Rockethog comendation tips anyone?

Im finding this to be the toughest of all the vehicle comendations. Even tried using the pods but always seem to die before I get a chance to fire. Has anybody completed this yet and if so what strategy did you use?

You have to anticipate your trajectory of the shots. And have a good driver

Don’t use the Rockethog (its garbage). Play Warzone Assault and when you get to req level 5, call in a rocket pod turret. All of the turrets count towards the vehicle commendations. (Chaingun turret = Warthog commendations, Gauss turret = Gausshog commendation, etc…)

> 2764486378417919;3:
> Don’t use the Rockethog (its garbage). Play Warzone Assault and when you get to req level 5, call in a rocket pod turret. All of the turrets count towards the vehicle commendations. (Chaingun turret = Warthog commendations, Gauss turret = Gausshog commendation, etc…)

Yeah I’ve tried this in regular Warzone with little success. I get that it’s a situational weapon, do you recommend a certain map or time to req it?

For the Rocketpod turret, you use it while on offence in assault when you’re trying to take the armory, or blow up the core. You just shoot it into the doors. I finished my commendation in BTB on that snow map that has the Rocket turret on top of each base.

The chaingun is even easier to complete since you can just call in an Oni chaingun and destroy people.

> 2533274819744066;1:
> Im finding this to be the toughest of all the vehicle comendations. Even tried using the pods but always seem to die before I get a chance to fire. Has anybody completed this yet and if so what strategy did you use?

Aim for splash damage kills rather than trying to hit the person directly.
If you have a decent driver that allows you to line up shots it’s a lot easier :slight_smile:

I nominate “I built Halo” as your designated driver, occasionally team kills here and there but he’s great!

One of the easier commendations actually. The rocket pods count towards this as well. So play BTB and just use them on Recurve and Basin.

> 2764486378417919;5:
> For the Rocketpod turret, you use it while on offence in assault when you’re trying to take the armory, or blow up the core. You just shoot it into the doors. I finished my commendation in BTB on that snow map that has the Rocket turret on top of each base.
>
> The chaingun is even easier to complete since you can just call in an Oni chaingun and destroy people.

Thanks for the advice and too everyone else too. Found all the other turrets incredibly easy I’m just real stuck on this one.

> 2533274805281617;8:
> One of the easier commendations actually. The rocket pods count towards this as well. So play BTB and just use them on Recurve and Basin.

I would recommand this too

Rockethog kills should be awarded the Spray and Pray medal too.

it easy use power of splash damage shoot in to armory

> 2764486378417919;3:
> Don’t use the Rockethog (its garbage). Play Warzone Assault and when you get to req level 5, call in a rocket pod turret. All of the turrets count towards the vehicle commendations. (Chaingun turret = Warthog commendations, Gauss turret = Gausshog commendation, etc…)

Really? Hu, how bout that

rocket pod turret will help. a good driver is also nice