Riptide shouldn't be in the slayer map pool.

In my opinion Riptide is an awful unbalanced map.
It is to easy to camp around the blue room with sniper green gun and storm rifles.
The entrances to it are few and very narrow so trying to reclaim it when the team who camp there knows what they do is extremely hard.
Trying to frag there is not useful because the room is so big and getting there undetected is nearly impossible and it takes all the fun out of the game.
No one likes every single map but this one is beyond like or dislike its unbalanced.
If you feel the same please write it down here and maybe next season it will be out!
Cheers!

If Riptide, Overgrown (Overgrowth?), Orion II, Pegasus II, and White Cell were removed from Slayer I would play Slayer quite a bit. It’s hard to play those awful maps when there are maps like Eden, Plaza, Coli, etc. that look great and play extremely well.

I never miss an opportunity to voice my disappointment in these maps. Maybe if we keep it up 343 will solicit some feedback from the community on the Slayer map rotation.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

I disagree. You’ll have that kind of issue anytime qnd on any map. So long as you’re playing against a team using map control and battle tactics. It’s not impossible to flush out blue room. But going in one at a time will almost never work. Even for the most experienced player

> 2535438745025309;3:
> I disagree. You’ll have that kind of issue anytime qnd on any map. So long as you’re playing against a team using map control and battle tactics. It’s not impossible to flush out blue room. But going in one at a time will almost never work. Even for the most experienced player

No you are wrong, what I described can’t happen in any other map in halo 5 (I agree that overgrowth is an awful map as well but it’s not unbalanced).
Please base your disagreement on something solid or just don’t comment at all.
And I didn’t say it’s impossible to beat a blue room camping I said that if a team does it they will most likely win the game.

> 2533274867561798;4:
> > 2535438745025309;3:
> > I disagree. You’ll have that kind of issue anytime qnd on any map. So long as you’re playing against a team using map control and battle tactics. It’s not impossible to flush out blue room. But going in one at a time will almost never work. Even for the most experienced player
>
> No you are wrong, what I described can’t happen in any other map in halo 5 (I agree that overgrowth is an awful map as well but it’s not unbalanced).
> Please base your disagreement on something solid or just don’t comment at all.
> And I didn’t say it’s impossible to beat a blue room camping I said that if a team does it they will most likely win the game.

I think Solidis is right about there being setups full teams can hold on almost any map. But I think the issue on Riptide is far worse than others. What makes Riptide’s blue room so bad is that you can only attack it from a couple angles which are narrow lanes leaving you vulnerable. Also, the DMR and Beam Rifle spawn close by so you can ping people across the map constantly. And the storm rifle spawns in there or no?

Power positions on other Slayer maps (top mid Fathom, P2 Truth, S4 on Plaza) don’t lock down as much of the map as blue room on Riptide and the other positions are easier to attack.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

These maps are not made for you to enjoy 343 doesnt play the game halo 5 if you want good enjoyable well balanced maps go to forge or look for customs 343 cant do it

I sorts disagree…

when invis. Is bottom mid riptide plays pretty well. When it’s not, I still think it plays better then Overgrowth, Orion II and White Cell. The problem is no one communicates in ranked play in Halo anymore for reasons I can’t comprehend. It’s ranked people, put on your headset! If your communicating then it’s definitely possible to Strom blue room. If no one is, and the other team is (even if they’re not) it is pretty tough admit. I’d be nice if there were a teleporter that went right into the room… Oh wait, no maps use teleporters (minus forge) in this game… So sad, I miss teleporters.

Riptide is probably the worst map of any Halo, including Chiron in H1.

See, Chiron is complete nonesense but at least it serves a purpose as being unique & good for “whacky” gametypes like dual wielding spawn kill fest (my favourite in H1, hehe)…

But Riptide? It’s just bad at everything.

It might be good for something like CoD where there’s short battles and nobody cares about balance, but in Halo, it’s just an unbalanced camp-fest.

No flow, lack of verticality (yet simultaneously difficult to traverse vertically LOL), long hallways, narrow hallways, no sight lines, inconsistent grenade bouncing, power weapons spawn in the power positions…

Literally every feature of this map is the antithesis of good map design in Halo.

I happen to like riptide very much. I think its absolutely the bestest.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535451678852894;9:
> I happen to like riptide very much. I think its absolutely the bestest.

Said the gold league player…

> 2533274867561798;10:
> > 2535451678852894;9:
> > I happen to like riptide very much. I think its absolutely the bestest.
>
> Said the gold league player…

Said the onyx who has trouble dealing with a few campers…

Personally I don’t mind riptide and can’t give much of an opinion on it because the only time I ever really play it is on Super fiesta and its just a Chaos/Casual game mode in the first place. Pegasus IMO is the worst map in the rotation and has been for awhile.