RvB vs. Arby n the Chief

It seems to me that most people like Red vs. Blue better than Arby n the Chief. I’m a big Arby n the Chief fan, so I wanted to see what all the hype was about for Red vs. Blue. Now, I’ve enjoyed RvB so far, but I don’t really see how it is so superior to Arby n the Chief. I personally like Arby better because of its immature yet hilarious humor, and last season, Jon CJG started putting in a real story into Arby n the Chief, and it turned out pretty well IMO. Which do you like better?

Caboose will rule the universe. All hail Caboose.

> Caboose will rule the universe. All hail Caboose.

haleluja! ghasuntight!

I love Arby n the Chief! I find RvB to be really boring.

For me Arby ‘n’ the Chief hit it’s peak when the movie came out. Red vs. Blue has and always will be done better because it’s not the same stale concept being recycled over and over again. Red vs. Blue is also worked on by a large “professional” group of people rather than one forever alone guy. Don’t get me wrong, Jon CJG is a great directer and I have admired his work since his DigitalPh33r days, but he just doesn’t stand up in comparison. He does an excellent job for what he’s limited to, but his best work to date is the One Life Remaining series.

I liked Arby n’ the Chief at first… but then it got too immature for my tastes. RvB has two things that are needed for a Comedy Machinima needs to succeed:

1. Never ending joke/Jokes that don’t get old. RvB is the perfect example with what to do, for the first five seasons Church was obviously the main character, but everybody else was just as important to the series.

2. An interesting plot/storyline. They kept adding new storylines to add backstory to these characters, and it even succeeded, (In my opinion) in a way that Arby n’ the Chief could never achieve, (Once again in my opinion.) They made the characters, in a comedy no less, feel a little bit more human, I could relate to these characters. Arby n’ the Chief never did that for me.

3. Caboose. The Chief from Arby n’ The Chief is not as interesting as Caboose. They both act like morons, but for different reasons: Caboose is genuinely trying to help in the situation, he can’t help the fact that he’s a moron. The Chief is the exact opposite, (for the most part) sometimes he’s trying to help, but usually he is trying to succeed in his moronic plans to get something out of it for himself.

Not only does it get tiring to see The Chief act this way once, but every single time… it’s just absurd. (In my opinion.)

Those are my simplified reasons why I like RvB, and, (In my opinion) Arby n’ The Chief is not as good.

Thanks,
Shade 88.

> It seems to me that most people like Red vs. Blue better than Arby n the Chief. I’m a big Arby n the Chief fan, so I wanted to see what all the hype was about for Red vs. Blue. Now, I’ve enjoyed RvB so far, but I don’t really see how it is so superior to Arby n the Chief. I personally like Arby better because of its immature yet hilarious humor, and last season, Jon CJG started putting in a real story into Arby n the Chief, and it turned out pretty well IMO. Which do you like better?

arby n the chief all the way manny people don’t know there has been like 3 more seasons after l.a. This is why it is better [url=/forums/general/f/10/p/88741/reply.aspx/top >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQgRvQNZzTE

Arby n the chief is made by one person. And red vs blue is made by a company

I like both of them. why does everything have to be a competition? Why cant we be friends? lol

> Caboose will rule the universe. All hail Caboose.

All. Hail. Caboose. gong - All. Hail. Caboose. gong - All. Hail. Caboose. gong

> I like both of them. why does everything have to be a competition? Why cant we be friends? lol

your right they are both good but i prefrer arby n the chief

> > I like both of them. why does everything have to be a competition? Why cant we be friends? lol
>
> your right they are both good but i prefrer arby n the chief

Thats cool everyone is always going to have a favorite mine is RvB but its all good.

I love both. But RvB was one of the reasons why I’m interested in film production.

I like both, but I like RvB a little better. But, what do you expect? Rooster Teeth has a whole studio and team working on RvB. Jon literally does everything by himself, with the exception of a few voice actors like Hutch. It’s hard to compete with RvB, but I still love both.

> Arby n the chief is made by one person. And red vs blue is made by a company

actually not at first, at first it wasnt made by a company and just as a group of freinds but it because unexpectedly popular and they formed a company, that tells you something about it.

I love both rvb and arby n’ the chief. I like arby n’ the chief for its traditional machinima scenes and funny puppeteering, and i like rvb’s witty references and cutting edge cgi action sequences.

Red vs Blue is way better. Arby n the Chief got old a long time ago.

RvB is better

Red vs Blue all the way. (Blue vs Red, because no one says it the other way)

I like Arby n the Chief… but its just hasnt got the longjevity that RvB has.
The moronic humor gets old after the first two seasons.

I just can’t seem to get into RVB, I just don’t find any of it funny. Whereas in Arby n the Chief, I find myself laughing alot. Sure, its immature but thats what makes it funny. Also I find the scripts pretty clever, considering the type of humour involved and I’m surprised there is still fresh material because it has been running for some years now.

The season 5 finalle “collapse” is what finally convinced me to get a 360 and enjoy Reach, so I owe Jon CJG for that.