Rockets Aim-Assist is Stupid.

Rockets should not have aim-assist. Rockets, more often than not, are aimed at the ground, or at a wall. Then some noob runs into your line of fire and throws your aim off. This is stupid. Rockets should have no aim-assist. Thanks you.

I concur

No Aim-assist period…

It’s so annoying when the enemy that has full shields goes in front of the one shot guy. I can’t begin to tell you how much I despise aim assist.

> No Aim-assist period…
>
> It’s so annoying when the enemy that has full shields goes in front of the one shot guy. I can’t begin to tell you how much I despise aim assist.

Sure… But I mean, you ever try team-killing? I mean, really TRY team-killing, when the guy is dodging you? It’s IMPOSSIBLE. (Shut up pros.) We need either aim-assist, or bullet magnetism. Maybe the 2nd??

Lessen it for the sniper to, I want to choose who to shoot and NOT the game.

> > No Aim-assist period…
> >
> > It’s so annoying when the enemy that has full shields goes in front of the one shot guy. I can’t begin to tell you how much I despise aim assist.
>
> Sure… But I mean, you ever try team-killing? I mean, really TRY team-killing, when the guy is dodging you? It’s IMPOSSIBLE. (Shut up pros.) We need either aim-assist, or bullet magnetism. Maybe the 2nd??

True, it is easier to focus a rifle center in real life then in games because of the joysticks. Team killing is hard yes and the only real way to do it is via sideways strafe. I’m an MLG player and I can tell you that we need Aim assist to some degree.

They could go back to Combat Evolved levels of aim-assist. Those were pretty minimal compared to what we have now. But it’s true, having NO aim-assist with a console shooter like Halo would just not work.

Halo should not have complainers, but yeah…I’ll just leave it at that.

If they fix their netcode the need for aim assist is lowered since there is less lag and delay, you’ll hit the enemy not where you think the enemy is.

OnT:
I agree with you OP, Rocket doesn’t need aim assist, I would even say it’s contra productive to have aim assist on such weapon. Rockets are for splash damage, not nice clean headshots

I think that they should allow you to turn off aim assist but keep it in as a default setting for the game in general.

This would make a lot of people who think they’re good enough to aim without it try and fail which would ultimately yield them being thankful it is in the game.

I do however realize that yes, there are people who can aim without it and would benefit from not having it. It wouldn’t be unfair to anyone as you are getting benefited either way

unassisted-don’t have to worry about aim takeover and ifactually skilled enough will not be at any disadvantage at all.

assisted-smart enough to let the game aim for you-will wreck the guys who try to act hardcore and actually aren’t good enough to do it

<mark>THANK YOU!</mark>
Rockets should not have any aim assist! Sniper shouldn’t really have much either.

> If they fix their netcode the need for aim assist is lowered since there is less lag and delay, you’ll hit the enemy not where you think the enemy is.

What does lag have to do with aim assist?

I Agree, to no aim-assist, on the rocket.

On the rockets take it off. Maybe they could make aim assist levels customizable? Of course keeping maximum levels as the “default,” so you can really only LOWER the amount of assist, not raise it.

Agreed entirely.

Also, the AI shouldn’t have homing when using the rocket. They need to learn how to track enemies. Giving a noob a crutch is only going to make things worse.

> They could go back to Combat Evolved levels of aim-assist. Those were pretty minimal compared to what we have now. But it’s true, having NO aim-assist with a console shooter like Halo would just not work.

When I think aim assist I’m thinking of how when you’re aiming your reticule, when you pass an enemy it slows down your sensitivity. That could be taken out or done VERY LITTLE, because it was way to much in Halo:Reach. You’d be shooting somebody else, and then his teamate would jump in front of your reticule and completely ruin your shot.

It was one of the worst parts of Reach.