Rocket Launcher

The Rocket Launcher needs to be more powerfull in H4 just like Reach’s. Because in H3 I cant tell you how many times I shot a dead on Rocket on somebody and it only made them 1 shot. Discuss

> The Rocket Launcher needs to be more powerfull in H4 just like Reach’s. Because in H3 I cant tell you how many times I shot a dead on Rocket on somebody and it only made them 1 shot. Discuss

RL is way to OP in halo reach and it really pisses me off that its in some of the maps that its in. They should have replaced it with a spartan laser, becasue it takes way more skill to use a spartans laser than a rocket.

More like the Halo 2 one. Vehicle locking on FTW :slight_smile:

Hell no. The Rocket Launcher is easily powerful enough in Reach.

Halo 3’s Rocket Launcher was one of the few things that it did really well. Small-ish blast radius, but still lethal if you could aim.

> Halo 3’s Rocket Launcher was one of the few things that it did really well. Small-ish blast radius, but still lethal if you could aim.

Yeah, I like it much better than Reach’s. You had to be more accurate.

I agree… They need to kill!
To the people who say they are OP… THEY ARE ROCKETS!!!
Not marshmallows! They should be powerful ergo the term POWER WEAPON!!!

> I agree… They need to kill!
> To the people who say they are OP… THEY ARE ROCKETS!!!
> Not marshmallows! They should be powerful ergo the term POWER WEAPON!!!

They are powerful… very.

> I agree… They need to kill!
> To the people who say they are OP… THEY ARE ROCKETS!!!
> Not marshmallows! They should be powerful ergo the term POWER WEAPON!!!

Theres powerful, and then theres too powerful. Reaches rocket is too powerful.

The rocket launcher should only be in BTB or any other playlist with larger vehicles, because in slayer its very overpowered. A spartan laser would be way better, becasue it takes much more skill to use and its not as OP as a rocket because its more balanced.

If you actually took the time to aim at their feet and where they are landing it was even OP in Halo 3.

There should be two variants of the Rocket launcher (one with vehicle lock on) and one without. Well you could make the lock on one a whole new type of weapon of course. I think that’s what the purpose of the missile pod was in Halo 3 actually, but since it made you go into third person it wasn’t that popular.

> If you actually took the time to aim at their feet and where they are landing it was even OP in Halo 3.

No, that is not OP, that is aiming with a power weapon. The larger the blast radius is the more likely the weapon is to be OP.

The rocket launcher is fine like in Reach and Halo 2 it should stay the same.

Hell to the no. You don’t even have to aim with Reach rockets. Make them very, very, very slightly more powerful than H3 rockets, and they’re good.

Now you see that’s the problem with these new warfare games. They make certain weapons OP and then when it comes to weapons that are suppose to powerful everyone thinks mega OP. Like perfect example the BR or DMR it kills like in 3 or 4 head shots when other weapons you have to use a hole clip to kill them without throwing a grenade or using beat down. Now to me that’s a OP weapon and all that leads to everyone using the weapon. Now don’t get me wrong I can understand that if you shoot someone in the head they should take more damage but with that in mind then they need to make other weapons take 25% of the clip not 90% - 100% of the ammo.

Now when it comes to the Rocket Launcher have any of you played Halo CE? Because the RL in there is stronger than the one in Halo Reach and no one had a problem with it. Plus the RL in Halo Reach wouldn’t seem so powerful if people wouldn’t vote for hallway type of maps like forge world maps. Now for the RL in Halo CE it’s strong but takes a long time to reload. So it has a good thing and a bad thing about it. That’s why I wish that the more powerful the weapon is to take someone out the longer it should take to reload your weapon. So then the weapon has a positive and negative thing about it. They need to get rid of this active reload BS and have the real reload time. Like I love how 75% of the community says they don’t want things from Call of Duty or Gear of War but when they add that active reload BS in Halo 3 everyone thought it was sweet.

I say keep the power of the rockets the way they are in reach, but reduce the radius like it was in Halo 3. I can’t tell you how many times I flat out miss a rocket, but still get a kill -_-

Also increasing jump height would help since you can dodge rockets like you could in H3

> Now you see that’s the problem with these new warfare games. They make certain weapons OP and then when it comes to weapons that are suppose to powerful everyone thinks mega OP. Like perfect example the BR or DMR it kills like in 3 or 4 head shots when other weapons you have to use a hole clip to kill them without throwing a grenade or using beat down. Now to me that’s a OP weapon and all that leads to everyone using the weapon. Now don’t get me wrong I can understand that if you shoot someone in the head they should take more damage but with that in mind then they need to make other weapons take 25% of the clip not 90% - 100% of the ammo.

They just need to make the close range weapons more accurate and less autoaim-noob friendly.

> Now when it comes to the Rocket Launcher have any of you played Halo CE? Because the RL in there is stronger than the one in Halo Reach and no one had a problem with it. Plus the RL in Halo Reach wouldn’t seem so powerful if people wouldn’t vote for hallway type of maps like forge world maps. Now for the RL in Halo CE it’s strong but takes a long time to reload. So it has a good thing and a bad thing about it. That’s why I wish that the more powerful the weapon is to take someone out the longer it should take to reload your weapon. So then the weapon has a positive and negative thing about it. They need to get rid of this active reload BS and have the real reload time. Like I love how 75% of the community says they don’t want things from Call of Duty or Gear of War but when they add that active reload BS in Halo 3 everyone thought it was sweet.

That’s because the pistol was 3 shot kill: an equally powerful counter.
Wtf r u talking about

I really, really, really do not like Reach’s rocket launcher (and grenade launcher). Not just because of the radius but because of movement speed, how it’s placed on the maps ad the types of situations the map geometries force (with the notable exception of Powerhouse), and its power compared with all the other weapons and their kill times – it’s annoying having to take so long to kill anyone and the rl just gets a one-shot kill. It upsets the pace of the game. And I think it travels too slowly too.

Speaking of active reload I quite liked xyy.

> More like the Halo 2 one. Vehicle locking on FTW :slight_smile:

ya totally and i thought the reach rl was pretty good

I don’t know if its just me but its always seemed like the rocket launcher splash damage doesn’t effect the user as much as an opponent. Many times I’ve been an equal distance to a rocket blast and I die, but they live. That may just be a perception, but I’ve been on the other end of it as well.

As far as overall power goes, Reach’s was fine, the base movement was just too slow.

One thing that’s a MUST is getting rid of the ballistic physics that cause rockets to droop slightly over long distances. There’s just no reason to have that.