Ricochet pretty much assault.

Minus the arm and disarm function.

Would you want both assault and Ricochet in the next game or 1 to replace the other. Both I would expect to have the throwing feature.

Post what you think about Ricochet. You may or may not like the whole tossin the ball for a score and radius sizes. It just all depends…

I’m interested in Richochet.

I’m sure there will be hundreds of foaming-at-the-mouth assault players though who will be pissed because it’s not the exact same thing.

As if adding/changing up gamemodes is inherently bad.

One solution for the future is giving richochet a few options.

1. Time required for the ball to be in the end zone to score (None, 5s, 10s, 20s, etc.)
  2. Does throwing the ball into the end zone score? (Yes/No)
  3. Can the ball be thrown (yes/no).

Of course some of these might already be options. We are judging a gametype when we don’t have all the information yet.

> <mark>Minus the arm and disarm function.</mark>
>
> Would you want both assault and Ricochet in the next game or 1 to replace the other. Both I would expect to have the throwing feature.

Unless they give us these options when the game type comes out along with the option to not be able to throw the ball.

Then we would get Assault back.

In a way I’d say it’s 343s take on Assault with a Sports theme, looks enjoyable

Some options would allow us to create assault.

But with the throwing the ball into the goal and such, I wonder what other neat gametypes people will build off it. Better basketball and football (american) gametypes, and some interesting objectives or minigames.

It’s very similar to Unreal tournament’s bombing run.

It looks very fun, I hope they have a parkour type map with it and if you fall you die

Ricochet looks to be the next evolution of Grifball. While I would rather have Assault back, it’s better than nothing. Without arm/disarming, it won’t be exactly the same. And those damn waypoints take away any sneaky runs to arm the bomb and score. It still seems like an action sack type of game, like the soccer and skeeball games from Reach.

> > <mark>Minus the arm and disarm function.</mark>
> >
> > Would you want both assault and Ricochet in the next game or 1 to replace the other. Both I would expect to have the throwing feature.
>
> Unless they give us these options when the game type comes out along with the option to not be able to throw the ball.
>
> Then we would get Assault back.

I can imagine them turning Ricochet into a assault variant, where it’s 6 points to win. They add back arm and disarm, it will be great, are at least I think so.

Walking in the bomb gives you 2 point while throwing is 1.

> I’m interested in Richochet.
>
> I’m sure there will be hundreds of foaming-at-the-mouth assault players though who will be pissed because it’s not the exact same thing.
>
> As if adding/changing up gamemodes is inherently bad.
>
> One solution for the future is giving richochet a few options.
> 1. Time required for the ball to be in the end zone to score (None, 5s, 10s, 20s, etc.)
> 2. Does throwing the ball into the end zone score? (Yes/No)
> 3. Can the ball be thrown (yes/no).
>
> Of course some of these might already be options. We are judging a gametype when we don’t have all the information yet.

They say Ricochet is very similar to Bombin Run in the Unreal series. The specs for it are:

-Ball CAN be passed/thrown and caught by any player.
-Ball CAN be thrown in to score.
-Ball CAN be walked in to score.
-Thrown in score points are 3.
-Walk in score points are 7.

If anything this is just like Grifball but different weapons, the ability to score by simply throwing it in, and a points system to determine how many points to award based on method of ball entering the goal zone.

I seriously hope 343 adds the option for arm, disarm, and fuse timers on this and they actually work, since Grifball was funkled-up the way their gametype script was written.

I’m going to bet there will be options in forge to customize Ricochet. Have the goal be really small and make it take 5 seconds to arm. In this way, you’d be VERY unlikely to be able to throw a ball into it and have it stay there for 5 seconds. So you’d HAVE to run it in and stand on the goal.

BAM, Assault!

I can’t really say much about Ricochet because only the general concept of its gameplay is out. But as for assault, it’s classic. There needs to be a gametype that says “Assault” and involves arming and disarming a timed explosive. Also it would need the announcer to say “assault” at the beginning of the game/rounds.

Ricochet = bomb run in ut2k4, and that’s an awesome play type.

> > I’m interested in Richochet.
> >
> > I’m sure there will be hundreds of foaming-at-the-mouth assault players though who will be pissed because it’s not the exact same thing.
> >
> > As if adding/changing up gamemodes is inherently bad.
> >
> > One solution for the future is giving richochet a few options.
> > 1. Time required for the ball to be in the end zone to score (None, 5s, 10s, 20s, etc.)
> > 2. Does throwing the ball into the end zone score? (Yes/No)
> > 3. Can the ball be thrown (yes/no).
> >
> > Of course some of these might already be options. We are judging a gametype when we don’t have all the information yet.
>
> They say Ricochet is very similar to Bombin Run in the Unreal series. The specs for it are:
>
> -Ball CAN be passed/thrown and caught by any player.
> -Ball CAN be thrown in to score.
> -Ball CAN be walked in to score.
> -Thrown in score points are 3.
> -Walk in score points are 7.
>
> If anything this is just like Grifball but different weapons, the ability to score by simply throwing it in, and a points system to determine how many points to award based on method of ball entering the goal zone.
>
> I seriously hope 343 adds the option for arm, disarm, and fuse timers on this and they actually work, since Grifball was funkled-up the way their gametype script was written.

There is no fuse timer or disarm option and there wont be. It goes into thr goal and boom. You don’t “plant it”, you deliver it or toss it in there.

The objective isn’t a bomb, as it is in assault, it’s a ball, and it simply enters the goal area and you are awarded points.

> There is no fuse timer or disarm option and there wont be. It goes into thr goal and boom. You don’t “plant it”, you deliver it or toss it in there.

> Unless they give us these options when the game type comes out along with the option to not be able to throw the ball.
>
> Then we would get Assault back.

> > There is no fuse timer or disarm option and there wont be. It goes into thr goal and boom. You don’t “plant it”, you deliver it or toss it in there.
>
>
>
> > Unless they give us these options when the game type comes out along with the option to not be able to throw the ball.
> >
> > Then we would get Assault back.

You’re not going to see that. If they wanted it to be assault they would have made assault.

We need both. Ricochet is more like football. And it seems like 1 guy could do all the work. You can score by throwing it in the score region.

> > > I’m interested in Richochet.
> > >
> > > I’m sure there will be hundreds of foaming-at-the-mouth assault players though who will be pissed because it’s not the exact same thing.
> > >
> > > As if adding/changing up gamemodes is inherently bad.
> > >
> > > One solution for the future is giving richochet a few options.
> > > 1. Time required for the ball to be in the end zone to score (None, 5s, 10s, 20s, etc.)
> > > 2. Does throwing the ball into the end zone score? (Yes/No)
> > > 3. Can the ball be thrown (yes/no).
> > >
> > > Of course some of these might already be options. We are judging a gametype when we don’t have all the information yet.
> >
> > They say Ricochet is very similar to Bombin Run in the Unreal series. The specs for it are:
> >
> > -Ball CAN be passed/thrown and caught by any player.
> > -Ball CAN be thrown in to score.
> > -Ball CAN be walked in to score.
> > -Thrown in score points are 3.
> > -Walk in score points are 7.
> >
> > If anything this is just like Grifball but different weapons, the ability to score by simply throwing it in, and a points system to determine how many points to award based on method of ball entering the goal zone.
> >
> > I seriously hope 343 adds the option for arm, disarm, and fuse timers on this and they actually work, since Grifball was funkled-up the way their gametype script was written.
>
> There is no fuse timer or disarm option and there wont be. It goes into thr goal and boom. You don’t “plant it”, you deliver it or toss it in there.
>
> The objective isn’t a bomb, as it is in assault, it’s a ball, and it simply enters the goal area and you are awarded points.

So tell me how you know this for a fact? There’s options for those in Grifball but the gametype itself overrides the options in-game. So how do you know that the options arent there? They probably are but in the video they just used their default settings for the gametype.

So please, dont falsely make statements when information hasnt even been released yet on it. You cant say anything for sure on the game settings yet.

I’d love to just have the Assault Gametype back.

I like assault, but Richochet IMO looks better and more interesting.