RvB getting too much love?

Alright, for starters in no way am I saying I dislike RvB. I’ve been a fan for years and I have enjoyed all of seasons 1-10 and the multiple mini-series like Recovery. And Roosterteeth has made many achievements and has grown from the small parody it started out as…

But do I feel that RvB is getting too much attention? Yes.

Every episode of SO has had a RvB easter egg in it. There’s even achievements directed towards RvB. And Grifball. But seeing as 343 is a industry of fans who have made a game for fans, isn’t it selfish to constantly put RvB in the spotlight? Where’s references to ‘This Spartan Life?’ There are multiple Darkspire series that deserve recognition in some way, or even ‘Pregame Lobby.’ ‘Spriggs’ is another good series. ‘Arby ‘n’ the Chief/Chief sucks at Halo 3’ is easily a close second in terms of popularity. The latter of which has even made very respectful comments towards 343’s work (disregarding Chief’s offensive behavior. Not to mention brought attention towards the issues of girl gamers struggling with stereotypes) and all have played their own part to help expand the halo entertainment universe.

So it disappoints me that all of the machinima-based references in Halo 4 (or Karen Traviss’ novels) have strictly been RvB so far.

At first, I was going to tell you off, but then I did this thing that some people don’t do here, and that was read. So, yes, I agree, there needs to be some more references to other Machinimas, not just RvB.

RvB is hogging up the spotlight. Don’t get me wrong, I love RvB too and am huge fan of RoosterTeeth but other machinima’s need some love. They easily could have put in a reference to “Things You Don’t See On Halo”. A spartan man/ Backwards man reference would have been awesome

> RvB is hogging up the spotlight. Don’t get me wrong, I love RvB too and am huge fan of RoosterTeeth but other machinima’s need some love. They easily could have put in a reference to “Things You Don’t See On Halo”. A spartan man/ Backwards man reference would have been awesome

Somehow I’m actually reminded of a quote from Arby n the Chief.

“You said you loved RvB, correct? Is it because it was first? What do you want to do in life? Write a romance novel? Would it be a shame if you were bashed for bringing your ideas into a similar media only because you weren’t first? Think of the other Machinima series as others sharing their ideas and those who just want to make a living doing what they love…”

Point is I’ve seen many newer machinimas that have been pretty amazing. I’ve even considered creating my own, but I know my work will be dwarfed and I doubt any other series will outdo RvB in terms of popularity or recognition in the halo community at the way it’s being advertised to us.

RvB brought SO much popularity to Halo. I know many people who never played Halo, but watched RvB and loved it and were introduced to it. I think they deserve all the props they can get.

> RvB brought SO much popularity to Halo. I know many people who never played Halo, but watched RvB and loved it and were introduced to it. I think they deserve all the props they can get.

Halo brought with it a huge variety of pop culture. RvB is easily one of the best recognizable. But it doesn’t deserve all the credit. Nor all the recognition.

arby and the chief made me get xbox live…love em…never liked RvB

How about a Gears of Halo Theft Auto 5 reference :stuck_out_tongue:

> How about a Gears of Halo Theft Auto 5 reference :stuck_out_tongue:

Dear goodness no!

Instead of hating RvB for being in the game, why not hate the fact that other stuff isn’t,

I actually think it’s great that it’s a part of the game but i do love RvB maybe a little too much,

Bleep Bloop

> How about a Gears of Halo Theft Auto 5 reference :stuck_out_tongue:

Or The -Yoink!- boy…

Oh wait…it’s ‘victory crouching’ now. /sarcasm

Machinima (the collection of users, not the genre) has had a mix bag of interesting content. Most of these Halo related machinimas have received more than a couple millions of views, how is that not worthy of recognition?

> Bleep Bloop

Achievable Unlocked!

> <mark>Instead of hating RvB for being in the game</mark>, why not hate the fact that other stuff isn’t,
>
> I actually think it’s great that it’s a part of the game but i do love RvB maybe a little too much,
>
> Bleep Bloop

I never stated I hated RvB. I said I enjoy the series, I just feel other series deserve recognition within the game as well.

RvB Master Race!

None others compare : )

i hate the RvB “easter egggs” in spartan ops. any time i play spartan ops with the find game option some one ALWAYS activates the stupid thing and i have to listen to crappy RvB lines… i just want to hear the legitimate audio… STOP activating those stupid RvB egggs… i hate them

I find it unlikely that the other Halo machinimas have turned into major businesses and can fly out to 343 to record lines.

It’s because RvB is well know. I’ve seen TSL but I didn’t like it ( maybe was a bad episode ) and the others you’ve mentioned I haven’t even herd of so RvB for the win baby lol

I don’t really care that the easter eggs exist, what bothers me is that RT posts them in Youtube. Rooster Teeth fanboys just access the hidden dialogue. Every. Single. Time.

Aged off/post removed.

343i supporting RoosterTeeth.

BTW, the new RvB episodes are great, but I liked the Blood Gulch Chronicles better because it was more comedy based.
Now it’s just pew pew pew, Freelancers and backflips, know what I mean?

And Rise of the Spartans, anyone?