Reweigh the Maps in Halo 3

The map weighting in this game is absolutely horrific. At least 1/3rd of my games are the maps they added from Halo Online, and quite frankly, they suck. It’s super annoying to get them almost every other game.
So, reweigh them please. It’s obvious they are weighed too heavily and need to be toned down.

4 Likes

Yeah it is really weird how often they show up compared to some of the originals.

1 Like

They probably weighed them heavy when they first launched so people could try them out, but it’s obnoxious how they seemingly never changed it.

I’ll trade ya! I never get the Halo Online maps and I love 'em. I only get Heretic.

1 Like

I really like Waterfall and Icebox(despite issues with respawn points). But I agree weighting needs to be redone.

Speaking ‘very’ generally, just for H3, weighting for maps starting with highest priority weighting down to lowest should be as follows.

4v4:
Guardian
The Pit
Cold Storage
Epitaph
Blackout
Ghost Town
Icebox(fixed spawns cough check my fileshare)
Construct
Isolation
Snowbound
Assembly
Narrows
Citadel
High Ground
Orbital
Waterfall
Heretic

8v8:
Valhalla
Sandtrap
Longshore
Avalanche
Last Resort
Rat’s Nest
Standoff

2 Likes

Just give them all equal chance then throw in veto or voting. No reason to weigh them heavy to light.

2 Likes

While they are at it, it would be nice to see the list of forge maps in the playlist rotation. It would give players a better idea of the likelihood in the weighting.

1 Like