Rumble Pit and BTB

Has there ever been an explanation why there is no regular 8 man Rumble Pit? How about why there is still no Big Team objectives to vote on? Theses had to have been excluded on purpose and I just can’t figure it out.

To me these seem like simple yet fundamental changes that would vastly improve the game with minimal effort. Do the gametypes not work or something?

It seems like that 343i doesn’t like to mix gametypes in playlists. Things like Rumble Pit and BTB have traditionally had this, and are the most notable exceptions. There’s also only Slayer in SWAT, and there are like 5 different playlists for each Team Objective gametype, where past Halos have had all of them combined in a single playlist. I honestly hope this changes soon.

I have no idea why rumble pit isn’t implemented instead of this FFA regicide. King bounty doesn’t reset after the king dies making it a luckfest. Bring back rumble pit.

This just dawned on me regarding Rumble Pit, ever wonder how they are going to score it? Think that may be the main issue really. Like in the old days it was a simple most kills = wins the game. But nowwww, its a point scoring system.

So for example, my 12 kills, 4 comeback kills and 3 assassinations beats your 15 kills, 1 comeback and 1 revenge kill. Terrible example I know, but thats essentially how it would turn out. And I think they’re already well aware the criticism that would get.

EDIT: Which brings me to the realization/conclusion, I don’t think they can adjust the scoring system (code wise) to make this not suck.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This just dawned on me regarding Rumble Pit, ever wonder how they are going to score it? Think that may be the main issue really. Like in the old days it was a simple most kills = wins the game. But nowwww, its this limited point scoring system.

So for example, my 12 kills, 4 comeback kills and 3 assassinations beats your 15 kills, 1 comeback and 1 revenge kill. Terrible example I know, but thats essentially how it would turn out. And I think they’re already well aware the criticism that would get.

EDIT: Which brings me to the realization/conclusion, I don’t think they can adjust the scoring system (code wise) to make this not suck.

They can score it exactly like they score team slayer. 1 kill = 10 points

> Which brings me to the realization/conclusion, I don’t think they can adjust the scoring system (code wise) to make this not suck.

That is one of the saddest things I have ever read. “We have not yet figured out how to make person with the most kills win the game.”

Haha serious. Buuuuut all this being said, they mentioned team doubles is coming out very soon (i think?). I guess how the scoring is setup for this will be a pretty good indicator of whats to come. Though watch, I sincerely doubt itll be the logical standard of just kills…

Points accrued in a game have no bearing on the outcome. I believe FFA regicide has a set amount of points per kill for everyone and the bounty on the king if killed. Assists, assassinations, etc do not matter toward the final score in regicide.

It is rather simple. I did not think so many people could have misunderstood the mechanics of the point system. The outcome of the game is not determined by the individual points awarded during the game. The only relevant aspect to the outcome of games are as follows.

*Dominion- first team to reach 400 pts/ 30pts for base and 10 pts for capture
*King of Hill- most time in hill
*Oddball- most time holding the ball
*Slayer- First to 60 kills
*BTB Slayer- First to 100 kills
*Extraction- First to extract 5 ‘bases’
*CTF- First to capture 5 flags

It really is not complicated and the point system can to some extent reveal a person’s impact on a given game. But other then that the point system has no relevance on the outcome of victory. I like the point system it is often more telling than simply straight objective points, kills, and deaths. I.E. Low point total usually means unaggressive play and uninterested play in obtaining objectives.

Thanks for the reply. Im a little unfamiliar with Regicide, though I remember it just being a race to get like 350 points or something, again not based on kills, but your score, which is kinda why i lost interest, fast.

But in regards to your scoring, say team slayer. Yes it takes 60 kills to win the game. But each teammates ranking within their respective team (1 through 4), isnt based on how many kills they got, but highest score. Which I assume is how they will operate team doubles, which is a little annoying but we’ll see.

Furthermore, going back to how regicide is scored. Im pretty certain FFR (Rumble Pit) can ‘only’ be scored in the same manner as regicide is currently, which will suckkkk hard. Meaning it won’t be a first to 25 kills, BUT first to 350 points for example.

I hope not anyhow

Annnnd scene, -Yoink!-

“Infinity Doubles offers the Infinity Slayer experience in 2 vs 2 form. In this variant, players have the option to choose their custom loadout, and instant respawn and radar are enabled. Personal ordnance will kick in at the traditional 70 point mark, but the options are tweaked specifically for Team Doubles. Games are played up to 300 points.”

Knew that was gonna happen. So we do have a rather serious issue on our hands…Don’t wait up for FFA Slayer folks