Rumble Pit NEEDS to be six players.

If you’re going to consolidate Regicide into Rumble Pit, complete with the option to vote for Regicide, Rumble Pit NEEDS to be six players.

The spawns are already bad enough as is in pretty much every map and playlist, but they’re particularly bad in FFAs, even with six people. Eight people and it’s yet worse. 25% worse, I’m guessing.

If Regicide is played with eight people with INSTANT SPAWN on? That’s just going to be awful. Do I have to elaborate on that?

Lastly, it’s a real kick in the nuts (to merge Regicide into Rumble Pit) to the people who like playing FFA without having spawns screw them over at least five times a match.

I will have to agree with you on this. The spawns in Rumble Pit are a pain compared to Regicide. You hardly get time to spawn before someone is on top of you and sometimes you actually do end up spawning on top of someone.

6 player FFA encourages smart playing as opposed to who can clean up the most kills. I’m in total agreement.

Thank you for your feedback. We keep an eye on game settings such as spawn locations and more when optimizing our multiplayer experiences. Also, Slayer will continue to always be in the first voting slot in Rumble Pit after Monday’s update.

Are there specific maps that you’re seeing significantly suboptimal spawns on?

Mostly the forge maps have sub-optimal spawns like Simplex. I can’t recall all the maps, but the circular maps are especially hard to play, because there is an opponent coming from both directions leading to a “sandwich”.

I agree with the OP 100%.

> Are there specific maps that you’re seeing significantly suboptimal spawns on?

Mainly forge maps. Scythe is one that I remember having issues with spawns with in Rumble Pit.

> Thank you for your feedback. We keep an eye on game settings such as spawn locations and more when optimizing our multiplayer experiences. Also, Slayer will continue to always be in the first voting slot in Rumble Pit after Monday’s update.
>
> Are there specific maps that you’re seeing significantly suboptimal spawns on?

For 8 man FFA, Simplex has definitely been an issue. It’s very often that enemies spawn too close to you, and can happen at all the wrong times like when you’re low shields. Even the last person you killed can clean you up on that map, with instant respawn disabled. Of course, I realize FFA is supposed to be chaotic, but there’s something inherently not fun when spawns play a big part in who kills who, instead of positioning you put yourself in.

Next, Solace has a few troublesome spawn points at the bases. Players often spawn in the back of the bases within uncomfortable proximity of players in the top of the base around the Sniper spawn. It’s often that I can scope in at that spot, and RIGHT after I scope, an enemy spawns behind. Sprints up, and gets me. Granted, I know that’s what Awareness is for, the mod to have motion tracker in scope. Still, though…

Haven also has bad spawning even with six players. It’s often that I’ll kill an enemy multiple times in succession especially around bottom ring. A few times I even got a double kill on the same person.

However, a very noticeable problem is THIS.

The gist of this one is that when you kill someone in red/blue tunnel, it’s crazy often they’ll spawn at the respective ramp and be able to clean you up. When someone comes up from bottom mid to play janitor, the problem is compounded into you being trapped.

I highly implore the Matchmaking team to try using the 250 spawn system in which every single respawn point is used. Another thread of mine goes into detail HERE.

I realize spawns can’t always be perfect in this game or any game, considering the spawning algorithms used that are outside end user control, but doing the things like using the 250 system is probably the closest you can get to maximizing spawn fidelity. I’m primarily a FFA player, and there’s NOTHING more jarring and fun-killing than being screwed over by another person’s lucky spawn point. I even feel bad for the people that I kill who get the bad spawns. I think I speak for a lot of people with this post, or at least I find bad spawns objectively bad.

As a side note, I feel as if some of the problems listed above happen in Regicide with only six players because of instant respawn. Maybe the game’s spawning algorithm can’t choose the best possible spawn point when the player who dies respawns as soon as possible. With Regicide to incorporate eight players now, I believe that problem will be worsened.

Thank you for replying to the thread.

I agree on 6 players. Since Halo 2 I’ve always been an FFA fan but 8 people + instant respawn and everybody having power weapon because of personal ordinance ruined rumble pit for me.

I prefer 6 people, maps are really packed in and most of the time the guy I just killed spawns behind me and I end up getting trapped between a new opponent and the guy I JUST killed.

This is slightly off topic but I fell as if it needs saying and is relevant enough: If the player count is reduced for these reasons in RP, I think it’s fair to ask for that the team count be lowerd for multi-team for similar reasons.

Agree 100%, especially with the player who said they are constantly getting ‘pinched’ by spawners. Dispatch is horrible for it