Sandbox suggestions: sub weapons

Like the bayonets in halo 5, this idea is simple add weapons with sub weapons to the sand box, these are all T1 weapons similar to spawn weapons but their secondary function gives them a boost.

example ideas

MA5 helljumper
Information: An ODST MA5, with a flash hider and an m301 grenade launcher. While equipped the user can fire a single flash grenade (blinds screen for 1.5 seconds to all in blast range.) this is fired via the Grenade key and is counted as a grenade type, Trying to fire the launcher with out a loaded grenade causes it to reload the flash bangs. On pick up grants 3 flashbangs.
Lore: ODST’s needing a general replacement for their SMGs went with the MA5 like most branches, for this they stripped down the electronics removing the ammo counter but keeping the compass, they also removed the flashlight and replaced it with an m301 37mm variant loaded with flash bangs, this is do to it being slightly lighter then the 40mm variant. To round it all off a flash hider was added on the muzzle making it a bit front heavy, this had an advantage of mitigating recoil allowing slightly longer engagement ranges.

type-57 reactive
information: a swords design, this type-57 has been upgraded with needler ammo and a forward facing reactive shield allowing a small amount of counter fire protection
sub weapon: a small “jackal” shield that protects the users head while aiming, can take 3 shots before going down. Also allows the user to take 2 shots before going out of scope.

Br-55 all in one
information: a BR with a supressor, 3x scope, m301 loaded with PI explosives and incendiary rounds loaded in the base gun. m301 works the same as the helljumper version
Lore: designed by the UNSC as an answer to the flood the BR-55I or all in one, is a mid to long range incendiary weapon, each bullet tipped with a small thermal explosive which was designed with the help of Sangheili and unggoy armors. these thermal rounds disrupt shields and burn flesh on contact (Ligh DoT), on top of that a unique plasma incendiary explosive warhead was made for these. This warhead creates a ball of green flame on contact with the air and leaves a small pool of flame in its place for 10 seconds. These two features made it extremely valuable by UNSC and ONI assets clearing out flood containment chambers on known rings.

Too complicated for Halo’s sandbox imo

Not really, as most sub weapons will just replace the grenade throw while active. It is shown in halo CE mods like SPv-3 that it can work.

I don’t understand why people like you insist on needlessly complicating gunplay in Halo. This is isn’t Call of Duty or Battlefield, we don’t need modern military attachments in the game. Horrible idea

> 2535470395434446;4:
> I don’t understand why people like you insist on needlessly complicating gunplay in Halo. This is isn’t Call of Duty or Battlefield, we don’t need modern military attachments in the game. Horrible idea

Has nothing to do with CoD, more the fact these types of tools exist in the lore and are really fun to play with as they change gameplay in different and interesting ways. though I know they are a pipe dream as under barrel grenade launchers where tested for 2,3, and 5 but never made it into the final game. 2 even has a few shots of them in old video docs but you never really see them.

I wouldn’t mind these additions coming back as long as they are exclusive to custom games, they could complicate multiplayer dynamic but they could just add them to compliment the map they are in.

Yeah they would have to be a co-op and custom game option only like the sub versions of weapons already are in 5.

thank you for these different suggestions.