Rocket Race XP Increase

I think playlists like Rocket Race should reward XP differently than other gametypes.
Players like myself who are trying to get Max Rank avoid these playlists since they don’t provide much XP at all.

Thoughts?

Please avoid discussions on “XP doesnt affect the way you play” or “you should only play for fun!”.

3 Likes

XP is fun, seeing number go up is fun, but my biggest fear is seeing people get too religious about it. If I was pre-rank 100 (hey, 343, get rid of that season point cap) and they had a bonus XP experience for a specific gametype, I would play that one exclusively, rather than add it to others in my playlist search.

I feel like there are tons of amazing opportunities for XP, I think campaign is one of them, but I’m not 100% on board for this one.

1 Like

There already is an XP cap per match. If you play rocket race you are likely to get nothing aside from the completion bonus. The completion bonus could be increased to offset the lack of medals, which would be fine. I can guarantee you no way will grind rocket race for XP, and if they do it’s fine given that the playlist will be gone by Wednesday.

1 Like

I guess my point is that it was really nice when the updated medals were added to H3, because now I could play the game I wanted to play all along (H3) for XP, instead of being tunneled into the other titles that rewarded more medals / more XP.

1 Like

Maybe instead of a large increase in one playlist, there should be a small increase in all of the playlists. Maybe a 10-15% increase for two weeks or 20-25% increase for one week? I don’t know, thoughts?

1 Like

Maybe make some medals that grant good xp based on laps complete and what place you are in on that lap. That would grant more xp and I certainly wouldn’t be against that.

1 Like

An easy solution that came to mind is increasing XP based on time.

XP for “Match Completed” seems to increase based on the amount of time in the game anyway.

1 Like