Rule Change to Animated Assassination Kills

I think that in Halo 5 if you’re in the middle of performing an assassination and someone does damage to your victim to steal the kill the point should still go to you. Reasons:

• You caught the player off guard- You immobilized the player- You got them down to absolute shields (AKA as weak as possible)- Sometimes you can go into animated assassinations on accident instead of doing a quick back-smackI would like to hear what people’s thoughts on this are and whether or not this should be implemented in the final game.

Note: I still think teammates should be able to save each other from certain animated assassinations before the whole animation is executed, but certain types of assassinations should be an exception (like when you impale someone with an energy sword, they should be counted as dead and beyond saving).

Eh, 343 is busy with more important stuff. COD has toe knife kills. I think assassinations are a small thing to worry about.

> 2533274882999606;2:
> Eh, 343 is busy with more important stuff. COD has toe knife kills. I think assassinations are a small thing to worry about.

True, I know this isn’t a huge issue, but sometimes it’s all the little things that make the difference between an okay game and a good game or between a good game and a great one. Besides, how hard could it be for them to include something like this in the game’s final build upon release? And really, at this point in Halo 5’s development, little changes are all we can ask of 343i.

I hate yoinkers. I have mutual respect for every one that I do not yoink one’s kill, except on FFA. If you yoink me, I WILL make the rest of the game hell for you. Mark my words.

> 2533274867157068;4:
> I hate yoinkers. I have mutual respect for every one that I do not yoink one’s kill, except on FFA. If you yoink me, I WILL make the rest of the game hell for you. Mark my words.

Lol, I thought that yoinkers was just censoring a bad word, but you actually meant yoinkers.

> 2533274882999606;5:
> > 2533274867157068;4:
> > I hate yoinkers. I have mutual respect for every one that I do not yoink one’s kill, except on FFA. If you yoink me, I WILL make the rest of the game hell for you. Mark my words.
>
>
> Lol, I thought that yoinkers was just censoring a bad word, but you actually meant yoinkers.

Its a dirty word either way. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274867157068;4:
> I hate yoinkers. I have mutual respect for every one that I do not yoink one’s kill, except on FFA. If you yoink me, I WILL make the rest of the game hell for you. Mark my words.

Yoinkers in Reach were the bane of my playtime.

> 2533274867157068;4:

I yoink kills… but then i just want to see the world burn! muhahahaha😄

> 2533274830366691;8:
> > 2533274867157068;4:
> > I hate yoinkers. I have mutual respect for every one that I do not yoink one’s kill, except on FFA. If you yoink me, I WILL make the rest of the game hell for you. Mark my words.
>
>
> I yoink kills… but then i just want to see the world burn! muhahahaha😄

Wait… Do you yoink your teammates’ kills or do you yoink on FFA?

I have yoinked, but only by accident. One particular instance I remember was SWAT on Abandon. In the midst of a double kill, I turned, saw a flash of blue and instinctively meleed, bringing unbearable shame upon myself. I promptly went and threw myself into a bullet.
Showstopping on the other hand… :smiley:

> 2533274867157068;9:
> > 2533274830366691;8:
> > > 2533274867157068;4:
> > > I hate yoinkers. I have mutual respect for every one that I do not yoink one’s kill, except on FFA. If you yoink me, I WILL make the rest of the game hell for you. Mark my words.
> >
> >
> >
> > I yoink kills… but then i just want to see the world burn! muhahahaha😄
>
>
> Wait… Do you yoink your teammates’ kills or do you yoink on FFA?

Don’t -Yoink- with this guy, Dirty Rascal, he sounds he’ll -Yoink- you up if you yoink his kill, just try and showstop him.

Yes I htink this would be a nice thing. Also the yoink medal is irritating as hell.

For someone like myself who rarely gets assassinations to begin with I never had this happen to me. Although I am guilty of accidentally yoinking some players assassinations.

You either get assassinated, or live long enough to see yourself become the yoinker.

You knowingly run the risk of losing your kill when you decide to do an assassination instead of back smack them. It should stay how its been, there is the reward of seeing the animation at the risk of losing your kill.

> 2533274932540799;10:
> I have yoinked, but only by accident. One particular instance I remember was SWAT on Abandon. In the midst of a double kill, I turned, saw a flash of blue and instinctively meleed, bringing unbearable shame upon myself. I promptly went and threw myself into a bullet.
> Showstopping on the other hand… :smiley:

Oh I love showstopping. It’s like a less filthy way to yoink, except it’s the exact opposite.

> 2533274830513360;12:
> Yes I htink this would be a nice thing. Also the yoink medal is irritating as hell.

Well, I’m glad they took that out in 4.

> 2533274823890156;15:
> You knowingly run the risk of losing your kill when you decide to do an assassination instead of back smack them. It should stay how its been, there is the reward of seeing the animation at the risk of losing your kill.

Yep. Pretty much what I was going to say…

OP, you gotta tap the melee button next time.

> 2535460843083983;18:
> > 2533274823890156;15:
> > You knowingly run the risk of losing your kill when you decide to do an assassination instead of back smack them. It should stay how its been, there is the reward of seeing the animation at the risk of losing your kill.
>
>
>
> Yep. Pretty much what I was going to say…
>
> OP, you gotta tap the melee button next time.

I know how to just tap the melee button, don’t be insulting man, not cool. I mostly had this problem with my worn out 360 controllers, I play on Bumper Jumper and the 360 bumpers wear out and break really fast. I never play Halo 4 on MCC, so I don’t know how often it would happen if at all with XB1 controllers.

EDIT: I also recall going through the animation even when I just tapped the button if the game was especially laggy.

> 2533274815147687;19:
> > 2535460843083983;18:
> > > 2533274823890156;15:
> > > You knowingly run the risk of losing your kill when you decide to do an assassination instead of back smack them. It should stay how its been, there is the reward of seeing the animation at the risk of losing your kill.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yep. Pretty much what I was going to say…
> >
> > OP, you gotta tap the melee button next time.
>
>
> I know how to just tap the melee button, don’t be insulting man, not cool. I mostly had this problem with my worn out 360 controllers, I play on Bumper Jumper and the 360 bumpers wear out and break really fast. I never play Halo 4 on MCC, so I don’t know how often it would happen if at all with XB1 controllers.
>
> EDIT: I also recall going through the animation even when I just tapped the button if the game was especially laggy.

How exactly was I being insulting?