S.P.I

“part legionnaire mail, part tactical body armor, and part chameleon”

I wan’t it so badly in a game… please 343i. Please… It’s such a B.A. armor system.

Cosmetic wise at least…

Your #1 Spartan III Fan :stuck_out_tongue:

-Barrioth

> “part legionnaire mail, part tactical body armor, and part chameleon”
>
> I wan’t it so badly in a game… please 343i. Please… It’s such a B.A. armor system.
>
> Cosmetic wise at least…
>
> Your #1 Spartan III Fan :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> -Barrioth

What if I told you, we already have the UNSC Air Force Pilot Helmet and MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Strider?

I’d tell you that those aren’t SPI

SPI is one of the best looking (my opinion) armor sets in the halo universe. And has been requested for years and was supposed to be in halo 3

> I’d tell you that those aren’t SPI
>
> SPI is one of the best looking (my opinion)

Because of a single picture taken from the cover of Ghosts of Onyx? I really don’t get it, SPI looks like old Mark 5 from Halo CE. Really not impressive imo, but I guess it’s at least more practical looking then these power ranger rejects we’ve been getting lately >.>

i agree it would be sweet. i usually dress my guy up in reach to make him have something at least similar.

id like to see the new version of it tho. the kind from onyx was made on the cheap and id love to see what the unsc can do to it now. they have a spartan branch of the military now so i assume cost isnt as big an issue so id like to see more headhunters (cuz they rock) using a new version

also as far as number one spartan III fans go, i may give you a run for your money sir :slight_smile:

Have you not seen headhunters?

> > I’d tell you that those aren’t SPI
> >
> > SPI is one of the best looking (my opinion)
>
> Because of a single picture taken from the cover of Ghosts of Onyx? I really don’t get it, SPI looks like old Mark 5 from Halo CE. Really not impressive imo, but I guess it’s at least more practical looking then these power ranger rejects we’ve been getting lately >.>

I guess you haven’t seen these.

And it looks nothing like the Mk V
Also, some of us actually like the new armour.

i dont mind the armor in halo 4 but reach made it look real with worn areas. now its looking like an action figure.

spi is the stuff. i wish they would make a headhunter game like odst.

would anyone else back that? special ops spartans cant be bad i think.

I do so want to see a SPI MK III :0

Make it have shielding and increase the photo reactive panels so they’d flow so well with their surroundings that they use the III’s for recon missions instead of suicide ones

> I guess you haven’t seen these.
> http://www.halopedia.org/SPI
> And it looks nothing like the Mk V

I have and I stand by it looking like simplified Mark 5, the only difference is the helmet.

> Also, some of us actually like the new armour.

They’re absolutely ridiculous looking, which is fine in-game, I really don’t mind that. But from a lore point of view, it’s really “WTF is this crap?”.

> They’re absolutely ridiculous looking, which is fine in-game, I really don’t mind that. But from a lore point of view, it’s really “WTF is this crap?”.

From a lore point of view they are all designed for various purposes and operations. Some may look silly, but they do their job.

the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.

i thought 343 was going for functional looking?

> the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
>
> i thought 343 was going for functional looking?

They function good enough for their roles.

> > the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
> >
> > i thought 343 was going for functional looking?
>
> They function good enough for their roles.

but dont ya think they could have thrown in anything to let them see out of it? what role requires being blind lol

> > > the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
> > >
> > > i thought 343 was going for functional looking?
> >
> > They function good enough for their roles.
>
> but dont ya think they could have thrown in anything to let them see out of it? what role requires being blind lol

Who said they were blind? You don’t think they could’ve created a series of cameras and such that project their enviornment via a hologram? I’m just spitballing here.

> > > > the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
> > > >
> > > > i thought 343 was going for functional looking?
> > >
> > > They function good enough for their roles.
> >
> > but dont ya think they could have thrown in anything to let them see out of it? what role requires being blind lol
>
> Who said they were blind? You don’t think they could’ve created a series of cameras and such that project their enviornment via a hologram? I’m just spitballing here.

oh no i certainly believe they did something of that sort im just saying they should have done a better job conveying that in game is all. maybe throw a few lenses on there or something ya know?

> > > the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
> > >
> > > i thought 343 was going for functional looking?
> >
> > They function good enough for their roles.
>
> but dont ya think they could have thrown in anything to let them see out of it? what role requires being blind lol

If SPI can use reactive panels with not a single camera visible on the entire suit, i think they can do it on the front of a helmet.

> > > > the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
> > > >
> > > > i thought 343 was going for functional looking?
> > >
> > > They function good enough for their roles.
> >
> > but dont ya think they could have thrown in anything to let them see out of it? what role requires being blind lol
>
> If SPI can use reactive panels with not a single camera visible on the entire suit, i think they can do it on the front of a helmet.

they (the military) have and are continuing to work on tech that bends light around objects and people. what makes you think an actual camera is needed for that?

Visorless doesn’t make you blind, it merely includes cameras. A lot of the newer military “goggles” are really just a bunch of cameras anyway, you just place them down in front of your eyes.

Visorless provides more protection, and can host a more practical visual suite of tools.

Ironman doesn’t actually have eyeslits either.

> > > > > the helmets without visors are stupid in my opinion.
> > > > >
> > > > > i thought 343 was going for functional looking?
> > > >
> > > > They function good enough for their roles.
> > >
> > > but dont ya think they could have thrown in anything to let them see out of it? what role requires being blind lol
> >
> > If SPI can use reactive panels with not a single camera visible on the entire suit, i think they can do it on the front of a helmet.
>
> they (the military) have and are continuing to work on tech that bends light around objects and people. what makes you think an actual camera is needed for that?

I just checked. The photo reactive panels dont bend light. They reproject it. All it does is mimic the light that hits it. Which is why it gets overloaded by bright flashes.