Sandtrap Remake Inbound?

With the news of one returning large scale map in Halo 4, comes many possibilities as to what that map may be.

It’s already been confirmed that one map in Halo 4 combines elements from Blood Gulch and Waterworks, so that narrows down our list quite a bit. It would also be fair to say that the fan-favorite Valhalla won’t be returning due to it being inspired by Blood Gulch. Keep in mind that i’m referring to only Big Team maps, for the sake of narrowing down the options even more.

Other maps that could possibly possibly fit the description are Terminal, Containment, Rat’s Nest, and Sandtrap.

What about Zanzibar/Last Resort, Headlong/Breakneck, and Sidewinder/Avalanche?

• I’m trying to narrow down the options as much as possible, so I’m excluding maps that have already received their own remakes from the list.

Option 1: Terminal

• This is definitely one of the maps that can be revived in Halo 4. The community has been begging for this map to be revisited for years now and now could be a good time to do so.

Option 2: Containment

• Another Halo 2 favorite that appeared in the game via the Halo 2 Bonus Map Pack. There is absolutely no reason to not bring this map back at some point. It offered unique gameplay in its Canyon-like setting and provided fun vehicular encounters.

Option 3: Rat’s Nest

• I don’t think this map was popular enough to the point that the community was begging for a remake in future games, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is not the map. But I do have fond memories of multi flag CTF on this map and I’ve had extremely fun times with vehicles on Rat’s Nest.

Option 4: Sandtrap

• My money’s on Sandtrap. Not only was it one of the most popular Big Team maps in Halo 3, it was also home to the infamous Elephant(s), who’s successor appears in Halo 4. Truly epic moments have been had on Sandtrap, whether it was vehicular combat or large scale infantry confrontations. But the way I see Sandtrap returning in Halo 4 is the map being widened even more to accommodate for the Halo 4 Mammoths(Literally 3X larger than the Elephant) to provide an experience reminiscent of the original map while providing a Halo 4 twist to the gameplay through Mammoths and Armor Abilities/Mods.

What do you think?

It seems that the possibility of maps already available on other Xbox 360 Halo games will most likely not return. But I stand by the possibility of Sandtrap returning only because of the presence of Mammoths. Other than that, it is very, very likely that Terminal or Relic will return in Halo 4.

my vote is for sandtrap. Exile looks to be a successor of the more canyon based levels like Blood gulch and Valhalla.

An improved Sandtrap would be greeted with a warm welcome. Perhaps it could have the forge objects of Sandbox as well.

Im banking on Containment, Waterworks, Relic, or Terminal.

I dont think it’ll be anything currently on the 360

Relic or Terminal. More than likely Relic.

Nothing from Halo 3 please. They’re still downloadable and/or playable online. Certain Halo 2 maps are not only impossible to play online, but now impossible to download. I vote for Terminal!

I want relic or terminal. I would love to see one of those.

Considering Sandtrap and Rat’s Nest are both readily playable on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 already. I wouldn’t consider those options.

As well, you haven’t taken ANY Halo CE/2 PC maps into account yet.

> Nothing from Halo 3 please. They’re still downloadable and/or playable online. Certain Halo 2 maps are not only impossible to play online, but now impossible to download. I vote for Terminal!

Good memories of pushing people into trains…

My vote is still that 343 goes for a giant pun and remakes Infinity.

> Im banking on Containment, Waterworks, Relic, or Terminal.
>
> I dont think it’ll be anything currently on the 360

I don’t know, if the Mammoths are to appear at all in multiplayer, it would definitely appear in an even larger version of Sandtrap. But if that’s not the case, it will be Terminal or Relic. Calling it now.

> > Nothing from Halo 3 please. They’re still downloadable and/or playable online. Certain Halo 2 maps are not only impossible to play online, but now impossible to download. I vote for Terminal!
>
> Good memories of pushing people into trains…

Running on the train tracks while playing snipers and then jumping on the train with your back turned to continue sniping from a good position :wink:

I hope not Sandtrap. That map was garbage.

343 also has a thing about remaking maps already available for play on the 360.

To see Containment or Terminal come back will make me a happy man.

> > > Nothing from Halo 3 please. They’re still downloadable and/or playable online. Certain Halo 2 maps are not only impossible to play online, but now impossible to download. I vote for Terminal!
> >
> > Good memories of pushing people into trains…
>
> Running on the train tracks while playing snipers and then jumping on the train with your back turned to continue sniping from a good position :wink:

Or trying to block it’s path with everything imaginable. Unlike the tank, the train really does beat everything!

Do you know what could’ve won the human-covie war faster? More trains

I want Relic or Water works!

> My vote is still that 343 goes for a giant pun and remakes Infinity.

I would like this, if the map supported more vehicles (like Wraiths) and if it did not rely on campy teleporters and ladders.

I’d greet a Sandtrap remake with open arms. I love that map so much.

I would love to see Terminal or Relic. Both are classic maps that people have wanted for a while now.

terminal, sandtrap, or relic