Same Household Disconnects - Netgear Routers

If you’re having difficulties playing Halo 5 with two Xbox Ones that are connected on the same network, this may be an issue with your router. We’ve had success with port-forwarding on the Netgear R7000 & R6250 routers and have listed the settings below. While we are working on a larger update for this issue, please consider testing these settings and reporting the results back to us here.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have a different router, please find it in the Xbox Support “Networking and Hardware Information Database” to see if it has "Multiple Console Support.”

Directions for Netgear Routers

• Navigate to your router’s management portal in your web browser. By default, this is: http://192.168.1.1. - Sign in using your credentials. By default, the User Name is “admin” and the Password is “password”. - A firmware update may be available: . If it is, click the button, and follow the prompts to install the update. - At the top of the page, click the Advanced tab: - We are going to find an unused Static IP on your network.
    a. On the left side of the page, click Setup: . Then click LAN Setup:
    b. Take note of the DHCP range. By default, this is 192.168.1.50 through 192.168.1.254:
    c. On the left side of the page, click Administration: . Then click Attached Devices:
    d. Take note of any connected devices that have IP addresses that aren’t in the DHCP range from Step #5a. For example, in the below picture, this would be IP address 192.168.1.2:
    - Now we are going to set up a port forwarding rule for port 1343 to an IP that doesn’t exist on your network.
    a. On the left side of the page, click Advanced Setup: . Then click Port Forwarding/Port Triggering:
    b. Click Add Custom Service:
    c. Pick a IP address that meets the following requirements:
  • i. NOT your router’s IP address (this is the IP address you navigated to in your browser.)
  • ii. NOT in the DHCP range from step #5b
  • iii. NOT any of the IP address from step #5b
    d. Fill out the form as such, substituting in the IP address you chose in the last step:
    e. Click Apply:
    f. You should see your new rule appear: - For good measure, reboot your router.
    a. On the left side of the page, click Advanced Home:
    b. Click Reboot: If you have any information about your experience with these steps, or have an alternate suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated if you left us a reply on this thread. We welcome and encourage your feedback on the information provided here.

Im connected directly to my modem but i’ll try this port anyways. Just as a note though, this issue seems to stem even farther than Halo 5. Im not sure if a game update can affect system settings at all, but since the Battle of Shadow and Light i’ve experienced periodical disconnects on Just Cause 3 and now even Crunchyroll. It might be an issue with my ISP (Time Warner), but im doubting it since it started immediately after this update. Refreshing my DNS seemed to work for a short time but now im back to square one.
But here is my info:
Ubee DDW365 Gateway-Modem
Wired connection
Day One Console
ISP- Time Warner Cable in South Western Ohio
Disconnects every 15-25 min
UPDATE: Even though im not using a Netgear, this fix seems to have made my issue more apparent in Halo 5 only.
I can play Destiny just fine, Just Cause 3 seems to be doing better now. Experiencing problems with Netflix now. Halo 5 won’t connect to Arena or Warzone at all.

R7000 Nighthawk owner here. After getting disconnected multiple times I decided to recheck my post complaining about connectivity and found this fix. I’m glad to see it being acknowledged by 343i and happy they took the time to provide a fix.

This seems to have successfully worked for me and one of my other household Xbox systems to connect together. Before we could only finish 1-3 games before having to hard reboot all the Xbox and try to connect again. After doing these steps we were able to complete 4 Custom games and then proceeded to play 5 Big Team Battle games successfully with no connection loss.

Thanks 343i.

Will this solution work for people that just have one xbox1 that’s not working(I.e gettin kicked multiple times for “connection to server has been lost”) or does this just apply to people that have or are running multiple xbox1’s in the same house as stated?
Before I go messing with my router n all etc. interested highly if so.

I am in Mexico How can i fix it? modems are very different and I have no idea how to configure

After attempting this fix on my R7000, I now get a message when attempting to play that says, “One or more members of your fireteam has high latency to the dedicated server.” Trying to start a search for a game immediately brings up a message that says “Unable to match.” Then, the high latency warning disappears, and when attempting to start another search, it hangs up at “STARTING GAME…” with a circle spinning. I’m really beginning to lose hope with you over there at 343i. This shouldn’t even be an issue. You took out splitscreen play in order to keep the game at 60fps, ok fine, but if I have two Xbox Ones on the same network, I should be able to play this game with my friends. How has it taken this long to fix this problem? This is on you guys. I pay good money to be able to enjoy this game, and it has become, quite literally, unplayable for my friend and I. I want to love Halo 5, I really do, but until this issue is fixed, I simply can’t. Please make this right.

> 2533274836258429;6:
> Lol. This “fix” made my problem even worse. Thanks 343! Get your -Yoink- together ffs.

Why don’t you help out and post network specifics so they can better understand what might be causing this issue all together instead of flaming. Because complaining wont get us anywhere.

> 2533274809457814;7:
> > 2533274836258429;6:
> > Lol. This “fix” made my problem even worse. Thanks 343! Get your -Yoink- together ffs.
>
>
> Why don’t you help out and post network specifics so they can better understand what might be causing this issue all together instead of flaming. Because complaining wont get us anywhere.

You’re right. I edited my post. I’m just incredibly frustrated with this issue that I ave been trying to hash out on my end since the game launched.

So no support for the R640?? Awesome

Hey guys, I have an R7000 that plays totally fine with multiple xboxs. I used to have the disconnecting issue until I found a fix. If the OP’s steps don’t work for you, all you need to do is downgrade your router’s firmware. Trust me this works, my buddy and I both have R7000’s and his didn’t have the issue and it’s running a different firmware than mine (I had the latest version). I just downloaded the same firmware as his onto my router and haven’t had an issue since.

I haven’t tried other firmwares but I am using this one
Firmware Version 1.0.3.24 (802.11ac Wi-Fi CERTIFIED)
and I know for a fact it will fix your problems.

Thank you! I tried this and now my brother and I can play multiplayer matches without having to restart our consoles every other game. This worked for me.

For those with R6400 this does not work. Causes disconnects about 30 seconds into a game even when matching alone.

> 2533274826058495;12:
> For those with R6400 this does not work. Causes disconnects about 30 seconds into a game even when matching alone.

So what do we do then? I’m getting frustrated. A fix for the model right above and right below mine have been issued.

We just have to be patient. I don’t even have a Netgear. At least this shows they are working on these network issues. Also I am reinstalling Halo 5 now to see if that works. While I was installing it, I noticed Just Cause 3 wasn’t disconnection anymore like it did when Halo 5 was installed after the BoSL Update. Further sign the update is the issue maybe?

Thanks! This did fix the issues for me on the R7000.

343, please be sure to keep us updated on the progress of this fix. Might be getting a second Xbox to play Halo 5 with my brother and I’d rather not have this issue on Christmas Day. Thank you for acknowledging the issue.

I have absolutely no idea how or why it works, but it definitely worked for me. Haven’t had a single disconnect all day.
Thanks 343, just in time for forge and custom games :slight_smile:
Incidentally, I use a Netgear R6250 router

While I live alone and only have one Xbox, since a few day’s I’ve been having some issues with the halo 5 multiplayer. the game feels lagged (announcements like from the grave voice over comes half a minute or more after getting the medal, getting killed a lot faster than usual) I’ve had problems earlier with the multiplayer not willing to properly connect (in lobby of a arena game, music cut’s out for no reason. loading takes forever, lag, etc.) I reinstalled halo 5 and cleared some temp memory. game has worked fine ever since. until 2 or 3 days ago. the lag in kills and play was first. today during the beginning of the match the music suddenly dropped (in a way that is not usual for the game) and the game felt lagged again. then after the game i get back into the lobby for a second team layer game and the lobby music cut’s out and it keeps on loading and looking for players. at the end of match 1 it took 10 seconds for my after action report to show. usually it’s immediately after that it shows. and while waiting for the lobby to load i acces my boosts and they don’t show the pictures of the boosts (loading circle in place for the emblem, name and amount of boost is showing)
I don’t want to have to reinstall Halo again and keep doing that every time the game starts to lag and get buggy again. I should note that other online games (Destiny, Battlefield: Hardline and CoD) play just fine on my console with little to no issues at all.

I am from the Netherlands in Europe and this is my network info:

Connection: Cable
NAT-Type: Moderate
download speed: 10,24 Mbps
Upload speed: 0.82 Mbps
packadge loss: 0%
MTU: 1480
Latency: 167 ms
ADSL Modem

I know these are not the best of setting but it’s all I’ve got. I really hope this will help in making the halo 5 multiplayer better playable for people with not so great internet settings and such.

I hope you guys get to the bottem of this!

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

343 does not care about you. They will not respond to you or help you. All they want is all of your money. This is a horrible game. Another game sold incomplete. It’s sad really. I loved halo. But this is horrible. I’ve been spawn killed in btb Slayer and warzone 300 times. I mean I was killed within approx. 1 sec of spawning over 300 times in different games. Who wants to play a game that’s spawns you dead? I’ve been kicked from the servers while playing over 100 times. Wasting over 100 boosts and Reqs that I paid for. The 343 dedicated servers are also garbage. Will I ever get reimbursed for the money I spent or time lost nope. Hopefully someone will get what’s coming…

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

> 2533274865155673;18:
> While I live alone and only have one Xbox, since a few day’s I’ve been having some issues with the halo 5 multiplayer. the game feels lagged (announcements like from the grave voice over comes half a minute or more after getting the medal, getting killed a lot faster than usual) I’ve had problems earlier with the multiplayer not willing to properly connect (in lobby of a arena game, music cut’s out for no reason. loading takes forever, lag, etc.) I reinstalled halo 5 and cleared some temp memory. game has worked fine ever since. until 2 or 3 days ago. the lag in kills and play was first. today during the beginning of the match the music suddenly dropped (in a way that is not usual for the game) and the game felt lagged again. then after the game i get back into the lobby for a second team layer game and the lobby music cut’s out and it keeps on loading and looking for players. at the end of match 1 it took 10 seconds for my after action report to show. usually it’s immediately after that it shows. and while waiting for the lobby to load i acces my boosts and they don’t show the pictures of the boosts (loading circle in place for the emblem, name and amount of boost is showing)
> I don’t want to have to reinstall Halo again and keep doing that every time the game starts to lag and get buggy again. I should note that other online games (Destiny, Battlefield: Hardline and CoD) play just fine on my console with little to no issues at all.
> I am from the Netherlands in Europe and this is my network info:
> Connection: Cable
> NAT-Type: Moderate
> download speed: 10,24 Mbps
> Upload speed: 0.82 Mbps
> packadge loss: 0%
> MTU: 1480
> Latency: 167 ms
> ADSL Modem
> I know these are not the best of setting but it’s all I’ve got. I really hope this will help in making the halo 5 multiplayer better playable for people with not so great internet settings and such.
> I hope you guys get to the bottem of this!