Riptide is a TERRIBLE map for Team Arena, Slayer.

The new map in the update, Riptide is absolutely terrible and unbalanced! I have played it and the spawns you start off with and how to maneuver the map is terrible as well. I could see this being a decent FFA map but this is a terrible map for Team Arena and Slayer. 343i, take this out of those playlists. How you get around the map with constant cat walks etc… is just a terrible map for Team Arena and playing for any balance. This map, as I am sure after seeing many complaints from pro’s is just a bad map. It could be a good FFA map because of the close constant battle but this map being in Team Arena and Slayer is a joke, it is such a distorted map that it makes me want to quit the game when I get it and take the Ban. I have been playing Halo for years, I play good on the map when I get it. No matter what the map from a competitive gametype standpoint, is that it is a horrible map. It looks good as in detail, but there is no balanced play no matter how you think of it and it is constant winding around corners. Let’s get this garbage out of Team Arena, Slayer.

It’s fine for me.

> 2533274944621319;2:
> It’s fine for me.

I am good on the map, it is just a terrible map for that playlist.

I don’t care what pros say, I’m enjoying playing on it

New map, people complain, my god dude. Give some constructive criticism instead of ‘this map is bad for arena’’ 3x.

Edit* double post*

Agreed, this map is awful… But this thread is going to wind up getting locked anyway because all the Halo 2 diehards like this unbalanced and poorly designed map because it’s easy to play really cheap on it. They see that as balanced… They start off each team right in front of power weapons that you don’t even have to fight for for crying out loud. lol

> 2533274819002902;6:
> Agreed, this map is awful… But this thread is going to wind up getting locked anyway because all the Halo 2 diehards like this unbalanced and poorly designed map because it’s easy to play really cheap on it. They see that as balanced lol

Not everyone who likes it are Halo 2 diehards :wink:

I dare you to design a map = or greater than this one too.

…“lol”

> 2533274944621319;8:
> > 2533274819002902;6:
> > Agreed, this map is awful… But this thread is going to wind up getting locked anyway because all the Halo 2 diehards like this unbalanced and poorly designed map because it’s easy to play really cheap on it. They see that as balanced lol
>
>
> Not everyone who likes it are Halo 2 diehards :wink:
>
> I dare you to design a map = or greater than this one too.
>
> …“lol”

I can build a better map with Lego bricks and forge it.

My biggest problem with Riptide is that they put the Halo 2 BR where you can’t get it without being harassed by the enemy team.

I kinda love it. Maybe I’m biased cuz the Halo 2 BR’s just sitting there…waiting for me

> I can build a better map with Lego bricks and forge it.

Well, I’ll be waiting to see what you come up with.

“Weapon spawns are so close to player spawns.” I don’t think that’s inherently a bad thing. Take The Pit, a map people praise to no end. The Sniper Rifles are just a short walk away. I will agree that giving one side the Beam Rifle and the other side the Fuel Rod is a bit ridiculous though, considering how powerful the latter is.

“The map is just hallways.” This argument is just complete nonsense. There are a few hallways, perhaps too many, but the map is composed of like four or five large rooms.

I like the map a lot, actually. I’d probably do really well on it if I would actually focus on the game instead of just getting my hands on the H2 BR.

I’ve enjoyed my time on the map. Don’t see why it should be removed from arena.

Agreed.

Before I was just annoyed at another freaking remake from our lazy developers.

Then I actually played it, it’s just so random I can’t even describe it. It’s like someone took Fathom, cut out a base and paid a 5 year old to throw blocks and catwalks wherever they wanted.

FFA it would be fine even though it’s pretty lopsided.

i love it in swat :slight_smile:

I don’t mind it for Slayer personally. Haven’t played Strongholds on it yet though.

I really like the map. I think it plays well…thanks 343 :slight_smile:

> 2533274906469387;1:
> The new map in the update, Riptide is absolutely terrible and unbalanced! I have played it and the spawns you start off with and how to maneuver the map is terrible as well. I could see this being a decent FFA map but this is a terrible map for Team Arena and Slayer. 343i, take this out of those playlists. How you get around the map with constant cat walks etc… is just a terrible map for Team Arena and playing for any balance. This map, as I am sure after seeing many complaints from pro’s is just a bad map. It could be a good FFA map because of the close constant battle but this map being in Team Arena and Slayer is a joke, it is such a distorted map that it makes me want to quit the game when I get it and take the Ban. I have been playing Halo for years, I play good on the map when I get it. No matter what the map from a competitive gametype standpoint, is that it is a horrible map. It looks good as in detail, but there is no balanced play no matter how you think of it and it is constant winding around corners. Let’s get this garbage out of Team Arena,

This map would be a good map for 1 flag imo

> 2533274819002902;7:
> Agreed, this map is awful… But this thread is going to wind up getting locked anyway because all the Halo 2 diehards like this unbalanced and poorly designed map because it’s easy to play really cheap on it. They see that as balanced… They start off each team right in front of power weapons that you don’t even have to fight for for crying out loud. lol

What does H2 have to do with anything at all? Frankly, I strongly suspect that most of the people complaining in extremely non-specific terms about this map started with 2 at the earliest. Halo CE had a large selection of extremely good maps that were small, asymmetrical, and rife with hallways and height variation. And on top of that, there were more power-up and power weapons that spawned more frequently and you definitely spawned next to one of them. Chillout had OS, Camo, Sniper, and Rockets spread out on the map (I’m not suggesting this map is necessarily on par with Chillout).

“Easy to play really cheap on it.” Yeah, that sounds like it’s hard to play on and you would prefer something with, for example, one blatantly obvious power position that’s better than every other part of the map (i.e. Lockout, Guardian) and power-ups/power-weapons dead center, so everyone knows to charge straight forward at game start. Like Fathom. Fathom is a map you can pretty much get figured out in one game. This obviously isn’t. That isn’t inherently bad.