Reward Veteran Players

In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, there was a feature called “Prestige Tokens” or something along those lines. What they did was look at if you had prestiged in CoD 4, MW2, and/or Black Ops, and rewarded you accordingly.

Now, I know many of you don’t like Call of Duty but that is irrelevant. I believe 343 should do something like this with Halo 4. Such as giving nameplates or special armor to those of use for playing Halo 2/3/ODST/Reach online. With a bigger armory you could easily give out a set/piece of armor for each game, and one for having all of them. Same with nameplates.

So, thoughts? Any other things they could possibly do?

Other ideas:

Games unlock certain Emblems.

Also-

> I think that it would be neat to go with a full on Legendary Status page under the Halo 4 service record. It would show everything from Achievements to K/D to all the other game details.
>
> I made an example right here.
>
> If you haven’t happened to play the game that blue glow wouldn’t show up behind the game logo.
>
> So what do you guys think? To me it’s taking nameplates one step further. With nameplates we can see how dedicated of a fan you are but with something like this we could see every little detail and which games you played the most.

Edit: No gameplay changes obviously. It wouldn’t effect gameplay balance at all. Just because I have a nameplate in Halo Reach right now doesn’t make me any better than I would be normally, now does it?

No thanks. It’s a new game, I want a clean slate across the board for anyone. To me, it doesn’t matter that someone’s played prior games or not. It’s a new game, everyone should start as equals.

Then again, I already don’t care about armor so…yeah.

I like this idea.

My idea for the armory unlocks:
Halo 2:-?
Halo 3:-Hayabusa.
ODST:-ODST armor.
Reach:-Mark V(B).
Halo CEA:-Mark V.

> No thanks. It’s a new game, I want a clean slate across the board for anyone. To me, it doesn’t matter that someone’s played prior games or not. It’s a new game, everyone should start as equals.
>
> Then again, I already don’t care about armor so…yeah.

Which really translates to, I probably wouldn’t get any armor.

I’d be down for it. It’s basically the same thing they do with the waypoint armor. You get it for having different achievements.

> I like this idea.
>
> My idea for the armory unlocks:
> Halo 2:-?
> <mark>Halo 3:-Hayabusa.</mark>
> ODST:-ODST armor.
> Reach:-Mark V**.
[/quote]
No, no, no. I dislike it. It won’t return anyway, copyright reasons… So I’m told.**
> I think a symbol for player cards, like in Halo: Reach, would be fine.

> > No thanks. It’s a new game, I want a clean slate across the board for anyone. To me, it doesn’t matter that someone’s played prior games or not. It’s a new game, everyone should start as equals.
> >
> > Then again, I already don’t care about armor so…yeah.
>
> Which really translates to, I probably wouldn’t get any armor.

How so?

its a new trilogy, we dont need stuff from the past, nameplates would be fine.

> > > No thanks. It’s a new game, I want a clean slate across the board for anyone. To me, it doesn’t matter that someone’s played prior games or not. It’s a new game, everyone should start as equals.
> > >
> > > Then again, I already don’t care about armor so…yeah.
> >
> > Which really translates to, I probably wouldn’t get any armor.
>
> How so?

I think he’s trying to say that you really meant to say that you didn’t play past Halo games and wouldn’t unlock armour.

> In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, there was a feature called “Prestige Tokens” or something along those lines. What they did was look at if you had prestiged in CoD 4, MW2, and/or Black Ops, and rewarded you accordingly.
>
> Now, I know many of you don’t like Call of Duty but that is irrelevant. I believe 343 should do something like this with Halo 4. Such as giving nameplates or special armor to those of use for playing Halo 2/3/ODST/Reach online. With a bigger armory you could easily give out a set/piece of armor for each game, and one for having all of them. Same with nameplates.
>
> So, thoughts? Any other things they could possibly do?

Call of Duty devs never were good at balancing anyway. To give people who have played the game more than others is… probably fair? I don’t want it. Sure it’ll give me an advantage cause I’ve played every Halo game there is, still it’s not Halo.

> > I like this idea.
> >
> > My idea for the armory unlocks:
> > Halo 2:-?
> > <mark>Halo 3:-Hayabusa.</mark>
> > ODST:-ODST armor.
> > Reach:-Mark V**.
[/quote]
No, no, no. I dislike it. It won’t return anyway, copyright reasons… So I’m told.**
> > I think a symbol for player cards, like in Halo: Reach, would be fine.
[/quote]
What, no?

> > Microsoft owns all Halo IP.
> > Including Hayabusa.

> > > I like this idea.
> > >
> > > My idea for the armory unlocks:
> > > Halo 2:-?
> > > <mark>Halo 3:-Hayabusa.</mark>
> > > ODST:-ODST armor.
> > > Reach:-Mark V**.
[/quote]
> > > I think a symbol for player cards, like in Halo: Reach, would be fine.
[/quote]
What, no?

> > > Microsoft owns all Halo IP.
> > > Including Hayabusa.
[/quote]
I was informed that, because Hayabusa was from Team Ninja because they had a Spartan in Dead or Alive 4, no one could use it unless they approved.

> No thanks. It’s a new game, I want a clean slate across the board for anyone. To me, it doesn’t matter that someone’s played prior games or not. It’s a new game, everyone should start as equals.
>

If it was just armor/nameplates or something that didn’t effect gameplay, I don’t see how it would be a bad thing.

Everyone would still be “Equals”.

Its a nice idea. And I’d agree to it because i have played every Halo game. But Halo 4 is the beginning of a new era.
Name plates or something like that would be OK. But everyone should start equally as far as in game content is concerned.

> > In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, there was a feature called “Prestige Tokens” or something along those lines. What they did was look at if you had prestiged in CoD 4, MW2, and/or Black Ops, and rewarded you accordingly.
> >
> > Now, I know many of you don’t like Call of Duty but that is irrelevant. I believe 343 should do something like this with Halo 4. Such as giving nameplates or special armor to those of use for playing Halo 2/3/ODST/Reach online. With a bigger armory you could easily give out a set/piece of armor for each game, and one for having all of them. Same with nameplates.
> >
> > So, thoughts? Any other things they could possibly do?
>
> Call of Duty devs never were good at balancing anyway. To give people who have played the game more than others is… probably fair? I don’t want it. Sure it’ll give me an advantage cause I’ve played every Halo game there is, still it’s not Halo.

Did you even read the post?

How would having a nameplate or exclusive armor pieces effect game balancing or make something “unfair”?

>

I see what your saying with it being a new game and all, but you have to keep in mind that other people would like to have veteran rewards.

Obviously everyone will start as equals. It’s not like we are asking for a free rank, its just armor showcasing how long we have been playing.

Personally, I would love to see a set that gave players armory items that were based on the spartan design from way back when.

Also, I’ve always liked the idea of actual player emblems that are the names of the games. Example being; if you played halo 2, then your emblem can be a picture stating “Halo 2”.

Anyway, that’s my two-cents.

I should clarify - I’m okay with the nameplates like we have now for Marathon, CE, H2, etc. I’m okay with one of those “exclusive” to those who’ve played the prior games and such but I’m NOT okay with exclusive armor or something.

In game content should be available across the board to all players.

> > No thanks. It’s a new game, I want a clean slate across the board for anyone. To me, it doesn’t matter that someone’s played prior games or not. It’s a new game, everyone should start as equals.
> >
> > Then again, I already don’t care about armor so…yeah.
>
> I see what your saying with it being a new game and all, but you have to keep in mind that other people would like to have veteran rewards.
>
> Obviously everyone will start as equals. It’s not like we are asking for a free rank, its just armor showcasing how long we have been playing.
>
> Personally, I would love to see a set that gave players armory items that were based on the spartan design from way back when.
>
> Also, I’ve always liked the idea of actual player emblems that are the names of the games. Example being; if you played halo 2, then your emblem can be a picture stating “Halo 2”.
>
> Anyway, that’s my two-cents.

Exactly, like if you played Halo 2 you get Mark VI and unlock an emblem for it.

Hey, they could even make it so that if you played Halo 2 you get the emblems from Halo 2.

Waypoint pretty much did this with the unlockable Waypoint armor, so there is probably a good chance they’ll do something like it again. In any case, I’m sure whatever they decide would be purely cosmetic.

That’d be great. It’d add more inter connectivity to games. In my opinion, making all the things come together is awesome.

> I should clarify - I’m okay with the nameplates like we have now for Marathon, CE, H2, etc. I’m okay with one of those “exclusive” to those who’ve played the prior games and such but I’m NOT okay with exclusive armor or something.
>
> In game content should be available across the board to all players.

So are you against Legendary editions as well because they give out special armor, and the Halo fans who are not in good financial situation can’t afford them?

Or are you against the Haunted helmet because many Halo fans don’t want to boost but also don’t have enough time to reach the rank of Inheritor?

What about the Waypoint armor? What about players who are not good enough to get the achievements required for unlocking those pieces?

I’m not saying that a huge portion of the armory be exclusive, just a handful of pieces. One for each game, and one for having played all of them.