Ricochet Gametype Not Available in Customs.

Hey, as we know, the champions bundle includes a new gametype, Ricochet. Although I am very disappointed that this gametype isn’t available in the custom games, and only in online matchmaking. I am guessing that this gametype will be in custom games when its released to everyone as well as the third armour mod in two weeks time, but still why isn’t this added as a custom option. Am I the only one who has this problem. I wanted to see what cool forge maps I could make with it.

You should be able to download the gametype from your Temporary History in-game. Have you tried that?

I understand I could most likely do that, although, I would like an in game file, not like a custom option or nothing, I want it as an in game file, so it cannot be deleted. Also if I can do that, then why am I paying for it to get it early? When other players without the DLC can go and download it now for free?

> I understand I could most likely do that, although, I would like an in game file, not like a custom option or nothing, I want it as an in game file, so it cannot be deleted.

True. But I think you can “lock” files so that they can’t be deleted. I could be mistaken about that–I don’t mess with files that much.

> Also if I can do that, then why am I paying for it to get it early? When other players without the DLC can go and download it now for free?

Also true. But your “early access” to Ricochet is in matchmaking. Other players are completely restricted to customs as of now.

Download it from your game history after playing it in MM. What the big deal about that? Are we that lazy now or something?

Its the fact that I’m paying for DLC, and its not even a permanent file. What I mean by this is if you download it, it can be deleted but in game, gametypes can’t be, and they can be distinguished by the arrow on the very left of the file, which means they are locked and an in-game file, not a custom option. How would people feel if Mark V and ODST weren’t a permanent file, or Pitfall, and could be accidentally deleted in game (not by going to the hardrive and deleting the map pack altogether, that’s a different story). I just want it to be a permanent file, that’s all, since I payed for it and all.

I don’t understand the questions, the skins and such are accessible to those that purchased them and you can download the game gametype you wish from either temporary history or someone else’s fileshare.

What’s the concern here?

That its not an on disk/permanent file. Don’t you think people would complain if there was a game types map pack, and the gametypes were not permanent/locked. What if the maps you bought were not locked like the rest of the file are. I was told a new game type, I was expecting it to be on disk DLC. It may be a small thing, but its huge. If that happened in COD, people would be outraging. Although, when its released to the public, I bet they will make it a permanent file, just as they did with extraction.

> That its not an on disk/permanent file. Don’t you think people would complain if there was a game types map pack, and the gametypes were not permanent/locked. What if the maps you bought were not locked like the rest of the file are. I was told a new game type, I was expecting it to be on disk DLC. It may be a small thing, but its huge. If that happened in COD, people would be outraging. Although, when its released to the public, I bet they will make it a permanent file, just as they did with extraction.

Why would it be an on-disc DLC? The gametype wasn’t made until now, so there’s no reason it would be on the disc.

What I mean is that it should be a permanent file on the disk, unless you decide to delete it from the hard rive. But no, when you download the champions bundle, it says NEW GAMETYPE, but that game type isn’t in the file, nor is it a locked file. But as I said, its an easy fix, and will most likely become a permanent file once its released to everyone in 2 weeks time. If it isn’t, then I will be highly disappointed.

Also, how DLC usually works, is that the patch/updates before the DLC comes out, is to actually put those files on the disk, and then once you buy the DLC, it just unlocks the content that’s hidden on the disk. This is how most games do it, am almost certain, halo 4 does it as well.

New gametypes in Halo 4 do not require any sort of title update or on disc file. 343 Introduce them on their end and they slot easily into the file directory when introduced to a new account.

And you haven’t paid for Ricochet. you’ve paid for early access to it in matchmaking playlists. why should you get a permanent game file for customs when you’ve not paid for it?

> What I mean is that it should be a permanent file on the disk, unless you decide to delete it from the hard rive. But no, when you download the champions bundle, it says NEW GAMETYPE, but that game type isn’t in the file, nor is it a locked file. But as I said, its an easy fix, and will most likely become a permanent file once its released to everyone in 2 weeks time. If it isn’t, then I will be highly disappointed.
>
> Also, how DLC usually works, is that the patch/updates before the DLC comes out, is to actually put those files on the disk, and then once you buy the DLC, it just unlocks the content that’s hidden on the disk. This is how most games do it, am almost certain, halo 4 does it as well.

Well no, it doesn’t put anything on the disc… All content is downloaded to the console’s hard drive. When you downloaded the update yesterday, you downloaded the files for the gametype onto your hard drive. To gain access to it in Custom Games, you simply go to your gametype history and get the variant from there.

It’s impossible to write onto a game’s disc through the Xbox 360. When you download DLC, for any game, it goes onto the hard drive, not the disc itself.

Thats what I meant -_- Its downloaded to the hardrive, then unlocked when you purchase it.

I don’t understand why this is a problem. It’s not a different gametype if you download it from someone’s File Share. It’s the exact same thing whether it’s permanent or not. I don’t know why this is such a big deal to you.

From what I can tell, OP’s only frustration is that it is possible to delete the gametype, either by accident or on purpose.

I don’t get what the big deal is either.

> Thats what I meant -_- Its downloaded to the hardrive, then unlocked when you purchase it.

Yes, and that’s exactly what’s happening now. I don’t see what the issue is here… :S

Some hopefully good news for you, OP. I was browsing the 'Tubes, found a tutorial hosted by Certain Affinity here

Top comment on the vid?

> Ricochet didn’t appear in the list when I downloaded Champions. I had to download from the temporary history. Why is this? Do you know?

> CertainAffinity . 2 hours ago
> We have been made aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Fingers crossed for a fix!

> Thats what I meant -_- Its downloaded to the hardrive, then unlocked when you purchase it.

It’s actually not. It shows up regardless of you buying the DLC.

I have this problem as well. Why is this happening?

> I have this problem as well. Why is this happening?

Ricochet is not part of the Champions Bundle. It’s technically available to anyone who can play custom games.

In matchmaking, its only available in the Champions DLC playlist, so by virtue of buying the DLC, you can only play it in matchmaking there. in two weeks it’ll either be given its own playlist or folded into objective playlists.

Game types in Halo 4 are simply introduced on 343i’s end. they don’t need TUs. any new game type slots into the file share system very easily. Ricochet even gets its own subsection instead of being folded into Oddball.