Same thing happening as Halo 4

The community is at complete odds with each other (Thread from Halo 4’s era/release), and Halo 5’s already been knocked out of #1. This same exact thing happened to Halo 4.
With Halo 4, it took about 2-3 weeks after BO2’s release to REALLY knock the population down. I really hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

As long as they keep adding content, and finally bring us Forge, it should survive.

its a shame halo releases same year as black ops, which is clearly the best call of duty series, would blow the other 2 out the water

Is Just affair of time

Yeah, now is a a pretty bad time for a Halo game to release with all the major titles releasing in the next few months.

It’ll be fine.

I know I’ll be all over fallout 4 when it comes out. Nothing like a good single player game. Halo will still be my multi player game of choice.

I’m not too worried about it.

History is obviously going to repeat itself because 343 refuses to make a game that plays like Halo, which would naturally hook many people for years to come.
Some people think this is BS and that the old formula would also die… but I disagree and I base it on the facts I am exposed to.
Everybody I know who used to love Halo feels the same as me and admits they would play a modern, classic Halo non-stop.
H2A, we all love, but MCC being the piece of trash it was for a year ruined our hype.

> 2717573882290994;9:
> History is obviously going to repeat itself because 343 refuses to make a game that plays like Halo, which would naturally hook many people for years to come.
> Some people think this is BS and that the old formula would also die… but I disagree and I base it on the facts I am exposed to.
> Everybody I know who used to love Halo feels the same as me and admits they would play a modern, classic Halo non-stop.
> H2A, we all love, but MCC being the piece of trash it was for a year ruined our hype.

Yet COD doubles down on making games that are faster and faster gamplay wise every time and sell more copies with each iteration. People dont want slower, classic Halo

> 2533274792512880;10:
> > 2717573882290994;9:
> > History is obviously going to repeat itself because 343 refuses to make a game that plays like Halo, which would naturally hook many people for years to come.
> > Some people think this is BS and that the old formula would also die… but I disagree and I base it on the facts I am exposed to.
> > Everybody I know who used to love Halo feels the same as me and admits they would play a modern, classic Halo non-stop.
> > H2A, we all love, but MCC being the piece of trash it was for a year ruined our hype.
>
>
> Yet COD doubles down on making games that are faster and faster gamplay wise every time and sell more copies with each iteration. People dont want slower, classic Halo

Call of Duty fans are generally stupid.

> 2717573882290994;9:
> History is obviously going to repeat itself because 343 refuses to make a game that plays like Halo, which would naturally hook many people for years to come.
> Some people think this is BS and that the old formula would also die… but I disagree and I base it on the facts I am exposed to.
> Everybody I know who used to love Halo feels the same as me and admits they would play a modern, classic Halo non-stop.
> H2A, we all love, but MCC being the piece of trash it was for a year ruined our hype.

Not to be obtuse but isn’t the MCC a modern, classic Halo? Did your friends play this non-stop when it came out? Genuinely curious…

It’s the Fall Line Up! Halo is always released ahead of the other headlining games and it always fairs just fine. We weed through those who wanted some fanfair to start their gaming season off and they taper off. The dedicated stay and things sort themselves fine within the community here. We just need to always ride out the idiotic behavior of those who comeback and tell us how trashy the game is compared to their new shiny games. :stuck_out_tongue:

The halo 5 aim acceleration and the dead zones in aiming as well as radar being useless have already turned me off this game. I have been playing bo3 and guess what I’m not fighting with the aiming and the dead zones are near non existent and is smooth. Ill play halo 5 seriously again when these issues are fixed

Not worried about this game. It has a strong multiplayer foundation that is unique from other games out there currently and even if players leave to play a different game they’ll come back eventually.

Yeah I am worried about Halo being knocked off with all these titles released. 343 has not failed but has not lived up to the ideals of halo. Tried creating a halo game and this one doesn’t feel like it has any long term play appeal… Beating a dead horse but you think they would have learned from halo 4 and how long it took to release forge on that game.

The game will survive, it always has, and will continue. It had to compete with other huge games, and yet, here we are, so much later from Halo: Combat Evolved.

> 2533274792512880;10:
> > 2717573882290994;9:
> >
>
>
> Yet COD doubles down on making games that are faster and faster gamplay wise every time and sell more copies with each iteration. People dont want slower, classic Halo

Not really. CoD is still only as fast as about Modern Warfare/World at War. Advanced Warfare released and it made it a little faster with the exo-suits, but it was one of the least well-received CoD games. Black Ops 3 pretty much only introduces wall running and jump boost. Doesn’t make gameplay faster. Just a little different.

> 2717573882290994;9:
> History is obviously going to repeat itself because 343 refuses to make a game that plays like Halo, which would naturally hook many people for years to come.
> Some people think this is BS and that the old formula would also die… but I disagree and I base it on the facts I am exposed to.
> Everybody I know who used to love Halo feels the same as me and admits they would play a modern, classic Halo non-stop.
> H2A, we all love, but MCC being the piece of trash it was for a year ruined our hype.

I have a friend who I found out also grew up playing Halo. He doesn’t go to Halo forums or websites or anything like that, he’s more of just a casual enjoyer of Halo who quit following the franchise long ago. Halo isn’t a topic we typically discuss (as all we really do is play various PC games together and generally bull -Yoink- around on the internet) so I’ve had little to no impact on biasing his personal views.

When I showed him Halo 5, he was instantly asking me questions like “is…is that sprint? is that aiming down sights”? He instantly came to the conclusion that “why are all these CoD mechanics being shoved in here?” Those are his words, not mine, but amusing to see that even people like him are complaining that “the game feels like CoD”.

He watched a full gameplay of Halo 5, then at the end kept going on about how “Un-Haloey” it felt.

> Not to be obtuse but isn’t the MCC a modern, classic Halo? Did your friends play this non-stop when it came out? Genuinely curious…

Key difference is that it’s a remastery of old games, not a new game following the old formula.
With the exception of Halo 2 Anniversary, which is practically half of a game with its small map count.

I would really like to see more PvE content like Spartan Ops, but it doesn’t seem that there will be anything added anytime soon.