Saddest Halo Death

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of deaths in the Halo Series which one(s) do you think was/were the saddest.

I would say either SGT. Johnson or your character in HALO Reach. Or maybe Emile’s death, i liked him.

Sgt Johnston. Was one of my favourite characters and I was sad to see him go :frowning:

The death of General Keys I guess.

Either Captain Keyes or Johnson for me. The CEA Keyes terminal really put Keyes death into perspective.

Cortana…duuuhhh

> 2533274866352331;1:
> Unfortunately, there has been a lot of deaths in the Halo Series which one(s) do you think was/were the saddest.

The franchise.

> 2785932090929704;7:
> > 2533274866352331;1:
> > Unfortunately, there has been a lot of deaths in the Halo Series which one(s) do you think was/were the saddest.
>
>
> The franchise.

Doesn’t even make sense.

Kat.

In Reach, Jorge died on his own terms.
Carter died on his own terms.
Emile died fighting.
Noble 6 died fighting.
Kat just got sniped out of nowhere and nobody had time to process what happened…

I feel like Johnson’s death was more shocking than sad. I didn’t think he was even at risk of dying.

Miranda Keyes was pretty sad.

1. Cortana
  2. Captain Keyes especially after seeing his terminal video in CEA
  3. Johnson

The death of Spartan-034 Samuel.

> 2533274963128367;12:
> The death of Spartan-034 Samuel.

I always thought that too, given that he was the first SPARTAN-II to die in combat with the Covenant.

Thirsty Grunt from Combat Evolved. Still get teared up every time I leave that little guy to the flood…

> 2533274878931697;14:
> Thirsty Grunt from Combat Evolved. Still get teared up every time I leave that little guy to the flood…

ahahahha man me too i once tried to just defend him until i cleared the whole place but i never maked it

i think cortana was the saddest and shoking but not that much becuase i only cried for 20 minutes the oter deaths like jonhson and keyes were shoking and keyes was a litle perturbing

In all seriouseness, though, the saddest death was of Yayap in “The Flood”. Yayap | Halo Alpha | Fandom Poor guy, atleast he died peacefully.

Johnson, I loved him as a character and his personality. It was sad seeing him go knowing he could never truly develop any more. But in the sense of sadness where it’s just stupid, I’d say Kat because really, a needler shot killed her? Come on Bungie. Her shields were up so it’s not like any other bullet could’ve killed her except a Sniper bullet or Rocket. Idk Kat’s death just didn’t feel right to me.

Cortanas death is the saddest.

Cortana’s tries the hardest to be emotive.

I thought Noble Six, while they got to go out on their own terms, had the most depressing death though.
They know it’s hopeless, and that no-one is coming to save them, so they just resign themselves to their fate.
After all, Spartan IIIs are sent on suicide missions.