Ricochet Sniper and Sword

Urgent kick away the sword and sniper from Ricochet. I have not seen anyone who took it and ran, all just squatted down and camping … Which passionately kills atmosphere …

Before we start, I haven’t played the official ricochet playlist yet. Are we talking about Ricochet Pitfall or Ricochet Haven? If it’s haven I can’t make much of a comment as I have yet to play it, but Pitfall I can definitely debate.

For Adrift, I can definitely say that the snipers need to go. They didn’t work in LS and they still don’t work in Ricochet. The sight lines on the map are just too big.

The same happens on Haven, albeit to a lesser extent. Here, I say just reduce the ammo on it and increase the spawn time. I haven’t encountered any problems with the sword.

On Pitfall, though, the sniper and sword work surprisingly well, even with sprint and flinch.

Let them know what you think:

Ricochet Feedback

Most people like to stay still when their reticule is small.

> Before we start, I haven’t played the official ricochet playlist yet. Are we talking about Ricochet Pitfall or Ricochet Haven? If it’s haven I can’t make much of a comment as I have yet to play it, but Pitfall I can definitely debate.

Where is unofficial?

> > Before we start, I haven’t played the official ricochet playlist yet. Are we talking about Ricochet Pitfall or Ricochet Haven? If it’s haven I can’t make much of a comment as I have yet to play it, but Pitfall I can definitely debate.
>
> Where is unofficial?

He’s only played on pitfall Ricochet. The OFFICIAL playlist is the Ricochet Playlist.

On Pit all I do is take the sniper and go to sword, pick that up, and STAT. Snipe all the people going for ball and slice all the people who rush me.

Zero focus on objective. SUP?

The weapon placements are fine.

i just hate the sniper weapons on halo 4 in general to be honest, the lack of descope makes them godly if you know what your doing with them…

> Most people like to stay still when their reticule is small.

Exactly

There shouldn’t be power weapons in Ricochet period if people want to boost then they can go back to CTF

> There shouldn’t be power weapons in Ricochet period if people want to boost then they can go back to CTF

Halo is all about power weapons. Besides, what do you mean boost in CTF? Boosters should stay in slayer.

> The weapon placements are fine.

I could not disagree with you more. I honestly preferred the old weapon placements and spawns for that matter

Haven: The sniper is just far to easy to control at top mid. The lack of descope makes it so overpowered. The lift is pretty much the only way into top mid and even then a good player will predict your movement and will be able to pick you off with a well placed grenade. The Sword is just horrible on Haven. I don’t mind the Concussion Rifle however it does feel out of place in matchmaking. I actually preferred the Scatershot bottom mid. If both teams spawned with Needles apposed to just Red with Blue getting the Sticky Det, I think the game would have played much better.

Adrift: Ugh the snipers are just horrible. The map plays horrible even without them. This map should honestly just stick to CTF as it plays horrible in every playlist.

Solace: WTF? Gravity Hammers? Are you kidding me. I know the Promethean weapons and Swords were a little much but honestly the weapon placement sucks. The first version of Solace was much more enjoyable. The Incineration Cannon needed to be replaced by either a Sticky Det or Railgun and the Binary Rifle needed to be replaced with a sniper. The whole goal placement and spawns were much better in the first version also.

The forge maps on a whole have good weapon placements and play well par Dispatch. Dispatch and Adrift need to go. The game needs to go back to the original spawn system and rethink the weapons on Solace and Haven. This was my favorite playlist but I don’t really enjoy playing the on disc maps since the update.

I think adding the Sniper and Sword on Ricochet maps was a mistake, it kills the fun gametype, turns It into slayer almost, encourages people to play tactically and camp with those specific weapons, scattershot or sticky launcher was 100% fine, I don’t know the change happened at all.

> I think adding the Sniper and Sword on Ricochet maps was a mistake, it kills the fun gametype, turns It into slayer almost, encourages people to play tactically and camp with those specific weapons, scattershot or sticky launcher was 100% fine, I don’t know the change happened at all.

The way I see it is that in Soccer, a goalie can “camp” by the goal, so a player can “camp” by the goal, sense it is in essence a Halo sport.

> > The weapon placements are fine.
>
> I could not disagree with you more. I honestly preferred the old weapon placements and spawns for that matter
>
> Haven: The sniper is just far to easy to control at top mid. The lack of descope makes it so overpowered. The lift is pretty much the only way into top mid and even then a good player will predict your movement and will be able to pick you off with a well placed grenade. The Sword is just horrible on Haven. I don’t mind the Concussion Rifle however it does feel out of place in matchmaking. I actually preferred the Scatershot bottom mid. If both teams spawned with Needles apposed to just Red with Blue getting the Sticky Det, I think the game would have played much better.
>
> Adrift: Ugh the snipers are just horrible. The map plays horrible even without them. This map should honestly just stick to CTF as it plays horrible in every playlist.
>
> Solace: WTF? Gravity Hammers? Are you kidding me. I know the Promethean weapons and Swords were a little much but honestly the weapon placement sucks. The first version of Solace was much more enjoyable. The Incineration Cannon needed to be replaced by either a Sticky Det or Railgun and the Binary Rifle needed to be replaced with a sniper. The whole goal placement and spawns were much better in the first version also.
>
> The forge maps on a whole have good weapon placements and play well par Dispatch. Dispatch and Adrift need to go. The game needs to go back to the original spawn system and rethink the weapons on Solace and Haven. This was my favorite playlist but I don’t really enjoy playing the on disc maps since the update.

The lack of descope isn’t a good argument as to why a sniper can’t be on a map as its a problem in the game as a whole. If your going to site that as a reason to not have it on a single map then you can’t have it at all. The sniper on Haven is fine and its difficult to pull of some of the shots. As for its placement on Adrift I fail to see how its bad on a map with LONG and narrow passageways where its easy to move out of the line of sight, but its ok on a completely open map like Ragnarok.

I agree the Sword is annoying on Haven but I find that weapon annoying in general.

As for Solace its ok as is, it’s not ideal, but it’s ok. The Grav Hammer is hardly used, let it shine a little.

“Atmosphere”?

> > > The weapon placements are fine.
> >
> > I could not disagree with you more. I honestly preferred the old weapon placements and spawns for that matter
> >
> > Haven: The sniper is just far to easy to control at top mid. The lack of descope makes it so overpowered. The lift is pretty much the only way into top mid and even then a good player will predict your movement and will be able to pick you off with a well placed grenade. The Sword is just horrible on Haven. I don’t mind the Concussion Rifle however it does feel out of place in matchmaking. I actually preferred the Scatershot bottom mid. If both teams spawned with Needles apposed to just Red with Blue getting the Sticky Det, I think the game would have played much better.
> >
> > Adrift: Ugh the snipers are just horrible. The map plays horrible even without them. This map should honestly just stick to CTF as it plays horrible in every playlist.
> >
> > Solace: WTF? Gravity Hammers? Are you kidding me. I know the Promethean weapons and Swords were a little much but honestly the weapon placement sucks. The first version of Solace was much more enjoyable. The Incineration Cannon needed to be replaced by either a Sticky Det or Railgun and the Binary Rifle needed to be replaced with a sniper. The whole goal placement and spawns were much better in the first version also.
> >
> > The forge maps on a whole have good weapon placements and play well par Dispatch. Dispatch and Adrift need to go. The game needs to go back to the original spawn system and rethink the weapons on Solace and Haven. This was my favorite playlist but I don’t really enjoy playing the on disc maps since the update.
>
> The lack of descope isn’t a good argument as to why a sniper can’t be on a map as its a problem in the game as a whole. If your going to site that as a reason to not have it on a single map then you can’t have it at all. The sniper on Haven is fine and its difficult to pull of some of the shots. As for its placement on Adrift I fail to see how its bad on a map with LONG and narrow passageways where its easy to move out of the line of sight, but its ok on a completely open map like Ragnarok.
>
> I agree the Sword is annoying on Haven but I find that weapon annoying in general.
>
> As for Solace its ok as is, it’s not ideal, but it’s ok. The Grav Hammer is hardly used, let it shine a little.

How is the sword annoying? It’s so hard to use now that everyone can spawn with a pocket shotty.

I can’t see what you are complaining about- the weapon placement or campers.

What you must understand is that campers have been around forever and is not a specific problem for the playlist, of course, I have never played the playlist but I still do believe that you can never get rid of campers.

And besides, it can be a legitimate strategy :stuck_out_tongue: