RIP Halo

As a Halo player since CE, I can officially say my journey is over. Rip Halo 2001-2014.
Why does it seem that Halo 5 devs have done nothing except play COD? Spartan abilities need to go now, get rid of ADS oh my bad, “smart scope” now, and get rid of the voice in the beginning of the rounds now. Just get rid of everything Call Of Duty-esque, including the way the weapons move ridiculously from left to right while sprinting. And oh yeah, give Destiny back the red team blue team scenes before the match like wtf. Thank God I never bought that trash-i mean Xbox waun, considering it would’ve been a huge waste just to play Call of Halo 5: Warfare.

I completely agree man. Its obvious 343 is completely aiming this franchise to a whole other audience than the original.
I am very upset with what was shown.

Should have expected it after 4.

> 2533274840236195;3:
> Should have expected it after 4.

But the build and mechanics of what they showed makes halo 4 look great. I mean just look at those kill times in Halo 5, it takes like not even a second to tear through someone.

I mean what in the world were they thinking? “Everyone hates AAs” “Maybe its because you have to choose them?” “Ok lets just give all of them to everyone at once”
“People now days like fast paced shooters like cod, so I think we should make it where you can kill someone in like half a second” “We should just recycle most the weapons and armor and some UI elements from 4 since they are already made so we don’t have to be creative again.” “Great idea man!”

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

They knew what we wanted when they announced MCC. Halo fans like the Halo way of gameplay. Not Call of Duty.
Goodbye guys I’ll be banned for a week for using my freedom of speech. Waypoint mods are worse than 4chans now!

a new era guys :wink:

> 2533274818103192;7:
> a new era guys :wink:

this era started with reach and both reach and 4 died after 3 months.

> 2533274853386208;2:
> I completely agree man. Its obvious 343 is completely aiming this franchise to a whole other audience than the original.
> I am very upset with what was shown.

Well I am one of the original audiences (since Halo CE), and I like these changes. If you can’t keep up with the change then play Halo MCC. You have over a hundred maps to relive the “glory days” in.

> 2533274831172342;6:
>

I just saw the game play it dosent look like halo.It reminds me of crysis mixed with titanfall.But I will wait to the beta and try to keep a open mind to this game even if its really hard to. I still can’t wait to see Certain Affinity’s new game next year I have faith in Max.

> 2533274840236195;8:
> > 2533274818103192;7:
> > a new era guys :wink:
>
>
> this era started with reach and both reach and 4 died after 3 months.

Says who? People still play both games.

To be honest none of the Halo games have “died”. Just because it no longer caters to your self-entitled expections does not mean that the games are dead in any way.

> 2533274812329837;9:
> > 2533274853386208;2:
> > I completely agree man. Its obvious 343 is completely aiming this franchise to a whole other audience than the original.
> > I am very upset with what was shown.
>
>
> Well I am one of the original audiences (since Halo CE), and I like these changes. If you can’t keep up with the change then play Halo MCC. You have over a hundred maps to relive the “glory days” in.

You think that I’m buying an xbox one for one game lol

> 2533274812329837;11:
> > 2533274840236195;8:
> > > 2533274818103192;7:
> > > a new era guys :wink:
> >
> >
> >
> > this era started with reach and both reach and 4 died after 3 months.
>
>
> Says who? People still play both games.
>
> To be honest none of the Halo games have “died”. Just because it no longer caters to your self-entitled expections does not mean that the games are dead in any way.

the populations dropped to below 100k after a few months, Halo 1-2-3 still have thousands playing them. Halo reach and 4? barely any

> 2533274853386208;4:
> > 2533274840236195;3:
> > Should have expected it after 4.
>
>
> But the build and mechanics of what they showed makes halo 4 look great. I mean just look at those kill times in Halo 5, it takes like not even a second to tear through someone.

No. Not even.

I kept up with Halo 4 news before it released and it just looked terrible. Halo 5 from what we know doesn’t have killstreaks, perks, grenade indicators, and AAs so I’m more optimistic. As long as we get custom options to take out the “Spartan Abilities” and Sprint and also one competitive playlist it should be enough. That’s all we can hope for now. As terrible as Reach was, ZBNS in the MLG playlist was more competitive than Halo 3.

How many “Halo is dead” and “R.I.P Halo” threads do we need?

Where exactly is the CoDification?

I see an expanded movement set. Expanded movement seems to be the big new feature for shooters in this generation. Titanfall, Destiny, Advanced Warfare. Hell, even Sunset Overdrive has a big emphasis on movement.

Smart Scope? Firstly, ADS is not unique to CoD. It’s a staple design choice of modern shooters. Second, it’s not really CoD-style ADS. You move, aim and shoot the same way you did in previous Halos it seems, only difference is the cosmetic look. And there’ll be controls to stick it on Right stick. Also descope.

What we DO have is equal starts and arena gameplay.

So basically, its next gen Halo. Which is kinda what it should be.

I will agree with the OP to an extent. I’ve put up with a lot of crap since Halo Reach. I won’t lie though, even though H4 had ridiculous armor abilities, Killing Streaks/Ordnance drops. I still enjoyed it. But I can just see this game becoming Call Of Halo 5: Destiny. Hell I’ll even put up with most of the crap they throw in Halo 5. But ADS? No. This may be a sign of calling quits. Don’t say ADS is a reskinned version of traditional scope. Because it isn’t. I didn’t think I was going to have my button and control layout ruin my gaming experience holding the left trigger to zoom in and fire. But no, I was wrong. It looks like it will. (“It’s always been there”) To be personally frank, the way I see it is It’s basically Frankie politely saying we’ve changed it to ADS without completely upsetting the community.

Hell bring back freaking armor lock if you must, just don’t give us ADS.

> 2533274812329837;11:
> > 2533274840236195;8:
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> To be honest none of the Halo games have “died”. Just because it no longer caters to your self-entitled expections does not mean that the games are dead in any way.

dead means that the population dropped severely. Halo 4 dropped the fastest

> 2533274837143948;17:
> I will agree with the OP to an extent. I’ve put up with a lot of crap since Halo Reach. I won’t lie though, even though H4 had ridiculous armor abilities, Killing Streaks/Ordnance drops. I still enjoyed it. But I can just see this game becoming Call Of Halo 5: Destiny. Hell I’ll even put up with most of the crap they throw in Halo 5. But ADS? No. This may be a sign of calling quits. Don’t say ADS is a reskinned version of traditional scope. Because it isn’t. I didn’t think I was going to have my button and control layout ruin my gaming experience holding the left trigger to zoom in and fire. But no, I was wrong. It looks like it will. (“It’s always been there”) To be personally frank, the way I see it is It’s basically Frankie politely saying we’ve changed it to ADS without completely upsetting the community.
>
> Hell bring back freaking armor lock if you must, just don’t give us ADS.

NO. NO GOD PLEASE NO.

I’D TAKE SMART SCOPE OVER ARMOR LOCK ANY FREAKING DAY.

This isn’t true ADS where you have to ADS to be more accurate. Hip fire shots aren’t penalized, so nothing has changed. Ok so it looks different than the traditional scope but that doesn’t matter. And I’m sure they’ll have different control schemes that will remap it so you can click to scope like previous Halos. They wouldn’t let something iconic like bumper jumper and the other control schemes die because of this.

Just DON’T BRING BACK ARMOR LOCK. EVER. AGAIN. LET IT BURN IN HELL. LET THE DEV WHO CREATED ARMOR LOCK BURN IN HELL. LET REACH BURN IN HELL (except for the MLG playlist <3)

> 2533274812329837;11:
> > 2533274840236195;8:
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>

Keep telling yourself that. A dead game doesn’t mean no one plays it. A dead game is a dead game when less than 5% of the install base plays it. But that’s okay… Halo will continue to spiral downwards into catering to the unintelligent masses and lack creative gameplay. You enjoy your stale and shallow games! x3

At the very least it has made me realize that I should be reading more books now that videogames as a whole are moving away from being mentally stimulating and instead want to push drug like addiction and twitch-based-basic thought-euphoria. Hah!

Can’t believe how far this series has come. From subtle hints of pandering to a broader audience to out right no longer ignoring or pretending it isn’t trying to Call of Duty Modernize gaming. Ledge grabbing… Lol they adding ledge grabbing in Halo. Baha!!