Robotic prosthetic arms on Spartans

This is something that I started wondering about last night. A few Spartans such as Kat and possible James.(As well as Six if you choose to do so) have robotic arms after injuries that made them lose their limb. My question is about he strength of these arms. We all obviously know Spartans are augmented and are incredibly strong, but I’m wondering if this carries over to their robotic arms. Are the arms built to match the strength of the Spartan(If it is possible to do so)? Or are the Spartans forced to work with one arm being significantly weaker than the other?

they r built to match their strength, cuz if the had a lame arm they wouldn’t be much use in the field now would they. they’d just be sent to a logistics or intelligence field…

> they r built to match their strength, cuz if the had a lame arm they wouldn’t be much use in the field now would they. they’d just be sent to a logistics or intelligence field…

Which is half of what Kat does. The other half moan on about navpoints.

But I think you’re probably right anyway.

It’s probably built to match their strength. They don’t want any less Spartans on the field probably. That’s also why they are trying to rehabilitate the damaged Spartans from the Spartan II program. They want as many Spartans as possible.

Also, that arm is probably made of really tough metal. Imagine getting punched by it in the face…

> This is something that I started wondering about last night. A few Spartans such as Kat and possible James.(As well as Six if you choose to do so) have robotic arms after injuries that made them lose their limb. My question is about he strength of these arms. We all obviously know Spartans are augmented and are incredibly strong, but I’m wondering if this carries over to their robotic arms. Are the arms built to match the strength of the Spartan(If it is possible to do so)? Or are the Spartans forced to work with one arm being significantly weaker than the other?

To be fair like someone else said that prosthetic arm is probably very very strong, either way I would not want to be on the recieving end of a punch from one of them.

As described by Captain Ponder in Halo Contact Harvest, the prosthetics are made of Titanium. Titanium is also what makes up the MJOLNIR Armor, well, Titanium Carbide. That would mean that the prosthetic would have the same strength as the armor, plus since it’s hydraulic, it should have the same, or even more punching, lifting, and just pure power.