Revert the "New" Rocket Launcher look?

Hi there,

I just want to give my piece of thought to the new look of the Rocket Launcher. Now before anyone comes into any conclusion I must say I love how Halo 5 guardians is looking so far my only little complain is the new Rocket Launcher design simply because the original one was an icon.
Not only an icon in the Halo in general but to me it was an icon to video game weapons as a whole. What do you guys think? Do you guys like the new Rocket Launcher, simply don’t mind or wish for the original look back?

The new one is ugly

I agree, the new Rocket Launcher looks simply atrocious. It’s very modern and mainstream with its single barrel and green colouring, making it an extremely boring design. The classic Halo Rocket Launcher is a beautiful design, and very unique.

I see no reason for 343i to have changed the design. The only other possibility that I can think of is that this new design is for a Legendary weapon, which I hope is the case…

I don’t know if the original was iconic, but this new version is simply ugly by comparison…
There may be some rational balance related change away from the double barrel, but it’s visually unappealing.

> 2533274808386392;3:
> I agree, the new Rocket Launcher looks simply atrocious. It’s very modern and mainstream with its single barrel and green colouring, making it an extremely boring design. The classic Halo Rocket Launcher is a beautiful design, and very unique.
>
> I see no reason for 343i to have changed the design. The only other possibility that I can think of is that this new design is for a Legendary weapon, which I hope is the case…

I just hope that’s the case, or else I am going to be disappointed that they removed one of the most beloved icons in gaming.

They’ve changed the look of many of the weapons. Bungie too (remember that Reach AR? bleh).

> 2533274883669557;6:
> They’ve changed the look of many of the weapons. Bungie too (remember that Reach AR? bleh).

I personally don’t mind those like the Halo 4 BR,Reach AR or Reach Banshee mainly because they still retain what the weapon looks like (The Reach AR still had it’s core design with the screen on top and slick upper body). But the new Rocket Launcher is just a tube. Regadless I am not going to hate all of Halo 5 because of it, It’s just a minor change that I think it’s unnecessary unless there is a reason behind it.

The new rockets are generic. They look like they were taken from the rack of generic rpgs

I like it, but it would be cooler if it was a fix of this one and the old one.
As in take this one then double the barrels on it. I lime the old one, but it was too bulky. A sleeker version of it would be great.

Wish they would. I mean yeah. you got to admit its plain. not really eye pleasing.
Its them telling us that you have to forget the past halos.
There’s a new era of Halo emerging. Just accept it. sigh . IMO this change is not an advance in Halo.
I really love mostly everything about the Halo 5, but this.

Changing the rockets was pointless. You took a beautiful, unique design and changed it just for the sake of changing it.
Now it looks like your average SMAW.
What’s next, replacing the Magnum with a Desert Eagle look alike?

Every single thing about Halo is being changed bit by bit. It’s like it’s suddenly a cardinal sin for Halo to actually resemble Halo in any form. These small changes may not seem like much, but they all add up.

Yes, I am annoyed. Please, revert it back, and stop with this nonsense.

> 2533274819302824;11:
> Changing the rockets was pointless. You took a beautiful, unique design and changed it just for the sake of changing it.
> Now it looks like your average SMAW.
> What’s next, replacing the Magnum with a Desert Eagle look alike?
>
> Every single thing about Halo is being changed bit by bit. It’s like it’s suddenly a cardinal sin for Halo to actually resemble Halo in any form. These small changes may not seem like much, but they all add up.
>
> Yes, I am annoyed. Please, revert it back, and stop with this nonsense.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

> 2533274832164719;12:
> > 2533274819302824;11:
> > Changing the rockets was pointless. You took a beautiful, unique design and changed it just for the sake of changing it.
> > Now it looks like your average SMAW.
> > What’s next, replacing the Magnum with a Desert Eagle look alike?
> >
> > Every single thing about Halo is being changed bit by bit. It’s like it’s suddenly a cardinal sin for Halo to actually resemble Halo in any form. These small changes may not seem like much, but they all add up.
> >
> > Yes, I am annoyed. Please, revert it back, and stop with this nonsense.
>
>
> Yeah my thoughts exactly.

im ok with changing the design, but as long as it looks similar

I agree new rocket looks awful, please update or use old design, please.

New one is generic incarnate, please remove it. The charm to the old one was its big, bulky, silver look, like an old sci fi weapon.

Yeah the new one looks pretty ugly. The old one looked awesome. Always has. Always will.

Although now, maybe it only fires one shot which is why they changed it. Even still. Other one is better

The new one is not pretty at all.

Perhaps it’s from a different planet where it evolved differently than it’s other bretheren, like the rest of the Covenant races? /sarcasm

> 2533274829505190;13:
> > 2533274832164719;12:
> > > 2533274819302824;11:
> > > Changing the rockets was pointless. You took a beautiful, unique design and changed it just for the sake of changing it.
> > > Now it looks like your average SMAW.
> > > What’s next, replacing the Magnum with a Desert Eagle look alike?
> > >
> > > Every single thing about Halo is being changed bit by bit. It’s like it’s suddenly a cardinal sin for Halo to actually resemble Halo in any form. These small changes may not seem like much, but they all add up.
> > >
> > > Yes, I am annoyed. Please, revert it back, and stop with this nonsense.
> >
> >
> >
> > Yeah my thoughts exactly.
>
>
> im ok with changing the design, but as long as it looks similar

But it doesn’t look similar at all.

While I think that the Rocket Launcher had always looked ugly and too simple for a 25th century weapon, I’d gladly take that over the new generic green Bazoka. I think that the change to such a unique weapon that looked the same in every installment of the game should be gradual, while also looking familiar in the end result.

The original double barreled design looked cool, but made no sense. The barrels would flip over after every shot. Why? Why not be able to shoot both rockets at once? It looks like two of those collapsible chinese bazookas strapped together. It would make more sense to have a magazine to hole rockets instead of wasting metal on a second barrel that doesn’t help anyway because the original launcher loaded the rockets into a magazine chamber anyway.

Yes, the new design is ugly. I can’t understand why they changed it. Why change what already was good? I can understand why they changed Battle Rifle, because they wanted it to call attention of Call of Duty players, but this rocket launcher won’t attract even them, the old one was way better