Rhem: Underground city with buildings, massive cogs, and a new fire effect!

Download Now:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=17652432&player=AtlasIsShruggin

Trailer:

The forging fires of Rhem never burn out 4-8 Players

Supported Gametypes: 3-Plots, Assault, Crazy King, Headhunter, Infection, Juggernaut, King of the Hill, Multi Flag, Neutral Bomb, Neutral Flag, Oddball, One Bomb, One Flag, Safe Havens, Slayer, Stockpile, Team Slayer, and TerritoriesRecommended Gametypes: Slayer, Team Slayer, and InfectionDLC Required: None Canvas Map: Forgeworld

Screenshots:

Infection Only:

Rhem is a small asymmetrical map that is built for 4-8 Players. The map is designed as a town that would have a heavy mechanical influence. It is built to appear to have been built underground. There’s a lot of design to this map and a lot of great aesthetics. The map also has built in sound effects. I used explosions that take place outside of the map, some close and some further away, To make the map not only feel mechanical, but sound it as well. The explosions also cause the map to shake when you stand by the forging fire. All of this adds up to a map that uses not only visuals, but sounds and feel as well to create an atmosphere for the map.

Rhem has been reviewed and improved due to the excellent advice of those at The Forging Assembly, and so is in it’s Final Version. Special Thanks to King Xin, Lathers800, Rednazxela, and Dr. Reis.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Atlas

I like the map alot, however in Infection I think you should add some more light, as it seems in the video that it was just a bit too dark. Nice map otherwise though :slight_smile:

> I like the map alot, however in Infection I think you should add some more light, as it seems in the video that it was just a bit too dark. Nice map otherwise though :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comment! I appreciate your concern for the lighting, but I would encourage you to try it out. It may not be your typical infection experience, but is very enjoyable maybe even more so.

Because of the fire effect you do have limited lighting, but this presents a choice. Do you brave the darkness and hide? or do you stay with the light, exposed, and make a last stand there?

If you brave the darkness you start an alien vs predator like match where the humans are constantly trying to get the drop on the zombies and vice versa. But if you choose to stay together as a group and fight it out by the fire, it presents an amazing experience.

Imagine standing by a fire, looking out into the darkness, and waiting for the zombies to emerge…

Yes it is not your typical zombies experience… It is more pulse pounding and actually feels like you are fighting off an unknown zombie horde. I highly recommend it!

I have to admit I wasn’t expecting to find something like this here, it’s ooks like an interesting and well thought out map… One that cxertainly merits a download to at the least try out.

> I have to admit I wasn’t expecting to find something like this here, it’s ooks like an interesting and well thought out map… One that cxertainly merits a download to at the least try out.

Thanks! I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-reach-forge-discussion/125397-forge-hub-favorites-xiv-nominations.html
Rhem has been nominated for Forge Hub Favorites! The first round of voting will be closed on May 20th. The top five voted maps are then moved to a second round to determine who wins, please support Rhem by voting in the Thread linked above :slight_smile:
When voting you must link the original forge hub thread in your post. Here is the link:
http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-competitive-maps/125338-rhem.html
Thanks again to everyone who helped Rhem become the map it is!
-Atlas