Samsung LED Smart TV Lag/Choppiness

Hello,

After searching online, I have not found any pertinent information regarding the problem I have.

I have a Samsung LED Smart TV and the newest Xbox. When I first started playing Halo 4, the game was great, no lag. Now, each time I play, whenever I get close to a person or there is a lot of action happening, the game becomes choppy. It seems like the frame rate is slow? I am unsure on what it is called/doing.

If anyone else has experienced this and/or has fixed this problem, please help!

Thanks in advance.

If lag is inconsistent, I’d say it’s frame rate or latency issues.

Just to be sure, turn off all post-processing in your TV’s display settings or set it to “game” mode (if it has one).

Playing FPS’s on plasmas, lcd’s and led’s sucks because they aren’t built for it. PC’ monitors are the way to go

Could be a few things

1. Your TV is experiencing input lag - switch to game mode
  2. Your TV can’t process the information fast enough and pixelates (I doubt this)
  3. The game itself is having problems rendering all the detail - the Xbox 360 hardware is built on 2004 technology and simply can’t process all of the information that is being asked of it. The Xbox 720 will be available next year hopefully to fix this
  4. Your connection is lagging or other game participants are affecting you

> Playing FPS’s on plasmas, lcd’s and led’s sucks because they aren’t built for it. PC’ monitors are the way to go

It depends on a TV model. Some of them have almost non-existent input lag. If you want 0 ms input lag, then CRT is way to go.

Also, LED is just LCD with light-emitting diods (LED) backlight.