rocket headshot medal?

should there should be a medal for headshoting someone with the rocket launcher, and possibly an achivement to go along with it?

discuss.

> should there should be a medal for headshoting someone with the rocket launcher, and possibly an achivement to go along with it?
>
> discuss.

That would be a cool medal, but for an achievement noo.

That would be pointless for both.

> That would be pointless for both.

why?

No.

Reason: Rockets blow up. It’s a one hit kill weapon with massive splash damage that is totally the opposite of getting a headshot with a precision weapon.

> No.
>
> Reason: Rockets blow up. It’s a one hit kill weapon with massive splash damage that is totally the opposite of getting a headshot with a precision weapon.

thats true, but its almost impossible to get a headshot with a rocket, and gives a huge sence of acomplishment if you actualy manage to pull it off. so why not have a system that will let someone know they did it, so they can brag to all there friends.

…assuming they have any.

> > No.
> >
> > Reason: Rockets blow up. It’s a one hit kill weapon with massive splash damage that is totally the opposite of getting a headshot with a precision weapon.
>
> thats true, but its almost impossible to get a headshot with a rocket, and gives a huge sence of acomplishment if you actualy manage to pull it off. so why not have a system that will let someone know they did it, so they can brag to all there friends.

How in there world is this feasible? When you are hit by a rocket, everything blows up at once. Take gears of war for example, when you get a headshot on there, your opponents heads literally comes off/blow up/pops - leaving the rest of the body in tact. Rifle, pistol, sniper rifle, etc are very capable of blowing off heads. While the rocket launcher is incapable of taking off only someone’s head.

> > > No.
> > >
> > > Reason: Rockets blow up. It’s a one hit kill weapon with massive splash damage that is totally the opposite of getting a headshot with a precision weapon.
> >
> > thats true, but its almost impossible to get a headshot with a rocket, and gives a huge sence of acomplishment if you actualy manage to pull it off. so why not have a system that will let someone know they did it, so they can brag to all there friends.
>
> How in there world is this feasible? When you are hit by a rocket, everything blows up at once. Take gears of war for example, when you get a headshot on there, your opponents heads literally comes off/blow up/pops - leaving the rest of the body in tact. Rifle, pistol, sniper rifle, etc are very capable of blowing off heads. While the rocket launcher is incapable of taking off only someone’s head.

rocket hits someones head = medal. i just think that there should be some sort of VERY hard to get medal for MM, and this would fit that role.

I think the following would be suiting of medals:

Should Definitely get medals:

Head Shot: BOOM! Head Shot!

Hit on a single person: Bullseye!

Killing at least two people with every rocket you have(probably should be in a short amount of time): Rocket Scientist(If that’s ok with epic, stealing their medal.)

Maybe get medals:

Killing a group of people from above, on a hill or in an aircraft(not sure which ones better): Air Strike

Blowing up a Warthog: Rockethog!

Blowing up a tank: Anti Tank

Blowing up an air craft: Anti Aircraft(don’t really like this one)

There should be a medal for shooting a rocket out of the air as well. Though I have no idea what it could be called.

rocket headshots for the win!!!

Splaser headshot would be more suitable.

> should there should be a medal for headshoting someone with the rocket launcher, and possibly an achivement to go along with it?
>
> discuss.

No. It would be stupid, entirely random (for as slow as the rockets go) and it would force players to go out of their way to aim for the head instead of the feet.

> Splaser headshot would be more suitable.

meh, splaser would be to easy. i want a chalange.

If you ask me, there are way too many medals for halo already. Also in my opinion that would be a weird one seeing as rockets just go esplody the second they hit their target.

> > Splaser headshot would be more suitable.
>
> meh, splaser would be to easy. i want a chalange.

You have to wait for the charge. It isn’t a sniper, the person moves too.

No, this is a bad idea and you should feel bad.

I could maybe see this as an achievement more than anything, however I’d rather not. It’s an interesting idea, however.

Also, multiplayer achievements SUCK.

> I think the following would be suiting of medals:
>
> …
>
> Blowing up an air craft: Anti Aircraft(don’t really like this one)
>
> …

how about “Flyswatter”?

But I’m really not sure medals like this are necessary. If you are going to give so many specific medals for kills with Rockets, you would need to do so for every weapon, or at least for every “special” weapon. Perhaps “Rocket Spree” and the following 10 and 15 kills with out deaths medals would be sufficient? unless you are constantly picking up rocket launchers the only way to get the higher ones is with some sick multi-kills.

I heard other players complaining that there are already too many “pointless” medals in the game. While i don’t necessarily agree with them, I do believe that it lessens the value of medals if every time you fire a rocket 5 medals appear on your screen.

Edit for example:
you shoot a warthog with three players in it with your medals added in:

Double Kill, Tripple Kill, Rocket Scientist, Rocket hog.

On top of that you could easily get medals like Killing Spree (or rocket spree if they have that too), and in halo 4 you would likely get at least one or two of the other new medals (I’m not sure what all of them are so I cannot say for sure).

Sure, showering you with medals can make you feel “accomplished” but i think after a while they would feel empty. Personally i want to feel like i earned something.

To answer OP: i think if anything you should get a normal headshot medal with any weapon as long as the fatal hit happens to be in the vicinity of their face, but only so-long as headshots do “bonus damage” (however much that would be i have no idea).

> I could maybe see this as an achievement more than anything, however I’d rather not. It’s an interesting idea, however.
>
> Also, multiplayer achievements SUCK.

WHAT?!?! You don’t like multiplayer achievements?! You are definitely the only one and I speak for every Halo fan when I say we should have more multiplayer achievements. All achievements should be in multiplayer.

If you have not noticed by now Im being sarcastic. In all seriousness, I feel like it would be way too hard to gauge what a rocket headshot consisted as. It just wouldn’t work well if you ask me.