RIP Halo 3(kinda)

Sometimes I kinda wish reach never came out =(
-only like 2000 people are online
-custom game lobbys are empty
-No one wants to do campaign on legendary anymore
-So much AFK people
-So much betrayers

Pretty much it lol

I loved Halo 3, and it will go down as one of my favorite games of all time. However, Reach is almost better in every way (in my opinion) and is the mainstream for the Halo community.

UnbakedPlatypus

Reach is only better because all the modders in Halo 3. If 3 had no modding, it would still be better than Reach.

-Yoink!- bro had my account hacked from modders and and hackers…:confused:

> Sometimes I kinda wish reach never came out =(
> -<mark>only like 2000 people are online</mark>
> -custom game lobbys are empty
> -No one wants to do campaign on legendary anymore
> -So much AFK people
> -So much betrayers
>
> Pretty much it lol

Not really. Sometimes the numbers change. Usually there’s about 5000-10000 Players average. Then again, some people hate Halo: Reach and some like Halo: Reach.

It kind of makes sense if you think about it. When Halo 3 came out, a number of people still played Halo 2 because they thought Halo 3 was a disgrace. Now we have the same effect going on with Halo: Reach and Halo 3.

Not just that but Call of Duty, Battlefield and Gears have been doing catastrophes against Reach’s campaign and Halo: Reach was a spin-off so that’s more likley to affect things. Here’s what I truly think.

Leave Halo: Reach as it is for now. Perhaps tweak some options from now and then but leave it at that. Halo 4 is on the horizon and people still have the option to play Halo 3 and ODST since it is tied to Reach’s servers. Halo 4 will no-doubt be a blockbuster success because it is a sequel to Halo 3. I have no doubt in my mind that people will die for gasms from the game.

But we have yet to see what the game will behold. Let us remain patient for the timebeing.

Ive actually been playing Halo 3 and ODST quite a bit lately with my friend, I still have some achievements to get on both games. As for MM, a few weeks ago i was playing Halo 3 and there were quite a few people on there, so i think the game is far from dead. It’s a good change-up when i get worn out on reach, plus there are still people out there trying to get achievements for Halo 3, so i believe it will keep on going as long as we keep it going :slight_smile:

The De-rankers and Boosters sucked what little life that game had out of it. It’s dead.

> > Sometimes I kinda wish reach never came out =(
> > -<mark>only like 2000 people are online</mark>
> > -custom game lobbys are empty
> > -No one wants to do campaign on legendary anymore
> > -So much AFK people
> > -So much betrayers
> >
> > Pretty much it lol
>
> Not really. Sometimes the numbers change. Usually there’s about 5000-10000 Players average. Then again, some people hate Halo: Reach and some like Halo: Reach.

I normally see 20000 to 30000 players

I played it for the first time in a long time last night, and I’m pretty sure there were more than 20,000 people online. However, it is a lot hareder to find ranked matches now since a lot of people have left.

It was a bit difficult to get used to the controls again, but it is SO much better than Reach. I’m ok with a fixed spread, just not bloom. There weren’t any mini-nuke grenades either, no jetpackers, it was great! And the maps are a lot better.

That being said, I did get betrayed more often, saw a guy just sitting in our base doing nothing. My friend punched him and the guy punched him back and then continued standing there.

But I would rather play Halo 3 than Reach.

Not exactly. I wasn’t de-ranked from Halo 3 but from Reach… well… I dont know why. I’m not here for for some sap story though. I was deranked from Field Marshall to recruit and now I’m a hero. I don’t think that people that are deranked are all bad though. I well enough could have stopped playing Halo, but no. I kept playing and I kept true to Halo. As most people that play Halo do. And no, I disagree that Halo 3 is dieing. I mean, to be honest, the Campaign is a classic… it’s perfect.And there are still an average of about 5000-10000 people on the servers a day. I don’t think Halo 3 is going anywhere.

> > > Sometimes I kinda wish reach never came out =(
> > > -<mark>only like 2000 people are online</mark>
> > > -custom game lobbys are empty
> > > -No one wants to do campaign on legendary anymore
> > > -So much AFK people
> > > -So much betrayers
> > >
> > > Pretty much it lol
> >
> > Not really. Sometimes the numbers change. Usually there’s about 5000-10000 Players average. Then again, some people hate Halo: Reach and some like Halo: Reach.
>
> I normally see 20000 to 30000 players

what? do you mean 4000 - 7000

Proud to say I’ve never met a hacker/modder on any halo game on the 360 console.