Roaming King is so fun!

On the off chance that 343 sees this, i just want them to know that I think the roaming king playlist is so fun!
please let it return in Infinite. I could definitely see it making its way to pro tournaments.

Edit: There’s pretty obvious skill gap with the gametype. If anyone has noticed, noobs all stay in the hill making them super vulnerable. What they should do is keep one person in the hill, and the rest of the players stay in areas in front of the hill (and behind but not as much).

Agreed. The maps are very well designed and are perfect for Roaming King. All sorts of elevation and room size variations. The community has some talented forgers!

Hate to put a (personal) damper on this, but I would enjoy Roaming King if it wasn’t too sweaty. Must be my insane MMR though…

Any idea how long this will last? I missed the first go around and don’t want to miss it again. The update on FB just said limited time.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> Hate to put a (personal) damper on this, but I would enjoy Roaming King if it wasn’t too sweaty. Must be my insane MMR though…

Well the issue your talking about is something that plagues all the social playlists once your MMR reaches about mid platinum or diamond a lot of the games will be pretty sweaty. I have found this the case is basically every social playlist. I actually have more fun in ranked lol

I originally played this in Doom 2016, I do agree its fun and should be a thing for Halo: Infinite

> 2535425414012969;1:
> On the off chance that 343 sees this, i just want them to know that I think the roaming king playlist is so fun!
> please let it return in Infinite. I could definitely see it making its way to pro tournaments.

For my opinion is the best playlist competitive
For the new ipotetic HCS Tournament

It’s fun, but I wish the matchmaking were much better. The fist game I played, people on my team kept quitting, and I was the only one on my team with a positive K/D ratio, with 18 points, while the 2nd top player on my team had only 2 points.

> 2535430977904260;8:
> It’s fun, but I wish the matchmaking were much better. The fist game I played, people on my team kept quitting, and I was the only one on my team with a positive K/D ratio, with 18 points, while the 2nd top player on my team had only 2 points.

Yeah… winning the game has nothing to do with kill count. How much time did they spend in the hill vs you, that’s the only metric that matters.

Agreed!

It is so much fun and it kinda reminds me of Overwatch’s “Payload” gametype.
Roaming King is much more fun than Strongholds imo. And I think it has a potential to be a future competitive gameptype.
Some setting adjusments would be cool to test (Hill moves if a player is in it)

But yeah, nice job 343i and forgers!!

This is one great gametype, and the maps are incredible!

I just played on Wash Out and was blown away. Kudos to the creator(s)! It gave me a classic Halo map feel, sort of like something I could see in Halo: CE.

Some praise I’d like to give this gametype:

  • It feels like it combines objective and slayer into one gametype. Objective games are often focused on fixed points around the map, while Slayer is about moving through the map. This gametype combines the two so moving around the map is your objective, and it’s a lot of fun. - Showing assists on the score screen. Whenever a gamemode, even objective, shows a kill counter in game, that often becomes the focus instead of the objective itself. By not having this and showing assists it encourages the team to work together. This may be apart of Halo 5’s KOTH scoreboard, but it works well here. - Having the points in the hill increase for each player in the hill, even though they don’t stack and only one point can be earned at a time. Similarly to the point above. By doing this, it encourages each player to go to the hill, as opposed to seeing someone is there already earning points and not joining the fight in that area.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> Hate to put a (personal) damper on this, but I would enjoy Roaming King if it wasn’t too sweaty. Must be my insane MMR though…

“my insane mmr”

lol

> 2533274826056477;9:
> > 2535430977904260;8:
> > It’s fun, but I wish the matchmaking were much better. The fist game I played, people on my team kept quitting, and I was the only one on my team with a positive K/D ratio, with 18 points, while the 2nd top player on my team had only 2 points.
>
> Yeah… winning the game has nothing to do with kill count. How much time did they spend in the hill vs you, that’s the only metric that matters.

I disagree. Halo 5 is an FPS, it’s all about kills. If you have a high K/D, you’re carrying your team. There’s no skill in running blinding and standing in a circle for a couple seconds. The last few games I played, the people with the most points had terrible K/D, and you know they only had the chance to stand in the circle because other players were killing enemies before they can get to them. Same with something like CTF, it’s easy to go and grab the flag when your team is kicking -Yoink- killing other players. Does that mean you’re the best player because you happened to be the one to cap the flag—no.

> 2535430977904260;13:
> I disagree. Halo 5 is an FPS, it’s all about kills. If you have a high K/D, you’re carrying your team. There’s no skill in running blinding and standing in a circle for a couple seconds. The last few games I played, the people with the most points had terrible K/D, and you know they only had the chance to stand in the circle because other players were killing enemies before they can get to them. Same with something like CTF, it’s easy to go and grab the flag when your team is kicking -Yoink- killing other players. Does that mean you’re the best player because you happened to be the one to cap the flag—no.

It’s not one or the other. It’s a combination of kills and playing the objective. I’ve been in countless games where one team is just slaying and racking up kills yet they lost because no one on their team was playing the objective. Getting kills is important, but playing the objective is also equally important and someone’s K/D at the end of the game doesn’t tell the whole story.

> 2727626560040591;14:
> > 2535430977904260;13:
> > I disagree. Halo 5 is an FPS, it’s all about kills. If you have a high K/D, you’re carrying your team. There’s no skill in running blinding and standing in a circle for a couple seconds. The last few games I played, the people with the most points had terrible K/D, and you know they only had the chance to stand in the circle because other players were killing enemies before they can get to them. Same with something like CTF, it’s easy to go and grab the flag when your team is kicking -Yoink- killing other players. Does that mean you’re the best player because you happened to be the one to cap the flag—no.
>
> It’s not one or the other. It’s a combination of kills and playing the objective. I’ve been in countless games where one team is just slaying and racking up kills yet they lost because no one on their team was playing the objective. Getting kills is important, but playing the objective is also equally important and someone’s K/D at the end of the game doesn’t tell the whole story.

Exactly. I think this gametype is great because players that don’t have the best shots can still contribute significantly to the win.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> Hate to put a (personal) damper on this, but I would enjoy Roaming King if it wasn’t too sweaty. Must be my insane MMR though…

That’s the nature of social in Halo 5 now, though. I usually find myself going head to head with someone on the enemy team when our MMRs match up for the game while we fight for area control. I think that’s what is making the playlist fun for me.

I’d like to see this Game Mode pop up more often, too. :sunglasses::joystick:

> 2533274815711361;11:
> - Having the points in the hill increase for each player in the hill, even though they don’t stack and only one point can be earned at a time. Similarly to the point above. By doing this, it encourages each player to go to the hill, as opposed to seeing someone is there already earning points and not joining the fight in that area.

I thought you got the same amount of points if there is one person in the hill vs several. If it isn’t this way it should, because of what I said in my edited version. There will be a skill gap. Noobs will have all four people in the hill that will be super easy to nade. Pros will have one person in the hill, two people in front of it (blocking spawns) and one person behind it just in case someone comes from behind.

> 2535425414012969;18:
> > 2533274815711361;11:
> > - Having the points in the hill increase for each player in the hill, even though they don’t stack and only one point can be earned at a time. Similarly to the point above. By doing this, it encourages each player to go to the hill, as opposed to seeing someone is there already earning points and not joining the fight in that area.
>
> I thought you got the same amount of points if there is one person in the hill vs several. If it isn’t this way it should, because of what I said in my edited version. There will be a skill gap. Noobs will have all four people in the hill that will be super easy to nade. Pros will have one person in the hill, two people in front of it (blocking spawns) and one person behind it just in case someone comes from behind.

Your team gets the same amount of points, but everyone’s score goes up is what I was saying.

I think my only complaint would be on the map Wash Out, I can see that wasp been extremely overpowered with a good team. if this ever went to a competitive playlist that would have to be removed. otherwise i love it