RIP Plasma Rifle

It has been confirmed just after E3 that the plasma rifle is dead, replaced by the Storm rifle. I am sad, I liked the plasma rifle. It has been such an Iconic weapon in the franchise, to replace it just seems wrong. The Storm Rifle though, I must say that I don’t know what to expect from it. Its sound profile sounds underwelming to me. It sounds like a air gun, not a high powered plasma weapon. This might be a out of date sound file and hasnt been updated yet, but I dont know what to expect. I hope that the other covie weapons sound better than the storm rifle.

Plasma rifle; 2001-2011, RIP, it will be missed.

I prefer the storm rifle.

Besides, the only time you ever used the plasma rifle was against the flood in campaign.

It was confirmed ages ago.

I will say it was an iconic gun, but how many times did you actually rely on it in matchmaking? Personally, I never really touched it. im not going to mourn the loss of it, games change, some guns return some don’t.

Although I love the Plasma Rifle, I can’t say I’m that sad to see it go. We had a good run with it, but now it’s time for the Storm Rifle to take its place. This new weapon looks great as well, and I look forward to playing with it!

The plasma rifle has been dead since halo 2 went offline your a little to late on this one at least they are done raping its memory

I like the new weapon much more, but I have to say that iconic weapons should stay in a way or another, like how they did in reach, the plasma rifle was still there but it was pretty useless and rarely seen in MM.

Plasma Rifle and Repeater were garbage anyways, I’m welcoming the Storm Rifle with love.

The plasma rifle wouldn’t fit in with the new combat well. It doesn’t do enough damage for the range it is restricted to, due to leading the plasma

D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

:frowning:

Oh well maybe the new weapon will be fine.

Considering that the storm rifle actually looks like it’s going to be useful, and worth while to pick up, I don’t think I’m going to miss it as much as some people.

The Plasma Rifle was always a campaign-focused weapon with it’s ability to take down shields quickly. This was useful in Halo 1 as it had a slight edge over the AR, but the weapon became less effective as the series went on. They tried to revive it with the Plasma Repeater which didn’t really catch on.

If they wanted to keep that Halo 1 feel w/ Halo 4 then I would’ve brought back every weapon/vehicle that was in Halo 1, but unfortunately the PR has been scrapped. All they needed to do was buff the damage of the PR and more people would’ve used it. Auto weapons in general have been really weak in recent games and that is the main reason for the PR’s death.

Sad that the plasma rifle is gone it did it job touch those who love it. But that how it is the storm rifle well do it job making it place for replace the plasma rifle it had it chance it did it time now the storm rifle well make it place .we well still have mermory of the good old time we all had with plasma rifle it well never be forgotten Just replace rip plasma rifle rip the storm rilfe well do what you did And help out with the gameplay farewell from me and storm rifle

I loved the plasma rifle, mostly it’s design. It doesn’t look like a rifle at all. But it wasn’t really a useful weapon in matchmaking, the storm rifle seems to fire much faster.

> I will say it was an iconic gun, but how many times did you actually rely on it in matchmaking? Personally, I never really touched it. im not going to mourn the loss of it, games change, some guns return some don’t.

Are you kidding me? SMG+Plasma Rifle was the best dual-wield combo in H2 and H3. Granted, it’s usefulness was diminished as soon as they decided to get rid of dual-wielding. Which, btw, was kinda stupid. I mean, try and name 5 games that have a full dual wielding system where players can mix and match one-handed weapons they find. It was really the one thing that made Halo very unique.

No worries guys, I’m here to save the day!

It was just as iconic as the Assault Rifle, if not more. :frowning: