RIP Progress from 360 Reach

Bought Halo: MCC last night and WAS super hyped to get home from work to continue where I left off as the rank Legend on Reach to come and find out… well it’s non-existent and doesn’t carry over.
You realize why people bought Reach? Not only for the nostalgia but to continue from where they last left off. I’ve read topics upon topics and can only think to myself, who thought this idea to revamp Reach was a good one?

I am sad to say my hype was shot down and from what I’ve read so has many others.
inb4itsagoodidea this topic is not for you with your generic comments. This is a topic for players who mourn the loss of the progress and time they committed to Reach.
Unsure if I should get a refund or just suck it up… Idk anymore.

> 2533274881377238;1:
> Bought Halo: MCC last night and WAS super hyped to get home from work to continue where I left off as the rank Legend on Reach to come and find out… well it’s non-existent and doesn’t carry over.
> You realize why people bought Reach? Not only for the nostalgia but to continue from where they last left off. I’ve read topics upon topics and can only think to myself, who thought this idea to revamp Reach was a good one?
>
> I am sad to say my hype was shot down and from what I’ve read so has many others.
> inb4itsagoodidea this topic is not for you with your generic comments. This is a topic for players who mourn the loss of the progress and time they committed to Reach.
> Unsure if I should get a refund or just suck it up… Idk anymore.

It was the community who wanted Halo: Reach to be brought to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and 343i kindly ported it. The legacy version still has a decent playerbase.

Stats not transferring from the legacy title was announced back in March when the game was originally announced. It follows the other games within MCC which also never had legacy stats transfer over. I don’t have an official answer as to why that never happened, but I have to imagine that trying to migrate 8+ (15+ in the case of other games) years of stats, taking into account gamertag changes and getting everything synced up with MCC would be far too big a task to undertake. Having worked on migration tools in the past, this stuff isn’t fun to get working

this forum is kinda cringe

Halo: The Master Chief Collection was released in 2014, and player progress has never been transferred from the original versions of the games. The port of Halo: Reach was announced months ago with 343 Industries warning us of progress not carrying over long before it was available for purchase. It isn’t their fault that you made an uninformed purchasing decision.

I have a question , how i can customize my emblem in Halo reach Campain in mcc colecction? for default is a happy smile in cyan, someone knows how change it?

> 2533274881072102;6:
> I have a question , how i can customize my emblem in Halo reach Campain in mcc colecction? for default is a happy smile in cyan, someone knows how change it?

Your in-game emblem in both Halo: Reach and Halo 3 is always a default emblem in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The only customizable emblem is the one that appears in the lobby, on the scoreboard, etc…

> 2533274858862740;4:
> this forum is kinda cringe

Yeah the whole “wheres my stats?” is getting annoying.

Genuinely can’t express how frustrating it is to see people who ignored how MCC worked before Reach and then ignored all of the blogposts and information from everyone informing people that progression wasn’t transferring that progression - surprise, surprise - didn’t transfer!

Unlocks and stats didn’t transfer for the 4 other legacy titles, why would it suddenly happen with Reach?

So many threads on this topic, just blows my mind a bit.