Sales will be nuts

When Halo 4 is released, it’s sales will be insane! I personally believe it will outdo any other game next year, including the next limited COD in terms of sales cause it’ll will be so hyped up by the release of Halo 4.

I already have it pre-ordered from amazon. :slight_smile:

Well, I do believe that Halo 4 has the potential to out do it predecessors, but being limited to a single console, it won’t be able to outsell COD or other big multi-platform titles.

I think it’s a little arrogant to claim already that it will do so before advertising or even gameplay is shown.

> I think it’s a little arrogant to claim already that it will do so before advertising or even gameplay is shown.

Well, with the exception of ODST and Halo Wars, each successive Halo has outsold the last.

> I think it’s a little arrogant to claim already that it will do so before advertising or even gameplay is shown.

And just as arrogant to claim it wont outsell a competitors FPS. It might, or it might not.

> > I think it’s a little arrogant to claim already that it will do so before advertising or even gameplay is shown.
>
> And just as arrogant to claim it wont outsell a competitors FPS. It might, or it might not.

True, but with games like CoD that are constantly overhyped, multiplatform and always seem to outsell halo, I think it’s a little silly to be already claiming this.

> > I think it’s a little arrogant to claim already that it will do so before advertising or even gameplay is shown.
>
> Well, with the exception of ODST and Halo Wars, each successive Halo has outsold the last.

However, quite a few I’ve seen on B.net and even here don’t trust 343 to make Halo 4 as of yet, and with Reach being a failure in some’s eyes, who’s to say it will?

CoD is now the current bandwagon game too. You have to think about that.

CoD is the game that will Go Big.
I’m not a Halo Hater but CoD has always been better with Fans, we have a large community Base. CoD just has people screaming when they lose…

Though, Most of my PS3 CoD friends want to be Xbox Halo/CoD players.

I don’t care if Halo 4 outsells the other Halos, I just want enough community to play online till Halo 5 is out and keep it alive.

> CoD is the game that will Go Big.

They’re just explodind that “OMG this game is cool because is about war and looks real” cow between casual players. Do you think they’re doing well with their fans releasing a new multiplayer every year without even changing a little?

Go to here Spain, you won’t see any Halo fan, I assure you. Why? Marketing. The only Halo ad showed in TV here was Deliver Hope, while CoD has much more advertising here tan any other videogame. I think that explains a lot. And then there’s the too-spreaded idea of Halo being a game for children with those colors, people here feel adult-er playing Call of Duty… and that isn’t fair. I want to see one of them reading a novel of Call of Duty.

I’ve already pre-ordered it at GameStop, funny, I didn’t even know they were taking pre-orders for H4 until I went there to pre-order CEA and the worker there said “Are you also interested in pre-ordering Halo 4 today?”

> CoD is now the current bandwagon game too. You have to think about that.

Most bandwagons die out eventually.

Halo 3 broke records just like Halo 2. Then MW2 came out and now people think that all cod games outsold halo games. Halo 3 nearlly sold as much as MW2 and thats on 2 consoles (And PC, I’m not quite sure).

I actually doubt that Halo 4 will sell as well as Halo 3 or Reach did. Halo’s popularity is in the tank due to Reach. People will buy it, but I doubt very much they will come in troves and herds to buy it.

> Halo 3 broke records just like Halo 2. Then MW2 came out and now people think that all cod games outsold halo games. Halo 3 nearlly sold as much as MW2 and thats on 2 consoles (And PC, I’m not quite sure).

Well, both Black Ops and MW2 outsold halo games, MW3 is being hyped like crazy and CoD has taken over the #1 and #2 spot and held it for a while now. I think it’s fair to say it will probably outsell Halo 4, but who knows about Halo 5.

> When Halo 4 is released, it’s sales will be insane! I personally believe it will outdo any other game next year, including the next limited COD in terms of sales cause it’ll will be so hyped up by the release of Halo 4.

Idk…

The fact that Bungie is no longer the brains of the machine could be a huge blow to potential buyers.

I’ll probably get it, but I don’t think I’ll be preordering.

Whenever there’s a CoD, there’s gonna be a Halo.

…kinda sad, but true.

I mean, CoD is rarely referred to Call of Duty these days. Almost like it doesn’t deserve the title. Where’s the Call to Duty that brings heroes out into battle? I saw a bunch of sneaking around and zombies in Black Ops. There was no ture sacrifice. No “Call to duty.”

I fear the same will happen to Halo.

Halo 3. “It’s finished.”

Halo 4-6 “Oops, nevermind?”

It’s become a Halo vs. Call of Duty war.

In the infamous words of a little Green dude,

Begun the CoD wars have.

>
> Well, with the exception of ODST and Halo Wars, each successive Halo has outsold the last.

Halo 3 sold 8 million copies on ts first day of release. Reach only sold 3 million, and still hasn’t caught up to Halo 3’s overall sales.

> > > I think it’s a little arrogant to claim already that it will do so before advertising or even gameplay is shown.
> >
> > Well, with the exception of ODST and Halo Wars, each successive Halo has outsold the last.
>
> Halo 3 sold 8 million copies on ts first day of release. Reach only sold 3 million, and still hasn’t caught up to Halo 3’s overall sales.

I don’t know where you got your information, but that’s incredibly wrong.

• Halo 3 made $170 Million in the US in first day Sales. Halo Reach made $200 million.
  • Both Halo 3 and Halo Reach sold over 3.3 million copies in the first month.
  • Halo 3 sold 8.1 million copies within 48 weeks of release. Halo Reach had 8.6

For what it’s worth:
Halo 3-http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/6964/halo-3/

Halo Reach-http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/35024/halo-reach/