RIP Game Chat

I find myself alone in Game Chat all the time with over half of the people in party chat and the rest do not have mics. I would love to see it live again because I miss talking to other people and making new friends.

yea, but i guess it cant be helped… maybe halo 4 will bring in a new era though

Make some playlists disallow party chat!

Why do people find it fun to talk to random strangers that they’ll never meet in person? I just don’t get it.

> I find myself alone in Game Chat all the time with over half of the people in party chat and the rest do not have mics. I would love to see it live again because I miss talking to other people and making new friends.

You mean you miss Halo 2? When party chat could only be accesed while in the xbox dashboard. If thats the case me 2 man me 2. I get so annoyed when im the only one with a mic and literally everyone else is in a party. I just feel like msging them you do realize this isnt CoD right? Teamwork will always win lone wolfing, so get out of the party chat and give some dang call outs!

<4 <343

i have felt the same way ever sense it came out!

> Make some playlists disallow party chat!

That was one of many of my problems with MW2. I’d rather that problem stay with Call of Duty.

> > Make some playlists disallow party chat!
>
> That was one of many of my problems with MW2. I’d rather that problem stay with Call of Duty.

How is that a problem? I love playing Search and Destroy with my friends on MW2, and anyone who sounds annoying in game chat we mute easily. I don’t see why we can’t have the same setup for at least some of the playlists in Halo 4.

Honestly, my favorite thing about Halo 2 was how many friends I made because that was prior to the party system. Now, you find basically nobody talking in games of Reach…

> Why do people find it fun to talk to random strangers that they’ll never meet in person? I just don’t get it.

So you’re saying all the XBL friends you play with you have met in person? If that’s the case then I would say you are an exception.

> You mean you miss Halo 2? When party chat could only be accesed while in the xbox dashboard. If thats the case me 2 man me 2. I get so annoyed when im the only one with a mic and literally everyone else is in a party. I just feel like msging them you do realize this isnt CoD right? Teamwork will always win lone wolfing, so get out of the party chat and give some dang call outs!
>
> <4 <343

When I first started playing MM earlier this year I never used my mic. It was for reasons like: didn’t know callouts, played only Rumble Pit, didn’t feel the need to respond to obnoxious players, a little shy in general. I’m not much of a talker anyway, but I am starting to change in some of the ways I play. First of all I rarely play Rumble Pit anymore, second I feel like I am finally learning some of the callouts. I can see why it would be a much better gaming experience if more players used in game chat rather than party chat. I can’t give an opinion why things may have changed, but I for one am all for trying to influence a change back.

<4

> > Why do people find it fun to talk to random strangers that they’ll never meet in person? I just don’t get it.
>
> So you’re saying all the XBL friends you play with you have met in person? If that’s the case then I would say you are an exception.

Every single one.

> > > Make some playlists disallow party chat!
> >
> > That was one of many of my problems with MW2. I’d rather that problem stay with Call of Duty.
>
> How is that a problem? I love playing Search and Destroy with my friends on MW2, and anyone who sounds annoying in game chat we mute easily. I don’t see why we can’t have the same setup for at least some of the playlists in Halo 4.
>
> Honestly, my favorite thing about Halo 2 was how many friends I made because that was prior to the party system. Now, you find basically nobody talking in games of Reach…

For me, finding a half decent person on Xbox Live is extremely rare. I’ve met about 3 people in total since I first started playing Reach, which is bad since I actually got the game on day of release. It was the same with MW2, nobody actually used ‘team talk’ or even tried to have a decent conversation with me. Yes, I muted them but that just leaves you with the exact same thing: A quiet lobby.

Not to mention that aside from the 3 people that I mentioned before, I only talk to my friends which I know in real life, and most of them play different games. If all of my party is in a team game and we get one guy who isn’t in a party and has a mic, we usually leave the party to talk to him or her anyway.

> > > Why do people find it fun to talk to random strangers that they’ll never meet in person? I just don’t get it.
> >
> > So you’re saying all the XBL friends you play with you have met in person? If that’s the case then I would say you are an exception.
>
> Every single one.

Wow, well good for you, I however, cannot say the same. Especially since I have friends from Canada, Mexico, India, and I hope to expand on that. Yeah I just haven’t gotten around to visiting those places yet.

<4

I don’t use my mic because 95% of the time there are some… unpleasant people online. My online friends are people who are on there from when I started using XBL years ago. =\

> I don’t use my mic because 95% of the time there are some… unpleasant people online. My online friends are people who are on there from when I started using XBL years ago. =\

Actually your wrong. Its more like 95% no one uses a mic or sits in party chat. Your reason is the same reason everyone thats in a party chat uses its really ignorant. Also id like to add that if you are in a full team then im fine with you being on party chat. The thing that bothers me is when i see an uneven number of players all in a party chat and im the only one in my team in game chat. or 3 other people in 3 different parties. Come on now get out of party chat.

<4 <343

i know search preferences don’t work too well, but it would have been nice to have an option to find people with mics that aren’t in party chat.

> i know search preferences don’t work too well, but it would have been nice to have an option to find people with mics that aren’t in party chat.

You they really dont, Because i have mines set and nothing happens. .

<4 <343

Alot of folks prefer to not engage with the immaturity this game brings.

> Alot of folks prefer to not engage with the immaturity this game brings.

Its funny when people say that. Immaturity is everywhere.

<4 <343

And thats why 95% of people stay in party or don’t use a mic. I know how people act. I know how i act. I -Yoink- at people who play badly, and don’t like being -Yoinked!- at when i do the same. Sooooo yeah, from my own experiances, i can imagine why some dont do the mic thing.

> And thats why 95% of people stay in party or don’t use a mic. I know how people act. I know how i act. I Yoink! at people who play badly, and don’t like being Yoink! at when i do the same. Sooooo yeah, from my own experiances, i can imagine why some dont do the mic thing.

Nah 95% of people use that as an excuse to not be in game chat. Meaning theres only 5% of people in Halo Reach being annoying and immature. Also meaning that who ever is part of the 95% in game chat will easily contribute to the number of people being immature if they left their partys.

<4 <343