Ridgeline on Installation 03?

> Overlooking one of halo’s impressive relay complexes, this idyllic cliffside served as a UNSC staging area.

It’s not Installation 04 because the Anchor Planet is blue and Threshold is Orange.

I very much doubt that it is Installation 05 because of the Flood outbrake and that the Anchor Planet on Ridgeline looks too small to be Substance.

I believe that Ridgeline takes place on Installation 03 because its the only other Halo known to be discovered.
Also, UNSC Staging area?
Sounds like they are using it as a training area for the Spartan IV’s.

> > Overlooking one of halo’s impressive relay complexes, this idyllic cliffside served as a UNSC staging area.
>
> It’s not Installation 04 because the Anchor Planet is blue and Threshold is Orange.
>
> I very much doubt that it is Installation 05 because of the Flood outbrake and that the Anchor Planet on Ridgeline looks too small to be Substance.
>
> I believe that Ridgeline takes place on Installation 03 because its the only other Halo known to be discovered.
> Also, UNSC Staging area?
> Sounds like they are using it as a training area for the Spartan IV’s.

Nope, it’s installation 04. Any map that’s on a Halo installation from the new map pack is on Installation 04.

The anchor planet being blue is either an artistic license or due to the time of day that the map is set in.

> > > Overlooking one of halo’s impressive relay complexes, this idyllic cliffside served as a UNSC staging area.
> >
> > It’s not Installation 04 because the Anchor Planet is blue and Threshold is Orange.
> >
> > I very much doubt that it is Installation 05 because of the Flood outbrake and that the Anchor Planet on Ridgeline looks too small to be Substance.
> >
> > I believe that Ridgeline takes place on Installation 03 because its the only other Halo known to be discovered.
> > Also, UNSC Staging area?
> > Sounds like they are using it as a training area for the Spartan IV’s.
>
> Nope, it’s installation 04. All the new maps take place on installation 04.
>
> The anchor planet being blue is either an artistic license or due to the time of day that the map is set in.

Wrong.

Breakneck takes place on Earth.

Penance takes place on Buwan, the primary satellite of the Grunt’s homeworld.

High Noon takes place in a Forerunner slipspace portal generator facility on an unknown world.

The other maps take place on Halos (with the possible exception of Solitary) but it can not be conclusively stated which rings they are on. It is highly possible, and current evidence makes it likely, that Ridgeline does in fact take place on a different installation.

> > > > Overlooking one of halo’s impressive relay complexes, this idyllic cliffside served as a UNSC staging area.
> > >
> > > It’s not Installation 04 because the Anchor Planet is blue and Threshold is Orange.
> > >
> > > I very much doubt that it is Installation 05 because of the Flood outbrake and that the Anchor Planet on Ridgeline looks too small to be Substance.
> > >
> > > I believe that Ridgeline takes place on Installation 03 because its the only other Halo known to be discovered.
> > > Also, UNSC Staging area?
> > > Sounds like they are using it as a training area for the Spartan IV’s.
> >
> > Nope, it’s installation 04. All the new maps take place on installation 04.
> >
> > The anchor planet being blue is either an artistic license or due to the time of day that the map is set in.
>
> Wrong.
>
> Breakneck takes place on Earth.
>
> Penance takes place on Buwan, the primary satellite of the Grunt’s homeworld.
>
> High Noon takes place in a Forerunner slipspace portal generator facility on an unknown world.
>
> The other maps take place on Halos (with the possible exception of Solitary) but it can not be conclusively stated which rings they are on. It is highly possible, and current evidence makes it likely, that Ridgeline does in fact take place on a different installation.

Ah, sorry. It’s 6 am here. XP

> > > Overlooking one of halo’s impressive relay complexes, this idyllic cliffside served as a UNSC staging area.
> >
> > It’s not Installation 04 because the Anchor Planet is blue and Threshold is Orange.
> >
> > I very much doubt that it is Installation 05 because of the Flood outbrake and that the Anchor Planet on Ridgeline looks too small to be Substance.
> >
> > I believe that Ridgeline takes place on Installation 03 because its the only other Halo known to be discovered.
> > Also, UNSC Staging area?
> > Sounds like they are using it as a training area for the Spartan IV’s.
>
> Nope, it’s installation 04. Any map that’s on a Halo installation from the new map pack is on Installation 04.
>
> The anchor planet being blue is either an artistic license or due to the time of day that the map is set in.

In Halo CE and CEA Threshold is Orange, day and night. It is never blue.

Also, the amount of work that has gone in to creating the impresive skyboxes for the campaign, just to turn Threshold blue in a multiplayer map, seems a bit far fetched.

Can you link to an article stating that all the Halo based maps are on Alpha Halo, because to be honest, it sounds like your making it up a bit.

> > > > Overlooking one of halo’s impressive relay complexes, this idyllic cliffside served as a UNSC staging area.
> > >
> > > It’s not Installation 04 because the Anchor Planet is blue and Threshold is Orange.
> > >
> > > I very much doubt that it is Installation 05 because of the Flood outbrake and that the Anchor Planet on Ridgeline looks too small to be Substance.
> > >
> > > I believe that Ridgeline takes place on Installation 03 because its the only other Halo known to be discovered.
> >
> > Nope, it’s installation 04. Any map that’s on a Halo installation from the new map pack is on Installation 04.
> >
> > The anchor planet being blue is either an artistic license or due to the time of day that the map is set in.
>
> In Halo CE and CEA Threshold is Orange, day and night. It is never blue.
>
> Also, the amount of work that has gone in to creating the impresive skyboxes for the campaign, just to turn Threshold blue in a multiplayer map, seems a bit far fetched.
>
> Can you link to an article stating that all the Halo based maps are on Alpha Halo, because to be honest, it sounds like your making it up a bit.

Read the above posts, he wrote his initial response early in the morning and has since admitted to being wrong. Toa has been around for a while and in the time that I’ve been here, I have never seen him/her intentionally mislead anyone or post false information.

I actually brought this up here because on the map Battle Canyon, the Planet/Moon in the sky is a Ringed world and neither Installation 04 or 05 have a Ringed world in their sky. I believe it to be Installation 03 only because it has been referenced several times already and based on its appearance in Glasslands, will play an important role in the near future.

In the mona lisa, it appears blue.

> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Nope, it’s installation 04. Any map that’s on a Halo installation from the new map pack is on Installation 04.
> >
>
> In Halo CE and CEA Threshold is Orange, day and night. It is never blue.
>
> Also, the amount of work that has gone in to creating the impresive skyboxes for the campaign, just to turn Threshold blue in a multiplayer map, seems a bit far fetched.
>
> Can you link to an article stating that all the Halo based maps are on Alpha Halo, because to be honest, it sounds like your making it up a bit.

I was looking it up on Halopedia, and they linked to an old Halo Bulletin. Sad part is, since this site updated, the link is now no good. Generally, I trust Halopedia, but I could be wrong.

I personally believe it’s installation 04 because this is the anniversary map pack. It could be Installation 05 or Installation 03, but I believe, as has been done in the past, Certain Affinity took some artistic license in its portrayal of the Halo Universe. Just look at the map Condemned. Reach, in that map, looks like a molten rock, but we know from the opening scenes of Reach that the planet never looked that bad.

Yea many Halo things got removed that are canon due to updates, Toa.

Anyway I believe that Ridgeline is Alpha Base from Halo The Flood. But I could be wrong.

I think its 05, and the planet is Substance which is blue.

I read on Halo Wiki that Installation 03 has, in fact, a rocky volcanic surface. Not like anything that Ridgeline suggests.

> Yea many Halo things got removed that are canon due to updates, Toa.
>
> Anyway I believe that Ridgeline is Alpha Base from Halo The Flood. But I could be wrong.

The description of the map does seem to heavily imply that, don’t it? 343 has been making quite the effort to connect the games and other media more directly, so it wouldn’t surprise me. The only thing that bothers me is that Alpha base was said to be on a butte, which Ridgeline most certainly is not. Still, artistic license and all that.

> I read on Halo Wiki that Installation 03 has, in fact, a rocky volcanic surface. Not like anything that Ridgeline suggests.

The Halo Encyclopedia agrees.

They talked about it being Installation 04 in the bulletin, in fact the firefight map has almost the same skybox. What we should be asking about is were does Battle Canyon take place, considering it has Reach’s moon in the skybox…

> They talked about it being Installation 04 in the bulletin, in fact the firefight map has almost the same skybox. What we should be asking about is were does Battle Canyon take place, considering it has Reach’s moon in the skybox…

Maybe Battoe Canyon takes place 100,000 years ago, back when there was a Halo near Reach. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the topic of Battle Canyon though, it’s possible the fact that Reach’s moon is used could just be an error, or a placeholder object, similar to the fact that Condemned has two instances of that moon in the sky, one immediately over Reach and one visible from the window on the opposite side of the station.

Well I guess it’s settled, it’s confirmed that it takes place on 04. Still, part of me can’t help but think that’s an error.

Im sorry, but for mystery I still think it takes place in Installation 03, it Cant be Alpha Base, im pretty sure alpha base didnt have a FREAKING FORERUNNER MEGA CITY NEXT TO IT LOL

I don’t think it is Alpha Base, but I am 90% positive that it is on Installation 04. The description says that a Covenant assualt put an end to the forces on the staging area so it was probably a minor base. I thought that the city by the map was Alpha Base, but I re-read “The Flood” and it turns out, Alpha Base is on a Mesa/Butte a little ways away from the Pillar of Autumn’s crashsite. I do wish that they would have made a map out of it though. It would have been kick-yoink-! Perhaps a DLC map?

I also am 90% positive it is Installation 04. However, people here have some very compelling arguments, and if it did turn out to be Installation 03, that’d be pretty neat. However, as per the infamous Halo Encyclopedia’s description of the ring’s surface, and Halopedia’s description, I think we can safely say it’s not 03.

Have we ruled out the possibility that it’s on a yet-to-be-discovered Installation?