revolutionary new game type "conversion"

ok here is my “revolutionary” new game type idea… Conversion

first off it is essencially a team slayer game, but not like any youve ever played before.

number of players:8

the game starts out with 8 teams each with only one player.

if someone kills you you then respond on their team if you kill someone that person joins your team. the game ends when the teams either A. reach a score limit or B. all players are on one team.

example of how it may work

teams 1-8 face off

player 1 kills player 2 so player one and two are now on a team

player 3 kills player 4 so theyre now on a team

player 5 gets killed by player 4 so player 3 4 and 5 are on a team

player 8 kills player 1 so player 1 and 8 are on a team and player 2 is back on his or her own team.

ok well you get the gist of it and i dont feel like making up a whole game scenario right now

possible variations and additional rules

big team battle version with 16 players. same as the original but with 16 players instead. also perhaps 8 teams of two just becuase their are only 8 teams colors in reach and i dont know if that will change for 4.

if you are last man standing it earns you one more life as a member of the team you are on now.

winning. the winner is the player with the most kills as well as the winning team. so if you are both on the winning team and have most kills you get double the xp!

Sound very cool, but what happens when one team only has 1 player left?

> Sound very cool, but what happens when one team only has 1 player left?

epicness of course i mean imagine being the last player against 7 other people and your one shot and if you die before kiling one of them the game is over than you kill one of theyre players and that player is now on your team. so now its 2 v 6 and your making an epic comeback

What a novel idea. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone suggest anything like this before. I would certainly give it a go.

Thats a good idea it would be fun to play

nice i like it

would any one be willing to test this in customs using “honor” rules?

also perhaps 3 kills before the change just becuase if someone is good and kills the other 7 players super quickly the game would be over to fast

This is actually an awesome game idea. Thumbs up for thinking of this!

Now… how to get 343i to see this.

Have you thought of a name for this game type, wamego?

Perhaps you could use something that reflects the changing loyalties of the players, such as Conversion, or something that refers to the exponential growth of the dominant team, such as Legion.

This is truly a brilliant idea. Not only does it appear and seem entirely original, but it sounds like it would ACTUALLY be fun. Thanks for posting this, I really do hope that it does get some recognition.

Yes! This gametype sounds fun and original! Nice job OP :slight_smile: I also can imagine a BTB varaint of this :smiley:

I think I’ve spotted a problem with this game type: who “wins”? If I, for example, start on yellow team and manage to convert a large number of people, I could be seen as “winning”. However, if I am then killed by a blue player, I then join blue team, and if yellow team wins, who has really won?

i can see a lot of team kills, as we will be changing teams so much we will forget what team we are in :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like this idea.

But… could Reach’s scoreboard program thing handle it? Cause it already has trouble with Infection team changes.

Also, I think it could work better as a 16-player gametype.

Also also, what Syllipsis asked about who is winning.

> I think I’ve spotted a problem with this game type: who “wins”? If I, for example, start on yellow team and manage to convert a large number of people, I could be seen as “winning”. However, if I am then killed by a blue player, I then join blue team, and if yellow team wins, who has really won?

score it FFA style, most kills.

I found a potential flaw. What happens if one person starts the game with a 7 kill streak? It would be a pretty boring game IMO.

This is a really cool idea. It would have to be scored FFA style, unfortunately, but ultimately would be a lot of fun. I’d be up for trying this out with honor rules.

I have always wanted to post in a forum like this, heres my take on things.

I say overhaul the play style of the game to make it more tactically practical, such as wall hugging, climbing, crawling, hanging off things, and what ever else you can think of, kind of like taking splinter cell, rainbow 6, and others mix mashing them all together and putting a huge halo twist on it.

Im not saying make the game just like those games, im saying take inspiration from those and build it into the mind set of being a powerful spartan in high tech armor. Having real doors that open and close, being able to set traps on the doors, either explosives or smock/flash bang, type traps. Having advanced optics available, such as optics for seeing in the dark, optics for seeing heat or electrical signatures (traps and other things) and what ever gear you can think of that a state of the art super soldier would be expected to use.

And my favorite idea, make sprint/evade standard, but overhaul it operates in what ever you are doing, and have a stamina bank that you draw from as you use it, which is limited so you have to be smart about how you use it. An example is if you are running it makes you run faster, if your jumping, you can jump higher/farther, if your running and jumping, you can have a mixed bag of running jumping, jumping running, depending how fast your running at the time. As well as melee, if you are using your stamina while melee it is that much more powerful, on offense as well as defense, so you can cancel each other out or grapple onto each other and get into a wrestling match with combat knives. If you dont like people sprinting up to you to punch you in the face like a -Yoink-, use your stamina to jump up really high and grab a hold of the ceiling and shoot down on them as they run around below. All the limitless possibilities you could have with active stamina abilities is an amazing thought, especially if you allow people to have an armor ability as well as advanced stamina.

And what about breakable objects in the environment? if most walls and cover were breakable, then you could do all kinds of things that you would have never thought about doing before. Think of fighting in an office building, cubicles everywhere, and spartans plowing through them with stamina sprint or explosives, think about being able to pick objects up and throwing them at people, or using them as shields to deflect bullts, all the things you would expect to see in a fight between super soldiers.

I have read almost all the books, when I see the way the spartans were trained, and the way they operate, there is so much more to the spartans than what we have seen in matchmaking, I think halo would be that much better if it were more true to the story, the spartans were the best soldiers ever trained, they had all the training they could use, access to all kinds of equipment and support for the mission at hand, these are the elite of the elite, and they have everything to show for it.

If these things were to be added in, it would make “skill” a more realistic thing, being about to shoot straight is nice, being able to land each hit just right is good, but being able to pull crazy -Yoink- left and right to the point where people have no idea what your going to pull next, thats skill, being able to out shoot, out maneuver, and out think your enemy, thats the very essence of skill, expecting anything else is just silly…

I played a game like this back on halo 2 called “Virus”, where you would turn to the color of which ever team killed you. Let’s say you add in “Headshot” heats to this gameplay, where not only does the virus get bigger, but also more deadly. That’d be interesting

> i can see a lot of team kills, as we will be changing teams so much we will forget what team we are in :stuck_out_tongue:

friendly fire may need to be reduced or turned off also as far as who wins um it would be the player with the most kills as well as the team that one so like you can get twice the xp if you are on the winning team and have most kills. or just most kills