RNG vs Player Choice Unlocks

Here’s the short version-

Would you, fellow Halo fans, rather have your own choice in armor unlocks (Halo 3 style achievement unlocks/ Reach’s credit system), or the craptacular RNG “Hope I get what I’m after” grind fest Halo 5 unlock system?

Discuss.

its fine the way it is.

Earning my armor is always preferable. I want to feel a sense of pride when I wear it, and let other players know exactly what I went through to get it.

Player Choice unlocks all the way. I’d rather have to earn my armor or atleast choose what I wanna unlock than roll a die and have to grind through the RNG- I mean REQ system, to get armor that I actually want

> 2533274830444029;3:
> Earning my armor is always preferable. I want to feel a sense of pride when I wear it, and let other players know exactly what I went through to get it.

This /\

Recon, and the players who had it, during Halo 3’s days were respected among the community for being a skillful soldier. Not because they got lucky. That, and because I’d have my favorite armor sets a lot quicker than this grind fest. cough Helljumpercough cough

> 2533274839073035;4:
> Player Choice unlocks all the way. I’d rather have to earn my armor or atleast choose what I wanna unlock than roll a die and have to grind through the RNG- I mean REQ system, to get armor that I actually want

The only time the REQ system is okay is for WZ items (Weapons, Vehicles, Power Ups)

Not much to discuss, answer is obvious.

Regardless of whether I “earn” it or not, having it be based on RNG is a bad idea.

Maybe some blend of Halo 3’s / Halo Reach’s system. Most Halo 3 armor was actually pretty easy to obtain (and I’m thankful for that), though some of it was harder.

> 2533274819302824;7:
> Not much to discuss, answer is obvious.
>
> Regardless of whether I “earn” it or not, having it be based on RNG is a bad idea.
>
> Maybe some blend of Halo 3’s / Halo Reach’s system. Most Halo 3 armor was actually pretty easy to obtain (and I’m thankful for that), though some of it was harder.

Halo 3 was proof you could have good armor/customization without a lot of diversity

I like a mix of both. I’m cool with the Req unlock system since it gives me more incentive to play one or two more games to get enough points to get another pack, but I would also like to see more methods for unlocking different armor. I know that certain commendation completions give specific emblems, like the weapon commendations give weapon specific emblems, but I wish this was true with armor as well.

Player choice over rng any day.

> 2813409410083192;9:
> I like a mix of both. I’m cool with the Req unlock system since it gives me more incentive to play one or two more games to get enough points to get another pack, but I would also like to see more methods for unlocking different armor. I know that certain commendation completions give specific emblems, like the weapon commendations give weapon specific emblems, but I wish this was true with armor as well.

“Just one more Gold Pack” I keep telling myself and then “Holy crap, it’s 4am”

They should have done mix of both. Have quite a few unlocks game play related and some req pack.

> 2533274818737568;1:
> Here’s the short version-
>
> Would you, fellow Halo fans, rather have your own choice in armor unlocks (Halo 3 style achievement unlocks/ Reach’s credit system), or the craptacular RNG “Hope I get what I’m after” grind fest Halo 5 unlock system?
>
> Discuss.

A combination between luck and commedation unlocks would be the best. Just like Destiny The Taken King.

Halo 5 system sucks and isnt interesting.

If the packs only contained skins (Weapon and armour), weapon permutations, emblems and assassinations along with the warzone drops I’d be a lot happier. There’s still incentive to get the packs for the cool permanent options but unlocking armour and base weapons as you level up or complete commendations/achievements. that way it retains the player base as they keep playing because they know when they’ll get the armour they want, and there REQ system would still get money from people wanting to unlock the different versions of the armours without the grind of levelling up.

Honestly, a little bit of both sounds nice.

Reach and 3 mix

Anything that’s not RNG. Reach was ideal.

I think because you can’t really see anyone sh*t anymore it doesn’t really matter

Halo3/reach system

> 2533274873173427;13:
> > 2533274818737568;1:
> > Here’s the short version-
> >
> > Would you, fellow Halo fans, rather have your own choice in armor unlocks (Halo 3 style achievement unlocks/ Reach’s credit system), or the craptacular RNG “Hope I get what I’m after” grind fest Halo 5 unlock system?
> >
> > Discuss.
>
>
> A combination between luck and commedation unlocks would be the best. Just like Destiny The Taken King.
>
> Halo 5 system sucks and isnt interesting.

Because we see how well Destiny did cough it sucked cough cough