Returning To Halo 5

So as I’m sure many have I took a short brake from H5 to play other releases (BF1, Titanfall 2 etc.) but once again Halo has dragged me back in.

But unlike other Halo games where most of the time I could pick up where I left off (I could jump into a Halo 3 game and after a few minutes be back to my normal skill level) Halo 5 feels like a very different beast. The game feels very unwelcoming for new or returning players who are a bit rusty.

The game doesn’t seem to take into account the fact that you’ve stopped playing for an extended period and expects you to be as skilled coming back as you were when you stopped. And while this worked for the less competitive Halos with Halo 5 it feels as if its dropped you in the deep end before walking off laughing (vivid flashback to being taught to swim). And to that a aggressive and toxic community at the higher levels (Its a game for sake, get over it) and I’m worried that Halo 5 has become in-accessible to many gamers.

Now before someone starts ranting and raving that I want Halo to go back to its casual ways, that’s absolutely not what I want. IMO taking Halo back to its competitive roots is the best move 343 has ever done but more can be done to make Halo 5 accessible to returning players.

When the ranks reset, fully reset it. Don’t use the players history as a starting point (just cause I was a diamond a month ago doesn’t mean I still am today).
Include social slayer. Come on 343 the fact there isn’t a dedicated social slayer playlist a year after launch is horrendous.

As for the community, I understand its frustrating when playing at a high level and loosing a game because a player went 2-24 but don’t be total -Yoink- about it. Its a game, its not important. Also we were all noobs at one point so lay off.

Get a second account and use it for warming up. That way your stats don’t get affected. To rank, just solo queue for all your matches. That way the people you play with and against don’t hate you. No it’s not smurfing because you’re warming up, not at the top of your game roasting and toasting little kids

> 2535464801356957;2:
> Get a second account and use it for warming up. That way your stats don’t get affected. To rank, just solo queue for all your matches. That way the people you play with and against don’t hate you. No it’s not smurfing because you’re warming up, not at the top of your game roasting and toasting little kids

When I read that part :joy::sweat_smile: