Same epicness of halo 3 to halo 4?

In Halo 3 whenever you played co-op there always a epic moment during the campaign that 3 had that Reach did not, most of the time in Reach it was pretty much get to point A to Z while killing enemy’s and pushing buttons along the way, but in Halo 3 most of the time it was fun playing either solo or co-op mainly co-op. You guys remember the 3rd to last mission(Was it named the covenant?) in Halo 3 where towards the end they dropped down 2 scarabs, and you could either go take out the legs for the simpler approach or take a fun route if you wanted to, and fly the hornet over the scarab and drop your teammates so they took it out from the inside? see something like this should be in Halo 4, 343 should give us the option on how we want to take out some of enemy’s that is what I liked about in Halo 3 than Reach you always had to go in one direction with reach, but in Halo 3 you still had to go in that one direction, but with different options on how you wanted to get there. And no where near am I bashing on Halo 4 or any of the other games I have lots of faith and hope for Halo 4.

> In Halo 3 whenever you played co-op there always a epic moment during the campaign that 3 had that Reach did not, most of the time in Reach it was pretty much get to point A to Z while killing enemy’s and pushing buttons along the way, but in Halo 3 most of the time it was fun playing either solo or co-op mainly co-op. You guys remember the 3rd to last mission(Was it named the covenant?) in Halo 3 where towards the end they dropped down 2 scarabs, and you could either go take out the legs for the simpler approach or take a fun route if you wanted to, and fly the hornet over the scarab and drop your teammates so they took it out from the inside? see something like this should be in Halo 4, 343 should give us the option on how we want to take out some of enemy’s that is what I liked about in Halo 3 than Reach you always had to go in one direction with reach, but in Halo 3 you still had to go in that one direction, but with different options on how you wanted to get there. And no where near am I bashing on Halo 4 or any of the other games I have lots of faith and hope for Halo 4.

Yes mix things up a little

In Spartan Ops maybe?

We can only hope

I couldn’t agree more. Reach was just like driving down a 1 lane 1 way road.

I like the side stuff and the multiple approaches you could take in H3 campaign…and of course EGGS. ME LIKES EGGS.

> I couldn’t agree more. Reach was just like driving down a 1 lane 1 way road.

Exactly even in Reach when they revealed space battles, I was like “OMG REALLY?! AWESOME!”, but it was a total “Meh” to me when we finally got to play it. In my respective opinion

Halo has been getting linear in options since day 1. Though CE, H2, and H3 compensated with glitches and CE had a lot more replayability (plenty of checkpoints on some levels).

Reach on the other hand is pretty limited.

LNoS, the one level in a Halo game that has given me trauma. The action is too far and beyond.

Mission start is a disaster (Noble Team kill off 90% of the enemies, so I can’t go back and fight those enemies in masses with better weapons, plus infinitely spawning AI battle always has the same outcome on higher difficulties and the Wraith as the only vehicle makes moving scenery items extremely agonizing not to mention the lack of checkpoints and lack of support for Seraph piloting).

The space fight takes up too much of the mission.

I still thank -Yoink!- for releasing the Reach Demo and completely shredding my interest in Reach.

CE, H2, and H3 let you manipulate future places if you could access them before loading the AI in them.

Silent Cartographer, AotCR bridge jump, AotCR ending cutscene, Two Betrayals: not spawning AI, Keyes bump, The Maw bump, Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo, Great Journey, Sierra 117 dam, The Ark half Scarab, getting down early on The Ark, The Covenant.

Reach only had this a couple of times (i.e. Nightfall forklift skip, PoA window skip).

I know what you’re saying. I played some of Halo 3’s Campaign last night, and it reminded me of how much more epic Halo 3 was than Reach. Although Reach has a lot of cool places you can stand and look around, exploring what’s happening during the invasion. I especially liked the fact that you could see Carrier ships flying slowly overhead while glassing the planet’s surface. Reach felt more like a sort of desperate situation, whereas Halo 3 felt like more of a “I’m saving the Earth no matter what.”

There were points in Halo 3 where you feel so powerful just because you’re the Master Chief and you’re in the situations he goes through. Plus, the music in Halo 3 really helped add to the epic feel of the Campaign.

I hope Halo 4 blends both. I want large battles against what ever enemy we need to face, but I also want parts where we feel like we’re the savior that the Chief really is.

Like I said before, a lot of it has to do with the music.