Ridiculous Join in Progress for Warzone

I don’t normally post topics to complain but I’ve had an issue that has really bugged me recently about playing Halo. I understand the join in progress is a useful tool in game development because it provides balance to a team if team members are for some reason to disconnect or leave.However in Warzone, when I play it feels more like a problem than a solution.

Today alone I joined in the course of about three or four hours I joined about six losing Warzone games. When I say that I don’t mean the score was anything like fifty or so behind. I mean these games were half over. The enemy team had over five hundred and the team I’m forced in with has less than 200 and at least two of the three capture points, pushing the losing team back in to a retreating phase. On top of this the way the punishment system works in game I feel like I myself can’t quit these games because I don’t want to get penalized for losing the lottery and not getting a fresh or at least barely started game where I have a chance. Not to mention in this state of joining are you at a giant score disadvantage, but a REQ disadvantage as well. The enemy team is pushing tanks into my base and I have level 3 or 4 REQ’s which normally isn’t enough to put up much of a fight. Being a decent player, if I start in a game I’d be anywhere from 5-7.

The last issue I’d like to bring about with this is the fact that it kind of nulls the use of the gambit cards as well. I personally like the use of these boosts because they reward players for good performance. That said it is really irritating when I put on a gambit card, ready to play and then I join a game where I literally have no physical chance of getting the benefit of that card because the game happened to put me in a match that is a lost cause.

I’m not a game developer and while I am studying programming I don’t know how much of an issue it would be to put into place I really do think this is an issue that needs to be dealt with. If anything setting parameters to ensure that matchmaking players don’t get put into a lost cause game. If it is entirely important to maintain that the balance of the teams stays true maybe design a way to filter repeat offenders (early quitters, afk’s, etc…) into these games as another form of punishment for committing the acts. I really do enjoy playing Halo and it’s Warzone gametype. I personally just want to see the experience get improved on.

tl;dr: Tired of joining into lost cause Warzone games. Hoping for solution to the issue.

Once I enter a game were I didn’t even spawn the other team destroyed my team core, that happened because 10 players leaved the game and 8 players got in just to lose. It’s very frustrating enter in a game that your team is losing but other times I joined in a game that my team was losing but we keep pushing and even won. I don’t like joining to a game in progress and also I don’t like when any of my team leaves because that gives to the other team a little advantage. But what can you do to make other players play as it should be? I bet that some people hate losing and others have emergencys to attend and so many reasons. Just remember it’s a game and that’s how life is, there are different kind of people.

Is this a repost? O_o

out of all the games I have joined that were already in progress, not including ones that just started, I have only been put on the winning team one time. That was because of me though. The rest of the team was mediocre at best and i was really on point and managed to push us to the win. When I joined the team scores were at about 500 to 200. by the end it was 700 to our 1k. Was a pretty awesome match for me. one of my best. that being said, usually the ones it puts me in my team only has about 1-200 to their 800 or so at the time of my joining. It pisses me off. I wish there was an option to turn off join in progress. just bring back auto balance…

You have no idea how many losing games I have been placed in. It’s so freaking funny though because even though I start in dead last place, I end up finishing second or third place all the time. It just kinda pisses me off because if I had started a brand new game instead of joining one, I could have changed the events prior to my joining and maybe carried my team to victory.

Do you only enjoy the game is you are guaranteed to win every time you play? If you join the wrong side of a one sided game just relax and play- don’t take it personally if your team loses. The next game will likely be a fresh start.

> 2533274890800227;6:
> Do you only enjoy the game is you are guaranteed to win every time you play? If you join the wrong side of a one sided game just relax and play- don’t take it personally if your team loses. The next game will likely be a fresh start.

You shouldn’t be handed a loss for somebody else quitting and you being thrown into their place. It’s unfair, there needs to be a set score limit or something to where you can’t join anymore. I can’t play by myself without being thrown into a game where the other team is using microphones and my team is jerking it in a mongoose that’s halfway off a cliff.

> 2533274890800227;6:
> Do you only enjoy the game is you are guaranteed to win every time you play? If you join the wrong side of a one sided game just relax and play- don’t take it personally if your team loses. The next game will likely be a fresh start.

Except when it puts in a joined in progress game 5 times in a row. It did it to me last night.

Also what a completely illogical response. I don’t expect a 100% chance of winning, but I definitely don’t care for a game where I join and it’s a 95%+ chance of losing. That’s completely bogus. I didn’t contribute to that game being in such a sad state, and I shouldn’t be punished by being placed into someones slot who had the common sense to leave that crapfest.

You might be complacent with being farmed, but not me.

> 2604313713106098;8:
> > 2533274890800227;6:
> > Do you only enjoy the game is you are guaranteed to win every time you play? If you join the wrong side of a one sided game just relax and play- don’t take it personally if your team loses. The next game will likely be a fresh start.
>
>
> Except when it puts in a joined in progress game 5 times in a row. It did it to me last night.
>
> Also what a completely illogical response. I don’t expect a 100% chance of winning, but I definitely don’t care for a game where I join and it’s a 95%+ chance of losing. That’s completely bogus. I didn’t contribute to that game being in such a sad state, and I shouldn’t be punished by being placed into someones slot who had the common sense to leave that crapfest.
>
> You might be complacent with being farmed, but not me.

Yoink happens. Yoink is part of life. Don’t worry, you’ll learn not to throw a fit every time you lose a game someday.

Who’s throwing a fit here? I act with logic and reasoning, you should try it sometime and stop being such a complacent non-factor in life.

A tip with the boost’s is to not put them on until the deploying in 5,4,3,2,1 message appears. If that doesn’t appear it’s a JIP match and your boost could be wasted.
Personally if I join a game that is half over I leave instantly regardless of how close or which team I’m on (this is the only time I’d purposely quit though) I agree with OP it’s frustrating and just not worth the time.

> 2533274890800227;9:
> > 2604313713106098;8:
> > > 2533274890800227;6:
> > > Do you only enjoy the game is you are guaranteed to win every time you play? If you join the wrong side of a one sided game just relax and play- don’t take it personally if your team loses. The next game will likely be a fresh start.
> >
> >
> > Except when it puts in a joined in progress game 5 times in a row. It did it to me last night.
> >
> > Also what a completely illogical response. I don’t expect a 100% chance of winning, but I definitely don’t care for a game where I join and it’s a 95%+ chance of losing. That’s completely bogus. I didn’t contribute to that game being in such a sad state, and I shouldn’t be punished by being placed into someones slot who had the common sense to leave that crapfest.
> >
> > You might be complacent with being farmed, but not me.
>
>
> Yoink happens. Yoink is part of life. Don’t worry, you’ll learn not to throw a fit every time you lose a game someday.

except when it is many games in a row it starts to piss people off. nobody is throwing a fit, we just don’t want to be put in multiple garanteed losses in a row instead of a fresh game where theres an equal chance of victory or loss depending on your team and the enemy team.

I personally love JIP even if I join a losing game. One thing I found for sure is that if you are partied up with friends there is a VERY low chance of JIP. You will 95% of the time always start from the beginning. Going in solo, yes JIP happens more often. I honestly don’t mind. I play to have fun and I am not obsessed with WL or KD. I love JIP and JIP is the reason I play mainly BTB and Warzone.

This is why there are quit bans, Banhammer haters.

Also, not only do you get tossed into a hopeless mess, but they cut your RP points based on your time in-game now, which is arguably “fair” but not “just.” I had thought of the quick 1800+ as a consolation prize.

I got dropped into one recently that was over in just a few minutes and only got ~1000 RP for it, despite the fact that my wife and I ourselves doubled our team’s score by the end (still lost, but we were doing work).

Join in Progress in Halo 5 Warzone is really a big problem. There are 2 reasons behind it:

1. If you play alone, you might join way to many games midgame! I have joined 4 games in a row midgame. Thats really no joke. it can happen and if it does it is really frustrating. Joining 2 games midgame in a row is even more common.

Solution - There should be a simple algorithm behind it (it’s not really an algorithm). 1 Game Join in Progress, next game is a guaranteed game from start. So you have at least a 50/50 chance. Maybe it should be higher.

1. Join in Progress is worse in Warzone than any other mode because of REQ level and points! Take Halo 4 Big Team and you joined a game midgame, you were of equal strenght than any other player who was in from start. You had your preset loadouts that have nothing to do with game progress. If you join Halo 5 Warzone midgame, you join at a set REQ Level with little REQ points while the enemy team might be ahead in REQ Level and Points. So you join a game midgame with a disadvantage. For example I joined a game where the enemy team had 2 Scorpion Tanks an 1 Banshee, but i was unable to get me a Spartan lase to counter them effectively. (I went for plasma pistol, but this doesnt change the concept).

These are imo the 2 reasons why JIP sucks so much in Halo 5.

> 2535469129631356;2:
> Once I enter a game were I didn’t even spawn the other team destroyed my team core, that happened because 10 players leaved the game and 8 players got in just to lose. It’s very frustrating enter in a game that your team is losing but other times I joined in a game that my team was losing but we keep pushing and even won. I don’t like joining to a game in progress and also I don’t like when any of my team leaves because that gives to the other team a little advantage. But what can you do to make other players play as it should be? I bet that some people hate losing and others have emergencys to attend and so many reasons. Just remember it’s a game and that’s how life is, there are different kind of people.

Well in my case I’m one of those that hate losing. I’m not saying I don’t like a challenge but if I got a game like you just described I would be livid. 90% of the people who quit matches quit because they don’t like the fact that the game is going their way. I get sometimes there are other reasons for disconnection, but those are few and far between. When I have a ten player team and five of them quit their all not going through an emergency. If anything I did propose a kind of repeat offender idea that would be nice. Keep ramping the punishment up until they realize that it is better to ride out a match than it is to quit. I understand you can’t win every game and there won’t always be upstanding decent players in every lobby, but I just would like to at least have a chance.

It can be annoying for sure. It would be nice if you could get some kind of bonus for joining a loosing team and helping them turn it around. Extra REQ points would go a long way towards healing the pain :slight_smile:

wow really. people posting long explanations of being put onto loosing games? we get it, it happens to everyone. the way i see it is i still get req and xp points for finishing out a game i had nothing to do with. don’t worry about the overall score when you’re joining a game half over. it happens, just deal with it.

has no one ever been on the other side of this? I’ve lost friends/teammates mid game and had them join back up due to JIP and it turned the game around. I’ve had teammates quit and randoms join to fill a team back out and we’ve won numerous times. I’ve also joined winning matches many times. the fact that i can rejoin a BTB match after I’ve been disconnected for no reason greatly makes up for the fact that i might join a few loosing matches here or there. difference is i just man up and play the game. loosing happens to everyone. and if you’re put onto a loosing team who cares? just try and get a positive KD and its a personal victory.

i understand some people will get the bad luck of the draw but that doesnt mean the system is flawed. people most often quit when their team is loosing. if we could prevent people from quitting that would help this problem. nothing else would change it. come on now.

-Yoink!- i -Yoinking!- hate join in progress only had halo 5 for a month but wtf more than half i join a game and the enemy has tanks snipers everything and i only have tier 3 or 4 stupid… i miss the no joining with heavy bans never had to deal with this -Yoink-

I would love to join more Warzone matches that are almost over. I still get the same amount of RP with a fraction of the time or effort. Arena is the only place where I have some realistic control over wins or losses anyway.