Running

I think that in Halo 4 the player should have a “run” button. it wouldnt be an armor abiltiy and you would be able to use it in campaign and multiplayer!!! i was often annoyed in reach by how slowly your character moves especially when crossing long distances

I think that idea has been used too much like COD and battlefield but I agree with you that reach did have some parts that took too long to get anywhere so they should have something.

Faster movements speed overall, but no sprint.
-Halo 3 uses 100% speed.

• Reach uses 90% speed.
  • Mlg settings halo 3 uses 110%.
    ¨
    I would like to try out 120% speed

> I think that in Halo 4 the player should have a “run” button. it wouldnt be an armor abiltiy and you would be able to use it in campaign and multiplayer!!! i was often annoyed in reach by how slowly your character moves especially when crossing long distances

It is a good idea but I did not like the run option it made your spartan invincible to fire the speed that you went in halo 1,2,3 was perfect speed. The master chief is wearing armor and without a explanation on how he got power ups after halo 3 ended it would not fit the story well for power ups to randomly spawn in the glass world.

i think it would be a good idea to add sprint to halo anniv.

I dunno if a running (“sprint”) funktion will be good or bad. I can´t imagine it now.

The Pro-Arguments are:

• there was Sprint in Reach (but as Armor Ability)
    So you could explain it now as “permanent Armor Ability” (Chief get a new Armor somehow, so…)
  • it would change the gameplay

The Contra-Arguments are:

• there are to many games (like CoD, Fear) where the sprint-function is in (Gets kinda boring if all games are same)
    … and it don´t work to well in some of the other games *
  • also it would change the gameplay (this time seen as negative) *
  • = So, I think it don´t find to good to Halo // it will change the gameplay to much in a CoD/Fear/etc. way. Halo (may be wouldn’t be Halo)

It worked well as armor ability, but I dunno if it should be set as “permanent”-ability.
May be you could have a button for Multiplayer: Permanent-Running-Ability: On/Off (if it is on, you could carry a second armor ability (if there are some))

For the campaign I would prefer it as not permanent: Keep it as Armor-Ability or as (permanent) Upgrade for Master-Chiefs Armor; the Forerunners or UNSC give it to him and he can run.
So we get some changes during the gameplay, too.
Would be good for wide, open areas.
Also it could be some kind of Upgrade, that hasn´t endless energy in it. So it would be some kind of consumption item. If it is empty you couldn´t run anymore. It hasn´t to be some “real” consumption item; but based in the storyline it could explain why you lose your running-ability again.

Going from the Halo 4 teaser. Chief had a jetpack on his armour, which we never got to see in the first Trilogy. Maybe Cortana can alter his armour/capabilities so that he can sprint?

I wouldn’t want it as a armour ability, nor am I bothered if the Chief cannot sprint, but it would be nice feature to have. Creates more tension, pace of the action.

I really don’t like this idea. All we need is upped movement speed. Alot of people whos first halo game was reach want a sprint feature in the next trilogy, and I personally think its a terrible idea.

it wasn’t really a jet pack, more like atmospheric thrusters for zero g travel, those things wouldn’t even move chief off the ground in gravity

> I dunno if a running (“sprint”) funktion will be good or bad. I can´t imagine it now.
>
> The Pro-Arguments are:
> - there was Sprint in Reach (but as Armor Ability)
> So you could explain it now as “permanent Armor Ability” (Chief get a new Armor somehow, so…)
> - it would change the gameplay
>
> The Contra-Arguments are:
> - there are to many games (like CoD, Fear) where the sprint-function is in (Gets kinda boring if all games are same)
> … and it don´t work to well in some of the other games *
> - also it would change the gameplay (this time seen as negative) *
>
> * = So, I think it don´t find to good to Halo // it will change the gameplay to much in a CoD/Fear/etc. way. Halo (may be wouldn’t be Halo)
>
>
> It worked well as armor ability, but I dunno if it should be set as “permanent”-ability.
> May be you could have a button for Multiplayer: Permanent-Running-Ability: On/Off (if it is on, you could carry a second armor ability (if there are some))
>
> For the campaign I would prefer it as not permanent: Keep it as Armor-Ability or as (permanent) Upgrade for Master-Chiefs Armor; the Forerunners or UNSC give it to him and he can run.
> So we get some changes during the gameplay, too.
> Would be good for wide, open areas.
> Also it could be some kind of Upgrade, that hasn´t endless energy in it. So it would be some kind of consumption item. If it is empty you couldn´t run anymore. It hasn´t to be some “real” consumption item; but based in the storyline it could explain why you lose your running-ability again.

A built in evade for his new armor- that would be handy.

> it wasn’t really a jet pack, more like atmospheric thrusters for zero g travel, those things wouldn’t even move chief off the ground in gravity

Sad thing is that the thrusters reminds me of dead space.

I’d rather not see him able to run.

I see no problem with not being able to sprint. In H3, for example, you’re always mobile enough to get out of danger. I realise that’s not quite the case in Reach, but that mobility could easily be achieved without sprint.

343 said they wanted to really embody what it was to be spartan, to feel like a half ton of powered armor, one of the most well conditioned and powerful humans in the galaxy.

And spartans can run insanely fast.

I feel being able to sprint would be part of that experience.

> I really don’t like this idea. All we need is upped movement speed. Alot of people whos first halo game was reach want a sprint feature in the next trilogy, and I personally think its a terrible idea.

I just agree with you.

I agree.
I just love sprinting. It must be a default ability to me, among other ones… :wink:

Sprinting should be a default ability, the guy is a bioenhanced human who is borderline cyborg (neural interface implants) who survived atmospheric reentry just like many of his comrades did in Reach. Hell he can rip tanks apart with his bare hands, it would be beyond stupid if he can’t sprint by default by in Halo 4. Also the addition of a sprinting button would not make the game unHalo like, stop being so hipster, Halo will still be Halo as long as it’s arcadey, has regen shields and great weapon variety plus balanace.