RP Boosts suck

Really guys, you give me a Legendary RP Boost for Arena, and when I use it it only gives me 750 RP? That’s just stupid, that is way too low for something that is supposed to be Legendary.

There’s no way you only got 750 RP from legendary boost. You sure it wasn’t an xp boost?

Hey, as long as I don’t blow real world cash on it, I’ll take whatever boost I’m given. It may not be much, but if the alternative is that they’re excluded from the game, why complain?
343 never said they had to give significant boosts, or boosts at all. I’d take it for what it is and not get bothered by the fact it’s only a small boost.

That’s how it works in Arena. Generally, playing Arena is not the best way to earn RP. I don’t like this idea of forcing us to play Warzone.

> 2533274837720524;1:
> Really guys, you give me a Legendary RP Boost for Arena, and when I use it it only gives me 750 RP? That’s just stupid, that is way too low for something that is supposed to be Legendary.

Right? i’d rather get just a rare card like a banshee, a tank or even a helmet. legendary rp boosts are anti climactic.

I got over 5,000 from my legendary RP boost, there is no way it gave you that small of an amount.

> 2533274912317447;2:
> There’s no way you only got 750 RP from legendary boost. You sure it wasn’t an xp boost?

Yeah, 100% sure. I was so stoked to use it, since I had gotten 2 over the past few days from Daily Wins… then I finished the game.

> 2533274873630868;6:
> I got over 5,000 from my legendary RP boost, there is no way it gave you that small of an amount.

I’ve had 700 from a purple RP booster before, they aren’t good in Arena.

> 2533274873630868;6:
> I got over 5,000 from my legendary RP boost, there is no way it gave you that small of an amount.

Boost or Jackpot? Jackpots give tons of extra RP, and my experience with Boosts give me small amounts.

> 2533274837720524;7:
> > 2533274912317447;2:
> > There’s no way you only got 750 RP from legendary boost. You sure it wasn’t an xp boost?
>
>
> Yeah, 100% sure. I was so stoked to use it, since I had gotten 2 over the past few days from Daily Wins… then I finished the game.

Did you not get any kills that game? Did you lose?

> 2533274912317447;10:
> > 2533274837720524;7:
> > > 2533274912317447;2:
> > > There’s no way you only got 750 RP from legendary boost. You sure it wasn’t an xp boost?
> >
> >
> > Yeah, 100% sure. I was so stoked to use it, since I had gotten 2 over the past few days from Daily Wins… then I finished the game.
>
>
> Did you not get any kills that game? Did you lose?

We did indeed lose that match… unfortunately. I know it would have given me more RP if I had won, but I can’t see it being much more.

I haven’t focused too much to confirm it, but I think it’s multiplier is also related to your individual ranking in the match. I once did a Warzone Rare RP Boost that gave me 250.

The system behind the boosts is pretty unforgiving because of how much it relies on multiple factors. You might as well just restrict it to victory and Jackpot variants if they’re not gonna be rewarding to use for everyone.

And for the argument of competitiveness, it’s ridiculous that you have to compete for a boost that you earned off REQs. That shouldn’t be part of the competitive design because it becomes luck if you’re paired against people you have a chance against, or end up in a one sided match. It’s also salt on wounds for JIP or 3v4 etc… kind of matches.

> 2533274873858957;12:
> I haven’t focused too much to confirm it, but I think it’s multiplier is also related to your individual ranking in the match. I once did a Warzone Rare RP Boost that gave me 250.
>
> The system behind the boosts is pretty unforgiving because of how much it relies on multiple factors. You might as well just restrict it to victory and Jackpot variants if they’re not gonna be rewarding to use for everyone.
>
> And for the argument of competitiveness, it’s ridiculous that you have to compete for a boost that you earned off REQs. That shouldn’t be part of the competitive design because it becomes luck if you’re paired against people you have a chance against, or end up in a one sided match. It’s also salt on wounds for JIP or 3v4 etc… kind of matches.

The thing is, I don’t want to use Victory boosts because I may not win… which is very likely. And I don’t want to lose the boost.

Use Rp boosts in BTB.

I never paid attention to what I got out of boosts

I’ve used various RP boosts many times. I normally play slayer and every now and again I’ll play warzone. For a legendary RP boost in regular 4 v 4 slayer, I received 1,400 RP. In fact in the same game mode I get between 700-800 RP for no boost. In warzone with a legendary RP boost I got over 6,000 RP. I would say with those numbers, you’re either mistaken on the type of card you had or maybe the game just didn’t give you your RP.

I am not getting any xp when I use my boosts, any thoughts on why ?

no way i got over 9000 (not a joke either lol) rp on my legendary

> 2533274810140824;4:
> That’s how it works in Arena. Generally, playing Arena is not the best way to earn RP. I don’t like this idea of forcing us to play Warzone.

I have noticed that BTB almost gives around the same amount of RP that you might get in Warzone Assault. I specify Assault because I have only play one game of the other.

It does suck though, but the XP has worked like that since I know of from Reach. In Firefight you could get a ton of XP as compared to regular MM.

> 2533274972448663;17:
> I am not getting any xp when I use my boosts, any thoughts on why ?

Make sure you are fully aware if the criteria for the boost you are using. It depends on if the game meets it. Like a Gambit: Assist (rank in the top 50% for assists, or be closer to the top for greater rewards). So if your assists are at the bottom you won’t get any. The ones you should always get a little something are the Arena XP Boosts (finish any Arena to receive XP awards).