S.Palmer was kinda badass

Despite all the hate i think she will change.

When she was going down the lift and put her helmet on she looked pretty badass.

I dont realy like her and dont realy hate her either shes a good character and i think its going the good way.

She waS BA Enough to shoot a old women.I am still on the fence with her character .

It was expected. A 10 year Marine vet with the rank of Commander? Obviously she was skilled to begin with. Wasn’t expecting the finesse with a knife though.

I think she’s having second thoughts now that Thorne showed her the key, there is certainly more going on than any of them are aware of.

I don’t see anything badass about being a mindless soldier who doesn’t question her orders. She shot an old defenseless woman.

Besides that… what else is new? Spartan-IVs are so effective at killing Elites that 343 may as well just remove all those Elites and save some time.

What’s the point in these fight scenes when they’re so boring and lopsided? Didn’t anyone at 343 actually play old Halo games or read any books?

Newsflash for 343; Spartans and Elites are even matches for each other. Elites are not the same as Grunts.

And a bonus moan; how did Palmer miss her shot on Halsey? And if Palmers beast magnums can one-shot a Knight in the face then surely a shot to the shoulder of a human is going to tear them to pieces, right?

> I don’t see anything badass about being a mindless soldier who doesn’t question her orders. She shot an old defenseless woman.
>
> Besides that… what else is new? Spartan-IVs are so effective at killing Elites that 343 may as well just remove all those Elites and save some time.
>
> What’s the point in these fight scenes when they’re so boring and lopsided? Didn’t anyone at 343 actually play old Halo games or read any books?
>
> Newsflash for 343; <mark>Spartans and Elites are even matches for each other</mark>. Elites are not the same as Grunts.
>
> And a bonus moan; how did Palmer miss her shot on Halsey? And if Palmers beast magnums can one-shot a Knight in the face then surely a shot to the shoulder of a human is going to tear them to pieces, right?

Yeah…Those Elites looked disappointing when they just got slaughtered. They certainly didn’t live up to the name “Elite”.

Im kinda holding back ripping her head off now that Thorne talked her down,i swear that man is the only uselful person in Majestic.

> Im kinda holding back ripping her head off now that Thorne talked her down,i swear that man is the only uselful person in Majestic.

Yeah cuz i think thorne is gonna have a bigger roll they want us to grownon him.

‘Orders are orders’ like she said is just part of a Spartan being trained to follow orders with no question. So why are some of complaining about this? This is how all Spartans should be. Chief doesn’t follow orders he dislikes because of his experiences and such.

> ‘Orders are orders’ like she said is just part of a Spartan being trained to follow orders with no question. So why are some of complaining about this? This is how all Spartans should be. Chief doesn’t follow orders he dislikes because of his experiences and such.

Ah yes because Palmer totally arrested Chief per Del Rio’s orders…oh wait…and Chief totally followed Del Rio’s orders to give him Cortana…oh wait…

> > ‘Orders are orders’ like she said is just part of a Spartan being trained to follow orders with no question. So why are some of complaining about this? This is how all Spartans should be. Chief doesn’t follow orders he dislikes because of his experiences and such.
>
> Ah yes because Palmer totally arrested Chief per Del Rio’s orders…oh wait…and Chief totally followed Del Rio’s orders to give him Cortana…oh wait…

Disobeying an officer who is clearly unfit for command or disobeying the orders of the director of the Office of Naval Intelligence are two different things.

> > > ‘Orders are orders’ like she said is just part of a Spartan being trained to follow orders with no question. So why are some of complaining about this? This is how all Spartans should be. Chief doesn’t follow orders he dislikes because of his experiences and such.
> >
> > Ah yes because Palmer totally arrested Chief per Del Rio’s orders…oh wait…and Chief totally followed Del Rio’s orders to give him Cortana…oh wait…
>
> Disobeying an officer who is clearly unfit for command or disobeying the orders of the director of the Office of Naval Intelligence are two different things.

Whose to say Osman is fit for her role? She seems to be having personal emotions cloud her judgement by ordering Halsey dead. No shot at trying to rescue her, just straight up assassinate her?

Point is, orders aren’t always orders.

> <mark>I don’t see anything badass about being a mindless soldier who doesn’t question her orders.</mark> She shot an old defenseless woman.
>
> Besides that… what else is new? Spartan-IVs are so effective at killing Elites that 343 may as well just remove all those Elites and save some time.
>
> What’s the point in these fight scenes when they’re so boring and lopsided? Didn’t anyone at 343 actually play old Halo games or read any books?
>
> Newsflash for 343; <mark><mark>Spartans and Elites are even matches for each other. Elites are not the same as Grunts.</mark></mark>
>
> And a bonus moan; how did Palmer miss her shot on Halsey? And if Palmers beast magnums can one-shot a Knight in the face then surely a shot to the shoulder of a human is going to tear them to pieces, right?

1)Really cause isnt that what a “true spartan” is sopose to be? Well, atleast thats what people keep saying around here.

2)An no, only highlyy skilled elites are even matches for a spartan. It’s been described in the books how even spartan III’s slautered elites in close quaters. So why should this be any different? You guys need to stop being butthurt about the spartan IV’s. Even when they’re starting to prove themselves, you guys are still hating on them. SMH

> Whose to say Osman is fit for her role?

Apparently the previous director saw her fit.

> She seems to be having personal emotions cloud her judgement by ordering Halsey dead.

You got that from the small amount of screen time she got? Evidence is lacking. From what we saw she was completely calm and concise.

> No shot at trying to rescue her, just straight up assassinate her?

She’s a high value UNSC asset in the hands of currently the worst enemy to humanity. Aside from that she has a habit of getting into trouble, perhaps she’s been deemed more trouble than she’s worth and marked for death to keep her knowledge out of the hands of the enemy?

Or maybe just to tie up another loose end and bury her knowledge of ONI’s involvement with the S-II program…

> Point is, orders aren’t always orders.

When they’re not issues by a raving imbecile who has time and time again made poor decisions, yes they are. Del Rio had proven his incompetence on multiple occasions, Osman has yet to do so therefore her orders are to be followed unless she proves that she is unfit. For that to happen HIGHCOM and ONI would need to have words as she’s far higher in the command structure.

> 1)Really cause isnt that what a “true spartan” is sopose to be? Well, atleast thats what people keep saying around here.
>
> 2)An no, only highlyy skilled elites are even matches for a spartan. It’s been described in the books how even spartan III’s slautered elites in close quaters. So why should this be any different? You guys need to stop being butthurt about the spartan IV’s. Even when they’re starting to prove themselves, you guys are still hating on them. SMH

1. Well I suppose you’re right in a way. But I still see nothing “badass” about Palmer becoming an ONI hitman.

2. It’s also been described in the books how a single Spec-Ops Elite almost killed John-117 with no backup despite being shot several times with an AR. My point was that Majestic mow down Elites like Droids from Star Wars, with no drama or tension, whilst Crimson (during gameplay) get mowed down by the inevitable Fuel Rod Elite Zealot.

The combat in the cutscenes is boring and predictable. Disposable UNSC soldiers get mowed down… but we can’t have named characters die can we? I just wish that the combat was more balanced. Elites are trained warriors from birth, meaning that Elites have more time as warriors than almost every single Spartan-IV, so to see them be reduced to clumsy oafs (Halo Wars style) is disappointing.

But then I’m used to being disappointed.

> I don’t see anything badass about being a mindless soldier who doesn’t question her orders. She shot an old defenseless woman.
>
>
>
> Newsflash for 343; Spartans and Elites are even matches for each other. Elites are not the same as Grunts.
>

Elites and spartans are not even fights… Only the most best of the best of the elites can challenge a spartan.

> Elites and spartans are not even fights… Only the most best of the best of the elites can challenge a spartan.

But they are even fights.

See this is my issue. The disconnect between the cutscenes, where Elites get mowed down like Grunts, and the gameplay, where the Elites mow Spartans down like Grunts, is frustrating.

Because of this disparity between cutscene and gameplay it just contributes to the feeling that the two things are utterly separate and unrelated to each other.

She is a badass. Many people just can’t stand a strong female character like Palmer. It is different for a private or a sergeant to disobey orders, than to a commander. If the commander of spartan-IVs would disobey straight orders from ONI like this, she would get her head cut off. How hard is it to understand?

> > 1)Really cause isnt that what a “true spartan” is sopose to be? Well, atleast thats what people keep saying around here.
> >
> > 2)An no, only highlyy skilled elites are even matches for a spartan. It’s been described in the books how even spartan III’s slautered elites in close quaters. So why should this be any different? You guys need to stop being butthurt about the spartan IV’s. Even when they’re starting to prove themselves, you guys are still hating on them. SMH
>
> 1. Well I suppose you’re right in a way. But I still see nothing “badass” about Palmer becoming an ONI hitman.
>
> 2. It’s also been described in the books how a single Spec-Ops Elite almost killed John-117 with no backup despite being shot several times with an AR. My point was that Majestic mow down Elites like Droids from Star Wars, with no drama or tension, whilst Crimson (during gameplay) get mowed down by the inevitable Fuel Rod Elite Zealot.
>
> The combat in the cutscenes is boring and predictable. Disposable UNSC soldiers get mowed down… but we can’t have named characters die can we? I just wish that the combat was more balanced. Elites are trained warriors from birth, meaning that Elites have more time as warriors than almost every single Spartan-IV, so to see them be reduced to clumsy oafs (Halo Wars style) is disappointing.
>
> But then I’m used to being disappointed.

Well to be fair, there hasnt been any high ranking or “special” Elites seen in combat, during the scenes; except for Gek, and he has proven his skills by beating Thorne.

Honestly, Palmer has pissed me off a bit more and has shown she isn’t Spartan material. The only time she goes into combat is to kill Halsey. And then she can’t even do it right. She goes for a headshot for Halsey and hits the shoulder. With their augmentations, that is unacceptable for a Spartan. And don’t try to tell me “well, you see, it was a skirmish and it was hard to aim”. That doesn’t cut it. Majestic shot accurately in the Skirmish.

Yeah that was weird. Palmer could one-shot Promethean Knights, designed killing machines, with her dual Magnums but couldn’t get the hit on Halsey at such a close range.

And if a single shot can kill a Knight then surely it would kill Halsey right? We’re talking about cutscenes where single Storm Rifle rounds kill Elites in the chest.