SaltyKoalaBears Vehicle Thread

This thread is being created to let 343i know what I, and a vast majority of the high end forgers/testing community and MLG community want in regards to vehicles, and ,mobile base vehicles that support a spawning system. (ex LAND BASED: Elephant from halo 3, SPACE BASED: Republic and CIS Flagships from Starwars battlefront 2, WATER BASED: aircraft carrier from sleu of other games)

Our Requests

1)Vehicles that support a spawn system. Land, Air, Water and Space.
2)More types of vehicles, for variety of differing rolls in the theatere of combat.
3)1st/3rd person view
4)Option for ammo levels, much like a regular weapon has.
5)No instant registering hit scan weapons, unless by weapon design.
6)More place-able vehicles in forge, ex: instead of max of 4 scorpions,16 max.
7) Auto-Aim and magnetism adjustment option, or if simpler on/off.
8)Dynamicly destructible base vehicles.
9)Individual damage modifier for vehicles.

1)Vehicles that support a spawn system. Land, Air, Water and Space.

Before I speak, I will let these images and your very own imaginations speak for me.

LAND

Bigger better version of this M312 Heavy Recovery Vehicle | Halo Alpha | Fandom

WATER

SPACE

The FRIGATE

EPIC WIN!!

Add This

ADD EVEN MORE OF THIS

Only this time give us 3rd person holographic rts styled contorl and or very limted 1st person fov out bridge windows.

Next add sabres shortswords longswords pelicans and vultures plus any new awesome space fighters and boarding craft.

Proposed gametype:

Teams would play a game-type called capture the core. This would basically consist of stealing a data core from one teams frigate in a CPU/AI mainframe room and returning it to your own teams CPU/AI mainframe room on board your frigate. Once a core is brought into the mainframe room it must be placed in a data up loader for an adjustable amount of upload time (much like bomb counter). If at anytime your mainframe room is destroyed in battle,you loose the abilty to upload an enemys data core thus turning the game into a defense mode where the losing team can tie by simply denying the opposing team access to there core. It is important to note that during combat(ex;a mac round thorugh mainframe section of the ship) you can also destroy the opposings teams data core and forefit your own chance at capturing there core.

This gametype would work better than slayer because it would encourage very confrontational boarding action style of space battle.

The Frigate would be your teams base vehicle. The very interior of the frigate would be the map itself and would consist of varying rooms such as barracks, armory, bridge, engine room, battle stations, hangar, escape pod bays, and more.

As I mentioned before the Hangar would host sabres shortswords longswords pelicans vultures plus any new awesome space fighters and boarding craft 343 can come up with.

Much like in Star Wars BattleFront 2, These would be your means of hampering the enemy’s frigate and ultimately board and capture there core returning it to your very own ship.

All players would be able to choose there own loadouts, however thrust-er packs would be a standard ability for movement in zero gravity. These cases can occur if your vehicle gets destoryed and the vacuma of space sucks your spartan out into open space, or it could occur on purpose if one wanted to be a very small unnoticeable blip in the heat of intense naval combat.

Vehicle FTFW!

you said that you want a better land version of the elephant…? why???
the elephant is already amasising

what we need is a covenant version of the elephant considering that pretty much every UNSC vehicle has a covie counterpart

we need boats!!!

the only problem is Spartans can’t swim, so it’ll be hard to get in/out of them without drowning

Lore sidenote: Spartan Armor can change it’s own density on command, giving Spartans potential to be abell to float on water

that aircraft carrier, no
it would work as a good base though

Space,

frigates, yes

being able to drive them? no

like SW Battlefront, people should be able to man turrets on their spawning frigate, and be able to fly starfighters out and shoot stuff

time for some non-critical/commentary stuff

H4 needs Halo wars vehicles, all of them promote fair gameplay, and are pretty friggen awesome

and Halo needs some Mechas
most sci-fi’s have at lest 2 mechas.

Did people actually enjoy assault on sandtrap where it would basically consist of both teams driving the elephants right next to each other? While the elephant wasn’t very practical or useful on the map, I do think with some tweaking it could be a cool feature…a pelican would also be cool.

No offense, but how broken are you?

The most broken part about swbf:2 is the fact that you can not control the cruisers or frigates. If implemented correctly, how could this hurt game play? Imagine how instense it would be to play a Capture the Core with another frigate with your team versus theres? Obviously things like acceleration, deceleration and evasive maneuvers would be auto limited, so as not to rip the frigate in half and kill its crew via massive g forces from centrifugal force. So its not as if the frigates would be going crazy. I will explain more shortly.

> Did people actually enjoy assault on sandtrap where it would basically consist of both teams driving the elephants right next to each other? While the elephant wasn’t very practical or useful on the map, I do think with some tweaking it could be a cool feature…a pelican would also be cool.

Yeah, the elephant sumo wrestle…lol

i’m thinking that the elephant should be destructible, but it’ll be hard
like the worth of 20-30 SPlaser shots

and when it is destroyed, it will play an epic animation.
-First,the engines light on fire,
-Then,a loud Klaxon accompanied by some red lights go off inside the elephant
-Then, a wait of about 10 seconds, to let anybody on the vehicle escape before it blows up
-Finally, The engines explode, VIOLENTLY, killing anyone around, and destroying any, ANY vehicle nearby, with the exception of tanks

pelicans, HELL YEAH, but unless it’s loaded with armor, i’ll be a huge target

> Our Requests
>
> 1)Vehicles that support a spawn system. Land, Air, Water and Space.
> 2)More types of vehicles, for variety of differing rolls in the theatere of combat.
> 3)1st/3rd person view
> 4)Option for ammo levels, much like a regular weapon has.
> 5)No instant registering hit scan weapons, unless by weapon design.
> 6)More place-able vehicles in forge, ex: instead of max of 4 scorpions,16 max.
> 7) Auto-Aim and magnetism adjustment option, or if simpler on/off.
> 8)Dynamicly destructible base vehicles.
> 9)Individual damage modifier for vehicles.

Everything but 4. I dont think it would be to bad in custom games but I diffinetly would not want it in MM. Everything else looks pretty good though.

ESPECIALLY NUMBER 3!

> No offense, but how broken are you?
>
> The most broken part about swbf:2 is the fact that you can not control the cruisers or frigates. If implemented correctly, how could this hurt game play? Imagine how instense it would be to play a Capture the Core with another frigate with your team versus theres? Obviously things like acceleration, deceleration and evasive maneuvers would be auto limited, so as not to rip the frigate in half and kill its crew via massive g forces from centrifugal force. So its not as if the frigates would be going crazy. I will explain more shortly.

please,

explain how flying a huge ship, armed with a MAC cannon isn’t sorta unfair in a way
plus with all the trolls out there, they will fly the ship into an out of bounds area, blow the ship up, and put on a trollface

and because of immature vehicle wanties, they will undoubtley want to kill the guy driving the ship

i think that the ships should fly in a given path, and not just sit there, like SW BF2