Sandbox Anyone?

Ok, we (the forging community) have been wanting another forge map for a VERY long time now. Maybe if this post gets viewed enough then we can get one. I was thinking of 2 ideas for forge maps: 1- Sandbox remake and 2- Arctic Shelf.

Sandbox Expectations:

• all original layers (skybox, sandbox and crypt) to be included.
  • all original pieces
  • some new pieces
  • all original glitches and tricks ie) blocking off towers
  • expanded budget (no duh :slight_smile:
  • same size
  • graphics touch-up
  • skins for pieces (want not need)
  • a massive statue of Iflod101 (need not want :slight_smile:

Arctic Shelf Expectations:

• large scale environment (forge world size)
  • less details in background environment (to prevent frame-rate lag and to expand budget)
  • a mountain with a large cave inside
  • a large drop-off to water
  • a creek running through the map (big creek)
  • new pieces
  • a very large, flat surface
  • a better name than Arctic Shelf
  • some floating pieces of ice in the water
  • think of the beggining of Day After Tommorow for this

Please leave comments of any thing to add and your opinions on this post.
Check out my Youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/V1rtualFlod?feature=mhee

I have no idea why anyone would want Sandbox back. I really don’t.

> I have no idea why anyone would want Sandbox back. I really don’t.

It was very fun, usefull and good to forge on but, but it was terrible to play matchmaking on (the original sandbox I mean)

OT: I really like the idea of a Desert Forge world and a Ice Forge world but I would rather have something new instead of an Sandbox remake… At least something bigger

> > I have no idea why anyone would want Sandbox back. I really don’t.
>
> It was very fun, usefull and good to forge on but, but it was terrible to play matchmaking on (the original sandbox I mean)
>
> OT: I really like the idea of a Desert Forge world and a Ice Forge world but I would rather have something new instead of an Sandbox remake… At least something bigger

Yeah, I didn’t like the MM version of Sandbox much either. But still, pretty much everything that you did in Sandbox can be done in Forge World.

The reason I’m against a desert environment is that there’s really no variation of natural scenery. Forge World has cliffs, rivers, oceans, grass, and Forerunner structures. Sandbox has sand and orange stone. If anything, an urban environment or ice environment would be much better for those who want some natural scenery to play with.

> > > I have no idea why anyone would want Sandbox back. I really don’t.
> >
> > It was very fun, usefull and good to forge on , but it was terrible to play matchmaking on (the original sandbox I mean)
> >
> > OT: I really like the idea of a Desert Forge world and a Ice Forge world but I would rather have something new instead of an Sandbox remake… At least something bigger
>
> Yeah, I didn’t like the MM version of Sandbox much either. But still, pretty much everything that you did in Sandbox can be done in Forge World.
>
> The reason I’m against a desert environment is that there’s really no variation of natural scenery. Forge World has cliffs, rivers, oceans, grass, and Forerunner structures. Sandbox has sand and orange stone. If anything, an urban environment or ice environment would be much better for those who want some natural scenery to play with.

A desert doesn’t have to be empty. There could be crashed ships, big caves, oases, Forerunner temples, underground structures, … 343 could also give more stone types than the ones in the original Sandbox, but as I said: I would much rather see a completely new desert environment than Sandbox

> > I have no idea why anyone would want Sandbox back. I really don’t.
>
> It was very fun, usefull and good to forge on but, but it was terrible to play matchmaking on (the original sandbox I mean)
>
> OT: I really like the idea of a Desert Forge world and a Ice Forge world but I would rather have something new instead of an Sandbox remake… At least something bigger

im with this guy and we ned some bjects that can move during the game like in halo 3

HI FLOD imm a big fan of your work :smiley: