Rule Of Thumb We Learned From The Reach Forum

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If you say the term “Adapt” in one of your posts in response to a thread about wanting game mechanic changes, you’re most likely completely terrible.

Just a reminder.

>

Nahhh, players come on here to moan about everything new, this has always been the case. Halo 3 they moaned about equipment, Reach it was armor abilities and now it’s ordnance, AAs and the boltshot. If you’re coming here to nitpick because you’re losing matches due to you trying to play the game the way you’re used to playing it in previous titles, instead of mixing it up and taking advantage of new options…Then you quite literally…haven’t adapted.

Now if this was 5 months down the road, and we had random whack bloom like in Reach, that would be a bad time to say “Adapt”.

But this game is brand new, and people have NOT figured out the subtle nuances and tactics in high level play.

So yah, adaptation is actually a completely relevant response to most of these complaints.

Unless you’re talking about Ragnarok and Instant respawns on KoTH. In that case we can have a discussion.

Yea, those who DO say that adapting to the Boltshot/AA/Ordnance are the bad players, not us. (Well, unless the thing is horribly unfair like the Reach Reticle Bloom. Yuck!)

> Yea, those who DO say that adapting to the Boltshot/AA/Ordnance are the bad players, not us. (Well, unless the thing is horribly unfair like the Reach Reticle Bloom. Yuck!)

I’m sorry but your sentence structure has me a little confused

> > If you say the term “Adapt” in one of your posts in response to a thread about wanting game mechanic changes, you’re most likely completely terrible.
> >
> > Just a reminder.
>
> Nahhh, players come on here to moan about everything new, this has always been the case. Halo 3 they moaned about equipment, Reach it was armor abilities and now it’s ordnance, AAs and the boltshot. If you’re coming here to nitpick because you’re losing matches due to you trying to play the game the way you’re used to playing it in previous titles, instead of mixing it up and taking advantage of new options…Then you quite literally…haven’t adapted.
>
> Now if this was 5 months down the road, and we had random whack bloom like in Reach, that would be a bad time to say “Adapt”.
>
> But this game is brand new, and people have NOT figured out the subtle nuances and tactics in high level play.
>
> So yah, adaptation is actually a completely relevant response to most of these complaints.
>
> Unless you’re talking about Ragnarok and Instant respawns on KoTH. In that case we can have a discussion.

Hey! Don’t you bring rational thought and common sense here. This is the Halo 4 forum! :stuck_out_tongue:

In seriousness, I agree.

Adapt. This is Halo 4, not CE/2/3/Reach.

I can only agree that the boltshot needs to see some changes and vehicles need to be stronger against light arms.