Ricochet is AWESOME!!!

This is my new favorite gametype. I have been a grifball fan since Halo 3 and I always loved assault as well so this gametype makes me feel like I am living the best of both worlds. It is fast paced, the announcer makes it feel like a live sports game and every game I have played has been neck and neck the whole time. I am in love with this gametype!! :smiley:

What do you guys/gals think?
Sound of below and remember KEEP IT CLEAN!

It’s pretty fun. I’d probably have more fun on it if I didn’t have to play with randoms that always quit the second the other team scores.

GOOOOAAAAL!!!

Very much love the sports-infused nature of the gametype. Needs a few tweaks, a few Forged maps meant to make drastically different arenas and of course a BTB touch at some point.

I really believe being able to toss between Mongooses/'Hogs (just the passengers) is good for the BTB sport side of it :slight_smile:

Gotta love the music when the match starts XD

its fun but could do without radar. and AA

1. Haven’t played it yet, sounds fun, but I have a feeling it won’t work on the maps already made for Halo 4, I have a feeling Ricochet is going to have specific maps just made for the game-type.

2. Can anyone tell me if we got the custom game options to remake Assault or did 343 miss a massive opportunity?

I agree it is a great game type, can’t wait to see what maps are developed by forgers!

I love it too, I just wish the games would last longer, I’ve had games that last less than 2 minutes.

It’s a great gametype! I think the Forge/custom game community will be able to do some impressive things with it!

I played few matches in Ricochet and I thought to myself: “this is AWESOME!”. Then I played 2-site Extraction on Vertigo and I thought to myself: “this is AWESOME too!”. Then I played regular Infinity Team Slayer on these maps and I thought to myself: “this is AWESOME!” Then I realized that it’s the game (Halo 4) that is awesome and what it need is just load of new maps.

343i: I want moooore Halo 4 multiplayer content this fall!

> 1. Haven’t played it yet, sounds fun, but I have a feeling it won’t work on the maps already made for Halo 4, I have a feeling Ricochet is going to have specific maps just made for the game-type.
>
> 2. Can anyone tell me if we got the custom game options to remake Assault or did 343 miss a massive opportunity?

Yes, you can, sort of. In the settings, you can disable auto pick up and you can make only run in goals count in forge. Only down side is you can’t disarm and the explosion doesn’t kill.

I really can’t wait to play this game type.

Possibly my favorite gametype! Interested to see what kind of maps the community will make for it. :slight_smile:

> I played few matches in Ricochet and I thought to myself: “this is AWESOME!”. Then I played 2-site Extraction on Vertigo and I thought to myself: “this is AWESOME too!”. Then I played regular Infinity Team Slayer on these maps and I thought to myself: “this is AWESOME!” Then I realized that it’s the game (Halo 4) that is awesome and what it need is just load of new maps.
>
> 343i: I want moooore Halo 4 multiplayer content this fall!

Vertigo is good and I love the EMP button.(that deeo crackling sound it makes is AWESOME) and PITFALL as much as I loved the old one I really LOVE this one as well :slight_smile:

Getting bored of it need some more maps to play it on.

> Getting bored of it need some more maps to play it on.

Starting September 3rd, it will be (for a limited time) in its own playlist, with more maps to play it on! :slight_smile:

I love Ricochet! I don’t know why so many people dislike it. It is so much fun to play.

I’m addicted to this gametype. It’s all I play now. I used to be obsessed with SWAT but now I’m obsessed with Ricochet!

I’ve never really been a true fan of grifball or any of that but Ricochet is so awesome! I’ve almost never lost a game except for lag or people quit on me. I think Ricochet might be like the new #1!

Actually a ton of fun. Definitely needs more maps tho