Riptide is one of the worst maps in Halo 5

I love how it looks but hate how it plays.
I never know where i am going, the enemy always spawns behind me, the Fuel Rod is too op in this map (because it has very narrow rooms), while the Beam Rifle and the Hydra are useless.
There are these kinda “upside down overhangs” in every platform that make you fail almost every jump.
I played it 6 times and lost every single match.
I also asked my friends their opinion about Riptide and they all said it’s a really bad map, what do you think?

I find the map fun, easy to get around people and easy to counter plays. The fuel rod is a power house but there is enough short cuts and walls to dodge its slow moving shots.

> 2533274941727894;1:
> I love how it looks but hate how it plays.
> I never know where i am going, the enemy always spawns behind me, the Fuel Rod is too op in this map (because it has very narrow rooms), while the Beam Rifle and the Hydra are useless.
> There are these kinda “upside down overhangs” in every platform that make you fail almost every jump.
> I played it 6 times and lost every single match.
> I also asked my friends their opinion about Riptide and they all said it’s a really bad map, what do you think?

I know what you mean about the jumps, just need to jump a little earlier and all is good.

All the other maps were fairly easy for me to navigate on my first try but this one is epsecially hard to find my way around sometimes. Other than that its OK… i guess.

> 2533274941727894;1:
> I love how it looks but hate how it plays.
> I never know where i am going, the enemy always spawns behind me, the Fuel Rod is too op in this map (because it has very narrow rooms), while the Beam Rifle and the Hydra are useless.
> There are these kinda “upside down overhangs” in every platform that make you fail almost every jump.
> I played it 6 times and lost every single match.
> I also asked my friends their opinion about Riptide and they all said it’s a really bad map, what do you think?

sounds like you just need to take time to learn the map. At first its hard to tell where you are at. But after a few games, you should learn where to engage enemies. Its a little more difficult because you can’t just look across the whole map like you can other maps. I really enjoy the map because of the weapon spawns.

I like this map for every game type except for SWAT. I’m not a huge SWAT guy anyway but the open side of the map is just a death trap for anyone. plus FRC is OPAF

Honestly this map gets more and more fun to play each time. I keep finding new jumps and strats… or people use them on me to pwn my face and then I learn and use it on others. I like the diversity of CQC and open precision shooting on each side of the map. I am still not good at this map but improving every time. Strongholds is especially fun.

Like every new map, you have to learn the routes. It’s actually a pretty simple layout once you’ve played it a few times.

Really? I rather enjoy it.

I love Riptide. I like it a lot better than Fathom.