Reviving Halo 4 - Returning the favor

With the previous announcement of the Halo 4 Championship bundle and 343i’s great efforts to bring more content to us, I honestly think it’s time to try and return the favor and bring people back. A game that started out poorly has redeemed itself in various ways and it deserves another chance from the community.

So please, tell your friends about what’s coming to Halo 4 and what 343i has done recently and bring back some of the population. Many people may be satisfied with the recent changes.

Even if they aren’t, well at least they gave it another chance.

If I tell someone on my friends list to play Halo 4 again, they’ll ask, “Did they implement a local only search option?”, I’ll say no and then they’ll go back to Last of Us or Dark Souls.

Halo 4 has improved a lot. But let’s wait for it to improve a bit more before we start a repopulate movement. For example, classic playlist still doesn’t exist.

> If I tell someone on my friends list to play Halo 4 again, they’ll ask, “Did they implement a local only search option?”, I’ll say no and then they’ll go back to Last of Us or Dark Souls.

Yes, we get it, you want local only search. I agree the game needs one, but it doesn’t need spammed in every single thread.

At this point I’d advocate you write an entire essay on it and mail it to 343I, would be much more constructive.

> Halo 4 has improved a lot. But let’s wait for it to improve a bit more before we start a repopulate movement. For example, classic playlist still doesn’t exist.

True, but hopefully that will be fixed with legendary slayer.

> If I tell someone on my friends list to play Halo 4 again, they’ll ask, “Did they implement a local only search option?”, I’ll say no and then they’ll go back to Last of Us or Dark Souls.

You post that local search stuff on literally every post you make.
Honestly, idk why people want local search anyway, my connection is just fine.
I only get lag once in a great while.

I gave Halo 4 a second chance a few weeks ago, and I didn’t notice any differences. If anything it felt like there were even more power weapons around than the already insane amount before. I see no reason why I should come back now. Other games have been delivering me way more fun than Halo 4 did.

I’ve already been trying to get my friends to play this game again, but I noticed there was one “issue” that kept them from playing. They have friends that have hate for Halo 4. Those individuals desperately were trying to convince them to not play it, trying to make the game sound terrible. Of course, some of my friends have not tried the new updated version, so I informed them of what was in it. They tried it out, and greatly favored the game again.

^^^What I am stating here is that there are other reasons outside the game of why they avoid it. They didn’t know the game had an update, they were never told of it. Their friends (the ones that have hate for the game, of course,) stated many issues of the game, no positives. They didn’t even know that there was updates themselves.

So yes OP, this game needs the favor to be returned.

The main reason why most of my friends quit is nobification. Not much has changed on that front. Maybe if they reduce utility weapon aim assist and balance power weapons better I’ll try again to convince them.

> With the previous announcement of the Halo 4 Championship bundle and 343i’s great efforts to bring more content to us, I honestly think it’s time to try and return the favor and bring people back. A game that started out poorly has redeemed itself in various ways and it deserves another chance from the community.
>
> So please, tell your friends about what’s coming to Halo 4 and what 343i has done recently and bring back some of the population. Many people may be satisfied with the recent changes.
>
> Even if they aren’t, well at least they gave it another chance.

I tried to tell my friends Halo 4 has improved but no one seems to believe me :frowning:

> > If I tell someone on my friends list to play Halo 4 again, they’ll ask, “Did they implement a local only search option?”, I’ll say no and then they’ll go back to Last of Us or Dark Souls.
>
> You post that local search stuff on literally every post you make.
> <mark>Honestly, idk why people want local search anyway, my connection is just fine.</mark>
> I only get lag once in a great while.

Not everyone lives in America.

^
Love that ignorance. “MY CONNECTION IS FINE so, uh, somehow there is no problem everrrr”.

Sigh. Some people never learn.

I agree local search is a necessity only amateurs leave out, ESPECIALLY so long after release, but there are more problems to be fixed than just that.

Anyway, I won’t ask people to come back because they’re bringing out more content I’d have to pay for when the game is still not anywhere near the quality it should have been and never will be. Sometimes, when you make a mistake or you -Yoink- around, you get hit hard for it. I don’t think it’s our responsibility to give them or H4 a second chance. It’s their responsibility to figure out what people actually want, what’s wrong with their game, and actually create something people WANT.

Perhaps they will have learned in time to save H5, perhaps not.

We’ll see.

> At this point I’d advocate you write an entire essay on it and mail it to 343I, would be much more constructive.

I tried that with campaign/spartan ops theatre. I sent copies to 4 different people at 343i.

I did not get a response.

I’ve been gettine friends to get into custom games. But with the new Armor, Maps, Skins, and stances, we’re gonna be playing alot more. I mean, the pit just looks epic. I like how it looks weathered, but it still has the same feel to the gameplay.

AND I SWEAR IF SOME COD FANBOY GETS ON HERE SAYS PITFALL IS A COPY OF FIRING RANGE THEN I’MA BE DONE FOR THE DAY.

Cus we all know Halo 3 was before Black Ops.

The game is more enjoyable. But be careful who you bring back. IF it’s one of those haters who just say all the negatives but no positives them don’t bring them back we don’t want those people. If they been a halo fan and stop at halo 4 and there respectful then yes bring them back.

> Halo 4 has improved a lot. But let’s wait for it to improve a bit more before we start a repopulate movement. For example, classic playlist still doesn’t exist.
>
>
>
> > If I tell someone on my friends list to play Halo 4 again, they’ll ask, “Did they implement a local only search option?”, I’ll say no and then they’ll go back to Last of Us or Dark Souls.
>
> Yes, we get it, you want local only search. I agree the game needs one, but it doesn’t need spammed in every single thread.
>
> At this point I’d advocate you write an entire essay on it and mail it to 343I, would be much more constructive.

Please post the e-mail address that we are supposed to send our complaints too. Preferably one that 343 won’y just have it sent right into junk mail or ignore on the forums.

I and thousands of others have been asking for “Best Connection” (as in Reach), “Same language” (which is in Reach and is similiar to a local only"), “Local Only”, opt out of JIP and fixing the horrible method of host selection (I want it to pick the best host for each game - not the current “host History” method) for almost 9 months.

Obviously we are not getting through, so I would love to forward to 343 the thousands of “Lag” related posts on these forums so they can actually fix it. I don’t expect it to run like it’s on dedicated servers, but I play other titles (H3, Reach, COD II, Sonic and GTA IV) and they never lag like H4 does on my connection (8 ms ping time local, 70 ms ping across north america, 50 mbps download, 11 mbps upload, direct ethernet connection on ADSL and only 1 person using the connection).

And before I’m branded just another Halo whiner, I have ALL the FPS Halo titles up on my shelf (including Halo for Mac) and I bought the special LE H4 edition expecting I would get all the Halo DLC content for 2013. 343 doesn’t even have Map Play List slots for the DLC maps packs - so I can’t even play them if I wanted too.

Look, all I’m trying to say is there is a time and place, and this is neither the time or the place.

If e-mails don’t work, make a thread with a poll (Do you want a local only search?) and try to get as much support as possible.

But don’t go posting about it in entirely irrelevant threads.

> I’ve been gettine friends to get into custom games. But with the new Armor, Maps, Skins, and stances, we’re gonna be playing alot more. I mean, the pit just looks epic. I like how it looks weathered, but it still has the same feel to the gameplay.
>
> AND I SWEAR IF SOME COD FANBOY GETS ON HERE SAYS PITFALL IS A COPY OF FIRING RANGE THEN I’MA BE DONE FOR THE DAY.
>
> Cus we all know Halo 3 was before Black Ops.

Made my day.

Anywho, I’ll try to get some friends back. I know I will be coming back, (Pitfall <3)

My only issue is that my friends a firm believers that DLC should always be free. Their idiots, but it’s their own belief. I’m not going to complain about the War Games Pass not covering these new DLC.

343i clearly stated it only covered the 3 map packs available. They were like “3 map packs for 25$ instead of 30$ whaaaat!!”

and we all new it. Sorry you guys don’t catch on to what is right in front of you.

Still, Halo 4 has been in a rough patch since launch, sharing the same amount of population as Halo 3 at some points. Still, it’s a fun game in its own right.