Running Issue

Hey guys;

Lately I seem to be having trouble getting my spartan to run. I have to constantly spam my “x” button (I use the “recon” button layout) over and over again just to get him to iniate the run animation and even then sometimes it’s only for a few steps. I have tried using all the button layouts to test to see if it’s just my “x” button, but no matter what layout I use, I get the same result. Can anyone help me figure out what could be causing this issue and how to resolve it? Thank you!

I have the same problem. It’s a joystick issue that seems to occur more often with Sprint.

I’m guessing that what happens is that your controller mistakenly thinks you’re pushing the joystick too far forward. It translates invalid input into no input, causing a “microscopic” stop – not enough to interrupt your movement, but enough to interrupt your sprinting. As the joystick damage gets worse, these stops will cease to be “microscopic” – you’ll actually stop moving at random whenever you’re walking or sprinting forward.

Switch to a new controller and see if that helps.

Thank you for the advice sir, I’ll have to try and bum one of my friend and test it (only rockin the one controller as of right now).

If you’re talking about in matchmaking, it happens to me when I lag really badly. If you’re not referring to matchmaking then ya it’s probably your controller.